It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban!

www.msnbc.msn.com

Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan, according to a report in a British newspaper.

The Sunday Times described how a man it said was a "Taliban treasurer" had gone to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul, a reward it said was for an attack in July which killed several Afghan government troops and destroyed an American armored vehicle.

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months, the treasurer claimed to hav
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com
www.myfoxny.com

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ahem... You just couldn't make this stuff up.

What else can I say, I call BS on the story. It could be true, but the boy who cries wolf comes to mind.

Well I have to write a more meaningful summary. So basically this is just another story to throw in the mix to gain support for action on Iran. Or at the very least to sour the public opinion towards them.

What baffles me is that the Taliban are predominantly Sunni, whether as Iran is largely Shiite, an admission that is actually made in the article. Traditionally these two separate groups don't get on (to say the least). But I suppose the enemy of your enemy is a friend or something.

The Iranian's originally helped the US in the beginning of operations against the Taliban, and were committed to further support. This was of course until Bush's now famous 'axis of evil' speech.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank you for the post.

This is indeed the type of stuff that you COULD and WOULD make up to help instill an anti-Iranian perspective in people. I'm not arguing that what I just pointed out is the truth, merely providing perspective.

Sadly, neither would surprise me at this point.

just to drive my point home, one of the first responses on msnbc I came across was from "the defender", a man with a profile picture of what I assume to be him (a 60 year old man with a mustache), shirtless, flexing for the camera.

"Dont worry leftists your leader Obama will ignore this he is too busy dealing with Arizona!!! If true this is clearly an act of war and requires a response from the USA!!!!"

not slammin, just sayin.

I'd be willing to bet "the defender" would be sitting at home slamming lemonade or budweiser, flexing shirtless and talking tough on the internet when people 1/3 his age would be lying limp in the sand, blood pouring out. Civilians will be murdered, soldiers KIA, social and technological infrastructure destroyed. Have idiots not learned anything from our time in the Middle-East?

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hate when they say things like "IRAN SAYS" or "AMERICA SAYS" or "ISRAEL SAYS"...
Until I see evidence of Amadinjihad signing the cheques, we all knew this was going on.

ALSO.. US funded them to kill Russians.. No?

[edit on 5-9-2010 by CanadianDream420]

CX

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me in the least, rumour had it that the IRA did the same with us over in N.I, the price went up depending on what you did.

CX.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am tired of it.

I have been fed this pro isreal war mongering propaganda my whole adult life.

Love conquers all and eventually love is going to rip these manipulative a-holes a new one.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Wow. They are getting a good deal. America spends way more than that for each dead Muslim.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
[HOAX] article obviously....

and flag for bringing my attention to Sunday Times making up such a story. Now I know I will never watch, or read a single article from ST

[edit on 5-9-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Obviously most of us here will see through this garbage for what it really is - propaganda.

The scary thought is how many Americans reading that article will believe its true? Amadinjihad will have the face of Saddam painted over his own. Same sh**, different country.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
While I don't necessarilly buy this story, if it were true, I would state simply state, "Hmm, isn't this what we did in Iraq and are continuing to do in Afghanistan? So the 'Enemy' is learning from our own strategies?"

*feh* War is hell.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Wouldn't surprise me in the least, rumour had it that the IRA did the same with us over in N.I, the price went up depending on what you did.

CX.

Not sure what you mean? Are you suggesting IRA members were payed by another country or...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean? Are you suggesting IRA members were payed by another country

I don’t think he did, the IRA just used this ransom strategy to encourage assassinations-murder. However the IRA did get a lot backing & weapons from Libya, so who knows if it was directly sponsored or not?
Either way Britain is friends with Libya as we extract they’re oil, meanwhile support for the IRA has plummeted both internally and globally. Only exceptions being small breakaway groups (like the so called Real IRA).

These organisations possess a very high level, of unemployed “Chav’s” (sub-class), who hate police anyway. The fact politics can be used to lead them into violence, is how a localised social problem becomes a national security, one. IRA was no different so the potential for trouble is still huge.
Thankfully 40 years of turbulence has seen the hotspots littered with MI5 agents.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Thanks for the reply, wasn't trying to antagonise CX or anything, I just genuinely didn't understand.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
this is just impossible to believe to be true

they dont need money to kill soldiers, they do because they need to survive

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That is it?

We pay up to 25 million, maybe the Taliban is working for the wrong side?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well didn't I read somewhere that the US has admitted paying the Taliban for safe passage of there vehicles??

Pretty much the same thing except the US doesn't ask how many US soldiers were killed with the weapons bought with the money they provided..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here is another source for the story...

Taliban paid bounties for kills

The Australian

RANIAN companies in Kabul are using their offices to covertly finance Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.

They are paying bounties of $US1000 ($1090) for killing a US soldier and $US6000 for destroying a military vehicle, a treasurer for the insurgents says.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, we wonder why the Taliban is so well armed..

It's because they are being payed by so many sides, all wanting to keep this war going for their own reasons..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
I am tired of it.

I have been fed this pro isreal war mongering propaganda my whole adult life.

Love conquers all and eventually love is going to rip these manipulative a-holes a new one.

Well put, as have I. The thing they don't seem to get is that there are consequences for their lies. Eternal consequences. One of the perks of godlessness is that you start to believe that there is no God, there are no consequences. I am so sick of it...my whole life I have seen this israeli trash taking America to the dump. It is just that easy. Any minute now a 'Christian' will wander up to me and start talking about the upcoming war against Iran...I could scream at this point.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's amazing how many people are so quick to call shenanigans when it's the enemy doing the awful thing. Wonder what the response would be if it were american soldiers getting bonuses for every scalp they brought back?

I smell hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join