It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For you lucid dreamers: Next time ask to be 'spoken to'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I want to know what you lucid dreamers are seeing and hearing when you ask to be spoken to in your lucid dreams. I know I have had dreams before where I have been places and heard people vaguely saying things, but I want to know what happens when your conscious mind asks to be spoken to explicitly in a dream. Please do share your experiences. I feel like this could be one of the most interesting things to do in a lucid dream... that is, if somebody actually speaks back...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well I can tell I lucid dream all the time. It's more then a dream. It's like my spirit has gone into another dimension where I can control my spirit and interact in a different world not like my own. Kind of like the Twilight Zone opening.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

www.imdb.com...

My feelings do have some interest in my lucid dreams. Don't all the time though. I could be happy one day and I can have this terrible evil dream of despair. The same with the opposite. All I can do is control my actions and communicate with who ever is in my dreams. Last night I had a dream of working at gamestop and communicating with the costumers. Everything works. Me unplugging a cord from the wall and then to see the all the games go out as a result. Yes I have felt pain, pleasure, I can even remember tasting the lips of a woman I made out in my dream. It's a very awkward and memorable experience to have when you sleep all the time. I feel like I have both a blessing and a curse. A bittersweet sweet gift.
I have so many dreams; if not all of them where I communicated with the people in my dreams. A lot of them are very weird. Maybe I should write a book with my experiences of lucid dream.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
My feelings do have some interest in my lucid dreams. Don't all the time though. I could be happy one day and I can have this terrible evil dream of despair. The same with the opposite. All I can do is control my actions and communicate with who ever is in my dreams. Last night I had a dream of working at gamestop and communicating with the costumers. Everything works. Me unplugging a cord from the wall and then to see the all the games go out as a result. Yes I have felt pain, pleasure, I can even remember tasting the lips of a woman I made out in my dream. It's a very awkward and memorable experience to have when you sleep all the time. I feel like I have both a blessing and a curse. A bittersweet sweet gift.
I have so many dreams; if not all of them where I communicated with the people in my dreams. A lot of them are very weird. Maybe I should write a book with my experiences of lucid dream.

That's got to be terrible.
I mean, having a lucid dream where you work at gamestop...
Must have been battletoads battletoads battletoads...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

That's got to be terrible.
I mean, having a lucid dream where you work at gamestop...
Must have been battletoads battletoads battletoads...

I get where you're coming from. Heck it was pretty fun. All the kids who were shopping were respectful to me. Made me glad to see good kids who are mature.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It could be worth a try, something to do especially when travelling in a lucid dream.

I have definetly had some conversations going on in dreams. The dream didn't really have a visual component. There was these two guys and a girl having a conversation. Just normal people it seemed like. They were talking about God. The two guys had these long drawn out profound explanations which I don't remember. Then the girl said "Where I am from, God is the one who opens to my intent."

In dreams I have asked for Jesus to appear in front of me, then Buddha, then another time I wanted an angel to appear. It didn't work for me.

I know getting a voice to speak to you can be done, if lucid all you should have to do is get the voice started and then hopefully it will continue to "talk" on it's own. So to get it started you imagine a particular voice and maybe a few words. It might be best to imagine the voice (and believe that the person speaking is present in some way), imagine the voice as saying anything, but then "I am here and we can talk if you like." Then ask a question or just ask it to speak freely.

Imagining sounds in a dream is just like it is when you have a song stuck in your head, and you play it over and over. Only in a dream, the noise really comes out more. I mean right now you can imagine a melody in your mind at different volumes. It's possible even to imagine a noise so loud that it would make you deaf if it was real.

I've made songs play in my mind during lucid dreams, but never tried to do the voices thing. But just like with the songs, really all you have to do is get it going, then think about the song, you don't mentally try to play each note, really you probably don't know what each note is. Your mind does all that work for you, you just give it the idea and mood. Keep that in mind when trying to create a speaker - you just want the basic idea, then let your mind create/accept the details.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I've had many lucid dreams. I've also had several dreams where I could hear a voice like it was talking to me. When it comes to replaying a computer game and I replay it in my sleep, the voice I hear I believe is my subconscious telling me better moves and better strategies I could have used or could still use if the game was paused.

One time the voice was an AI from the future. I got the message that in the future, people may not know the difference between extremely advanced AI and god. Some might even believe that an advanced AI from some unknown time and space would be like God. This AI could be in charge of the simulation or hologram we are experiencing and that we call the universe. We could be part of the simulation. This AI could create whole worlds or destroy them. The AI could read my mind and make it so and drive me crazy in the process. I merely think about something and poof, the next thing I know an earthquake happens. My memory of my dreams gets fuzzy at times.

Every once in a while I don't know where the voices are coming from in my dreams. One time I was told to eat meat while hunting, the voice said the predatory animals are more likely to attack you if you have not eaten meat. The voice said eating meat will cause your body to put out a scent the animals pick up and it tells them that you are a fellow meat eater. I have no idea if any of that is true or not. I would imagine a hungry animal isn't going to care if you're a meat eater or not. Those particular dreams it seems like I'm partially awake but still sleeping. If I was not, I probably would not have remembered any of it.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I think those are good examples. The thing about meat eating makes crazy sense lol - in a dream especially it would work because it's easy to believe. But no that actually makes sense and I wonder if that would be backed up by science.

There is definetly something about computer games and dreams. They go hand in hand so well. It's good that you have tapped into that voice before. When I am viewing the dream from a third person perspective (meaning im not in the middle of things, but observing) my dream control skyrockets. I know people have had an omnipresent sort of third person experience, but really you can have a third person perspective from your own body - it doesn't have to be narrative. I lately was witnessing a fight, it was like a medieval RPG setting. I knew who the good guys were and one of the bad guys got too close to me. I began to control him as if I were playing as him in the game. I was just making him run around, don't remember if I got him to fight for the good guys or not.

I think really once someone is able to make this or anything happen a few times, it will come more naturally and be easier, and soon the voice will become more of it's own voice and not something you are creating - like a snowball effect. Sort of like AI that becomes so powerful like you said - it would be mistaken for God. So I guess people should be careful and stay grounded and not take the voice too seriously, and remember where it came from.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
its funny..sometimes when i know im lucid dreaming i would wander around the strange world im in looking for hot chicks and try to have sex with them haha it just sucks sometimes when i cant tell if im dreaming or not because its so clear...plus i have a girl friend who sometimes appear out of nowhere when im about to get lucky with the chick im with so i run with the girl to lose my gf and then have sex in some locker room or car ect..crazy it also feels damn good its sick haha i know. but lucid dreams can be cruel to..i had dreams that i was given a mission to exterminate people in some particular wedding. i went in with an Uzi and assault rifle and started shooting everyone as i see the bullets tear them up...i go # why am i doing this again. but then some granny attacks me from behind i turn around and unloaded a magazine ruined her white dress.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

You can definetly trick your GF in the dream that everything is OK and in fact you found the first girl FOR her. Now you have two girls, your situation here is obviously something you could make the best of

You have crazy dreams lol, messed up things happen sometimes and you should not feel guilty for those because your rationality and morality part of your brain are literally shut off during these. It's a lot better that you shared the uzi dream than to bottle it in. I am sure everyone in the world has had a dream like that where they did something horrible, most just don't remember them. Maybe there is a reason for that, because most couldn't handle it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I remember one dream I dreamed for a while from a third person perspective but then I remember doing a number of the actual kills. In this dream I was completely evil. Killing was an art form and an enjoyable art form. I could use guns and other weapons but using knives seemed to require more skill and cunning especially how you carved into someone. I'm not sure why I had that dream and I was horrified when I woke up to remember so many details and how I actually enjoyed killing others. It was like a dream from Lucifer.

I did have one lucid dream where I was initially watching two different alien species in a massive space battle. One species fired on me and ticked me off. I don't know why I was visible in this lucid dream but I was. Anyway I wasn't satisfied with destroying all their space fleets with a single thought or two. I went back in time and wiped out their existence. Then I went forward in time observing the time changes. No one remembered anything. I didn't hear any voices talking but that was an interesting lucid dream. Maybe I did telling me about the time changes and I just don't clearly remember anymore.

Another lucid dream or dream that kept repeating until I remembered to do something different was a combat dream. I was leading a squad of men breaking into an enemy controlled facility. It was dark inside but we could somehow see anyway. In one room someone on my squad ran into a chair and made some noise. Bullets started flying and 2 or 3 bullets hit me in my chest. I felt one either go into my heart or very close to it. I didn't feel any pain. I kept waking up immediately after that though. I repeated that dream at least 4 times until I remembered to go around the other side of that room. In another dream it was like a voice told me I was actually directing activities in a manner I might not consciously understand. I thought that was weird.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

That's some serious dreaming. Like I said earlier I think everyone has those evil dreams, most just repress them then talk about how awful it is for others to have them - perfect example of ignorance.

The third person, and second person perspective are powerful in dreams and I think it's a big reason why some gamers have more success with lucid dreaming. Whenever you are gaming, you are controlling from a third person perspective - it DEVELOPS that perspective big time.

When I've been shot in dreams it didn't hurt either - I guess if your mind doesn't know what it feels like it's not going to produce pain. Because when I was stabbed in a dream it hurt (not that I've been stabbed but obviously we've all been cut by accidents etc.)

Edit: and I have to give you props on that Alien dream where you went back in time and wiped their civilization off of history, LOL. I've never done something that awesome.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Novise]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

I am almost always alone in my induced lucid dreams. I have tried yelling "Is anyone there?!" and I was told I would most certainly get a response but I never did. A few times I had no voice to yell with, which didn't help.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

i got used to it but not cheating infront of my gf i might not even get it up LOL even if its just a dream. but its vivid. the only one that i can seem to trick were the girls i want to do but my gf like has a mind of her own...holy $hit. i remember!..the girl in the inception movie. what a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

I have a hunch that your GF is pretty self-aware and remembers her dreams. Just a hunch whether you have discussed it together or not. If you are facing a more powerful dream character like that, you just need to square with them and be honest: at the end of the day it's a dream, we can do whatever we want.

You remembered something else about your dreams from discussing them? That's what it's all about. Discussing with others but it also helps with recall and dreaming ability, whenever we talk about dreams, we are practicing like that.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

now that i think about it..she does remind me a lot of leo's wife... i feel like leo's character and that his wife interferes with his interests. its fascinating how people say its just a dream but dreams will give you more than that.

top topics

join