It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drill your own water well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There are many videos available on you tube showing you how to drill a water well but this has to be one of my favorites. It is a very simple and ingenious method, I thought It would be nice to show you guys as the equipment that these people are using is very basic and it just goes to show that you don't need a big fancy drilling rig to get water for the family.

Now I don't think for one minute that they are going through any rock formations, but it serves as a good demo, hope you find it useful.

Part 1

Part 2

Good bit of music too

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

These guys rock!
Marbles for check balls is primitive yet simply Genius!!
I was looking at this video series here but was having a problem getting a water hose in the desert, now i think I know how to.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
my question is how did they decide just where to drill the well...

was there a water witcher there to say right here and 60 feet down?

then the labor intense technology was great,
but theres a lot of galvanized pipe, pvc tubing, well points that all had to be manufactured in a high tech place then transported..

my idea would be to get all the supplies bundled for a 100 ft well
and have it on hand or for future trade !
after the TEOTWAWKI

thanks, & a *

[edit on 5-9-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yes the marbles for check valves were brilliant....

I just watched the old boy doing one in the video you attached. I liked the way he was drilling directly with the casing, no need for drill pipe. He was fortunate in the fact that he was only drilling to 27 feet or so.
He didn't cement it either, or run tubing inside the casing???

hadnt seen that one before,
thanks for posting,

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Rigel Kent]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yes I know what you mean, even though their gear isn't hi tech, they still have a fair bit and its probably something you would want to have organized and ready to go. They must have had 160 feet of pipe there I guess??
That derrick was a piece of work eh?

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
cool post very interesting how low tech can still get the job done maybe they should import this tech to Africa they need wells desprately

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yes, most likely one of those guys knows how to use a widget or they had someone come out ahead of time.
Truly they are easy to make with a couple of coat hangers and a couple of ball point pen bodies for handles, and not terribly hard to use. However I would never guess at the depth of said water. I have found water lines in my yard but never had an idea of the depth.

reply to post by Rigel Kent

Yeah that video was good stuff, but like I said the running water part would be hard in the middle of nowhere, but your film showed a brilliant way of doing that.
I figure I could make a reservoir and put a bilge in there hooked up to a generator rather than hand pumping it.
Those guys were some hard working sons of woohhooos.
Good stuff as we have had people post on ways to purify or store water but never how to drill for your own water and best of all it is pre filtered and totally renewable.
Excellent post for this forum I have to say.
Water is the second most important thing behind oxygen.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Agreed this is info that should be available to anyone but I think parts of Africa have bigger fish to fry first.
Africa could be a huge continent and totally rich if they could stabilize and get some countries out of it.
That is one of the big reasons I hate the idea of a NWO, if the UN can't help Africa then what is the point?

new topics

top topics

join