It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiltshire Policeman faces sack from cell attack on woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is typical police behaviour. I understand he is facing criminal charges but no doubt the judge will decide him losing his job is enough and he wont get a custodial sentence.

Lets hope I am wrong and he does do some time for this because I for one am sick of the corruption of every body of authority in this country and an example needs to be shown.

But then I think about what the American police get up to and am thankful the British police are not that far corrupt yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well said. Most people have no idea of the stuff that goes on in the force. People DO get arrested for no reason, people get arrested for reasons that are made up on the spot, people get arrested for not supporting the same football team as the policeman, for being a different religion, for not doing a sexual favour, and on and on and on.

When you have two power-hungry policemen/women working together, you have a recipe for unbelievable corruption and it happens all over the UK. The system is open to abuse and anyone who thinks our police here in the UK are innocent, is utterly naive.

Most of them are good guys....but the ones who are bad - well, the video is plain to see.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by qualitygossip

Theres loads of cases of bent policemen in UK.

I know of one who would go round the markets where there were people selling counterfeit cd/dvds. Instead of arresting them he would take a backhander to turn a blind eye.

Eventually he got found out and got fired. Last I saw him he had a stall at the market selling disks

I know this cos I used to be one of the market traders selling dodgy stuff, and policemen were some of my best customers.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I see the guy has been given 6 months jail for this

source

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Great news. He'll probably serve 3 months. I don't fancy his chances in prison much. Firstly being a police officer and secondly, an officer who physically abused a woman. Ouch.

At least when he gets out he'll have a criminal record and find it hard to get work etc.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by qualitygossip

Yes what will likely happen is the taxpayer will foot the bill for special accomodation for him, to keep him a way from other inmates.

If they don't do that and he gets attacked then the taxpayer will foot the bill for his compensation claim for failing to protect his rights.

Either way he costs us a lot.

CX

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This guy has been released after 6 days of his sentence, whilst they sort his appeal out.

Police sergeant Mark Andrews has been freed just six days after being jailed for assaulting Pamela Somerville.

The 37-year-old Melksham custody sergeant was jailed for six months last Tuesday after a court in Oxford saw CCTV pictures of him hurling 59-year-old Ms Somerville headfirst into a cell in July 2008.

She was left unconscious and is still suffering vision problems.

Andrews' defence team appealed against the sentence immediately after the hearing.

At a 30-minute hearing in Oxford today Judge Julian Hall was persuaded the 6ft 3in former soldier should be let out of jail before an appeal against his conviction and sentence is heard.

Source: Brutal Wiltshire sergeant is freed from prison after six days

Is that normal for someone convicted for assault to be released from their sentence whist the appeal is going through?

I thought most people waited for their appeal to go through whilst still inside?

CX.

edit on 15/9/10 by CX because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join