It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Think: Independent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If I had my druthers, we would have a U.S. Congress full of Independents. I love that word "independent"! It makes me think of people who are free to use their best judgment and do what they perceive is the best that can be done at any given moment.

I think it will be a mistake if we try to solve our national problems with a third party. Political parties suggest "us" and "them." We don't want a power struggle to be encouraged by dividing ourselves into categories to vie against each other.

This November, I will be encouraged by any Independents who become members of Congress.

We need a peaceful revolution in the U.S. A change-over of Congress, over time, from the two-party system to a Congress of Independents could be that revolution.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I totally DISAGREE mainly because even voting for the independants is still a vote which disenfranchises you! Vote for a LEADERLESS democracy where EVERTHING is run 1 day every luna monthly by citizens referendums held by ..oh yeah online on the internet...and rest of the month we can all discuss /whinge/whine/bitch/rant etc about the issues that concern us all [please note that OL is an Aussie in Oz OK!] while public service puts our wishes into force say after a independant judicial review to make sure our mob rule COMPLIES fully with an independant to all of us consensus agreed moral/morality code!

P.S. As a citizen [voting rights and able to go to war and or support one [or more
]] and not just a civilian, I don't farm out my personal responsibilities as mine and my local environments taskmaster/boss-cop, to anybody EVER and that includes anything I say and or write to the contrary EVER as I was clearly LYING to serve my own agenda/s!

If the nanny state really wants to baby me ... well then OL needs a nappy change IMMEDIATELY lol Oh and wheres me bottle [of beer OK woman...nannies are usually women yes? Leave the money on the fridge
thats a good baby doll
] and Waaaaaaah!.... Waaaaah! (think Stewie from Family Guy on PcPs and Meth)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Im with you. Independants for the win!!!!

Watching therepublican and democratic party bitch at each other over whos fault it is that this nation is going to hell, is getting really old.
Neither of the two parties are of any good, all they do is keep people playing against each other while keeping the focus of their hands in the cookie jar(war jar/economic jar).

I just get tired of debating with people on this site that only have one purpose, keeping their criminally elected politicians names in a good light, even when the debators KNOW that they are protecting someone who wipes their bottoms with the votes that got them to office in the first place.

There are no winners on the democratic and republican sides-
The real losers are the ones who keep these aholes in the positions in the first place. They know they made bad choices, but can never admit it.
PRIDE, gets in the way of logic 99 percent of the time, yet people continue on with the same dumb choices they did 4 years before that, 4 years before that, 4 years before that, so on and so on.

The only way to recovery(if it is even possible at this point) is to get people in there who can clean up the mess, people who have no loyalty to this 'movie script' or its producers.

Or...we can just keep electing these morons and get on with the destruction of our country from the inside out.

More than likely, I think people will continue voting like morons. Sad.

GIVE THE INDEPENDANTS A SHOT. REAL INDEPENDANTS.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I agree with you 100%,but with our two party system its hard for anyone to get out of the gates,no less get on the ballots.I'd love to see an Independent majority where govt. might actually work,but the powers that be will never allow that to happen.Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stillsearchin
I'd love to see an Independent majority where govt. might actually work,but the powers that be will never allow that to happen.

I think that ordinary people like myself need, at some point in time, to get over the mindset that the powers that be are in control and that's the end of it. Yes, they're in control right now. That's because they've managed to bamboozle us.

Well, perhaps at some point, after baby steps turn into strides forward, that could change.

Maybe.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'd rather have the Senate full of people with no party affiliation, Republican, Independent or Democrat.

And for crying out loud is there some way to get the Democrats to drop the "democratic" adjective? It's BLATENTLY obvious that the Democrats are not "democratic" since they DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR CONSTITUENTS.

Was I too subtle there? Yes? Oh, sorry. At least someone heard me.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
I'd rather have the Senate full of people with no party affiliation, Republican, Independent or Democrat.

Is there a political party that calls itself "Independent"? If there is, I'll have to suggest something else - because I want parties to become obsolete.

I want people, not party affiliates, in office.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
News Flash:

The majority of Americans wholly lost the ability to think independently decades ago, therefore there is NO chance of any successful "independent" movement in American politics.

We own you now, and you can never go back.

Resistance is futile.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
The majority of Americans wholly lost the ability to think independently decades ago, therefore there is NO chance of any successful "independent" movement in American politics.

It doesn't take a majority to get a new idea started.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

It doesn't take a majority to get a new idea started.

But it does to win.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Gotta start somewhere!

To give up is to lose for sure.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Gotta start somewhere!

We're gonna have to get a little crazy first.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It's crazy enough for me already. Things are beyond bizarre.

There's no time like the present.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's crazy enough for me already. Things are beyond bizarre

You ain't seen nothing yet, the next 14 to 16 months are going to get really crazy.

By the way, how is the weather in Virginia today?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Remember, we don't need an actual majority in congress, just enough independents in office to make sure that neither major party has a clear majority. This will force them to work with the independents in order to get things done.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
By the way, how is the weather in Virginia today?

Glorious! Fall is in the air. My favorite season.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've found a website called Project Vote Smart that lists the candidates that are not Democrats or Republicans.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Even independents will cave in when the money, women, perc's, and threats start to be offered.

Everyone has his price!

The only real independents are the string pullers behind the scenes. Real power has no need for politics, partys, or recognition.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Have any suggestions?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Have any suggestions?

It's very hard to change a Fascist Corporatracracy or Kleptracracy as some have called our current system. The idea that we live in a Democratic/Republic is very naive. Pathetic slaves that have bought into the slave owners manufactured illusion that you are free men.

I totally expect a very right wing house and congress to be installed after Nov. and a Theocratic president in 2012.
You think it's bad now?.....

My suggestion is to know the system, use the loopholes, be concerned about local issues, and fly under the radar or become an expat like I plan to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join