It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Comedy Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.

I love to laugh. And I love to make people laugh. For as long as I can remember comedy has had such a large influence on my life. Whether it was my Dad sitting my siblings and I down to watch Monty Python from a young age, or me inventing outlandish characters and scenes to entertain classes in school, I remain to this day so inspired by the ability to laugh and make others laugh.
I personally believe that laughter can be a pure source for change and transformation, that it can even save a persons life through the power of suggestion and positive thinking.

Now I don't expect such miraculous good will to transpire as a result of this collaboration but the intention of this thread is give the community of BTS and ATS a commonplace to share what they consider to be their most hilariously priceless moments that they have experienced first hand, invented themselves or remember from their favourite books, plays, movies, television or radio shows, whatever, wherever.

I believe, in light of recent acknowledgements of an increased hostility on ATS, that it is only fitting that we begin to bring the focus back to mutual cooperation and acceptance and positive thinking. For in the words of Gordon Allport:

So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter.

So to kick this thing off I'd like to share a clip featuring Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Andy Samberg and Bobby Moynihan performing a parody of Single Ladies for Saturday Night Live.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is a fave for my housemates and I, Eddie Murphy's ice-cream skit from Delirious:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I can't think of a good introduction, so I'll use this random Youtube comment instead:

To call Doug Stanhope a national treasure would be to insult Doug Stanhope. He is an interplanetary supergod and his dick has it's own aura.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by lynxlynx]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ha first time I've seen anything of Doug Stanhope's..

Here is a funny one from the British series Absolutely Fabulous.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I remember watching absolutely fabulous years ago.. It allways came like 2am or something =D.

Here's one of my absolute all time favourite: Yucko the Clown!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Realizing that this is not representative of a well written and delivered to kill comedy routine - it is still the funniest freaking thing I've ever watched!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Rest in peace, Richard.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Here are a couple of my favorites.

HASTILY MADE CLEVELAND TOURISM VIDEO

DuckTales Theme Gone Horribly Wrong

The WTF Blanket (Snuggie Parody)

I obviously enjoy weird comedy

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

That absolutely fabulous video had me in stitches, LOL. Nice one.

edit on 9/10/2010 by hhcore because: I wanted to.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Ha ha ha Yucko the Clown - just a tad inappropriate!

'Standing here beside Titan Stadium. What are you doing?'
'I'm doing the same thing'
'You're Titan Stadium' hmmmmmmm

Hefficide, I remember seeing that clip on a commercial for Tosh.0 on the Comedy Channel. Haven't actually watched the show yet but it looks like it could be pretty funny.

I haven't seen very much of Richard Pryor's stand-up stuff but that was hilarious Assoc.

I have to put this in. It's one of SNL's digital shorts called Great Day, made by the Lonely Island crew, featuring Andy Samberg. I think these guys are absolutely hilarious.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Ohhhh I lol'd at those NRE, especially the Snuggie parody. I ACTUALLY HAVE THE SAME THOUGHTS WHENEVER I SEE THE COMMERCIALS.

reply to post by hhcore

What the hell hhcore ha ha ha that is the queerest thing I've ever seen.

Here's another favourite. It's the Day Man scene from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - 'Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person'. I really wanted the clip where they're throwing fish in the street and Charlie was going off his nut in his high pitched voice, but I can't find it.... it's the funniest thing.

edit on 10/9/10 by pretty_vacant because: wrong Philly episode

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I LOVE the onion..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My favourite scene from one of my all-time favourite shows, Old Gregg from 'The Mighty Boosh'.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

an all time favorite of mine
gets funnier on repeated viewing of Eli's freestyle

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I just don't get why you're saying it that way..
Why I'm saying WHAT WHAT way!?
Forget it.
I WILL. I WILL forget it..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sad News

Not only is THIS sad news, but my donut bakery is in the HOLE. My ink factory is in the RED. But. my LARD processing plant is showing FAT PROFITS!
Oh, well.............

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The
Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated
pokes in the belly. He was 71. Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin.

Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth,
Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain
Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who
never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but
his later life was filled with turnovers. He was considered a very smart cookie,
but wasted much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky
at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model
for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play dough, three children: John Dough, Jane
Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his
elderly father, Pop tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the occasion and
take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone else who may be having
a crumby day and kneads a lift.

"Life is Fragile, Handle with Prayer"
"A good friend is someone who knows you're a good egg, even if you're a little cracked"
IN GOD WE TRUST

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

edit on 9/23/2010 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/23/2010 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
For some reason,

I can't help but think that somewhere, some guy is thinking that this is an ideal mate.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wingz

I have no idea what she said... yet I am inexplicably and inexorably compelled to nod, smile, and buy shiny things as gifts for this woman.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

I love that! Very clever.. it sounds like one of those chain emails people send around. Thanks for sharing

top topics

<<   2 >>

join