It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Pics that I need explanation on..."Aurora"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
(1) I know this one turned out to be a model......

(2) But this one......

I wonder, it looks fake but I never found the explanation and this seemed like the best place to ask.....

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
the first one reminds me a messed JSF variant, the second one looks like modified F-117 stealth bomber

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ahh I remember when that picture showed up on the A-10 site, people were going crazy. I was almost convinced myself.

Never seen the second picture. Where did you find that?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am not sure where i got it, it was supposedly taken at high altitude. I assumed it was fake and it probably is....Just wondering if anyone else knows its story?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The first pic looks kool to bad its fake but the second pic is a painting or a drawing its not a high altitude pics the aurora travels at mach 5-8 what aircraft would be its chase plane at those speeds? and try catching a photo of something going that fast.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
the second is a drawing of some new stealth thing that is being tested like a sub or ship but it has a USAF marking

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The first pic looks kool to bad its fake but the second pic is a painting or a drawing its not a high altitude pics the aurora travels at mach 5-8 what aircraft would be its chase plane at those speeds? and try catching a photo of something going that fast.

True, but it doesn't always have to be travelling that fast. I agree with you though that it is a painting.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The first image, appears to be one of the early "lift body" craft,that were first used in the 60's ,as an aerospace prototype,and the body types were considered as "shuttle" body configurations.The "lift body type" was revisited in considering configerations for the JSF PROJECTS,There was a program featuring the competition on the JSF CONTRACT BID,SHOWING LIFT BODY DESIGN.Cant remember the exact program ,but the "lift body craft" was one feature,of a program that was aired several times on PBS channels,featuring the history of flight. The second???? somebody's idea of a non-aerodYnamic paper weight??

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Actually, the second pic more closely resembles the lifting bodies.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phazer
The first image, appears to be one of the early "lift body" craft,that were first used in the 60's ,as an aerospace prototype,and the body types were considered as "shuttle" body configurations.The "lift body type" was revisited in considering configerations for the JSF PROJECTS,There was a program featuring the competition on the JSF CONTRACT BID,SHOWING LIFT BODY DESIGN.Cant remember the exact program ,but the "lift body craft" was one feature,of a program that was aired several times on PBS channels,featuring the history of flight. The second???? somebody's idea of a non-aerodYnamic paper weight??

The competition for the JSF was Boeings delta wing model. It looked very much like a lifting body, but wasnt. Essentially it was a one peice delta wing with a fuselage slung underneath, giving it a fat and ungainly appearance. It also never managed to go supersonic and land vertically in the same configuration, the Boeing team had to alter the physical parts of the plane depending on what test it was going to do.

If i remember correctly, for it to land vertically, they had to remove the inlet cowling and the wheel covers so it was light enough to carry out a safe landing. This was a pity because the Lockheed plane managed to do everything in the same configuration, and even managed to go further by managing a successful inflight refueling while the Boeing aircraft failed at that.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the second picture is at LEAST 2-3 years old.....Painting maybe a touched up picture?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How do you know if it is 2-3 years old when you said you have no info on the picture or where you got it?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Because I have had it that long, although I can not remember where I got it, but I think I got it in 2000.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The "Aurora" is supposedly a a hyper-sonic, stealth, high altitude spy plane. People believe that they know what the Aurora supposedly looks like, but it has never been actually proven that it actually exist. The rumor about it even exist among Air Force personnel. There has been UFO sightings that people believe were the Aurora, however the pictures are just views of the bottom of the supposed aircraft, and you can't really tell what the UFO really is.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I examined the second photograph that was posted on this forum with Photoshop, and it looks to me like it is a fake.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It could be. I dont know. I wonder where I got it becuase it was so long ago. Does anyone remember anything about it?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
that is the Dyna-Soar, an early 60's concept for a manned space plane for the Air force that was cancelled. looks to me like some one Photoshoped it so that it would look like a new classified program but alas it was only a cancelled paper plane.

www.mannedspaceflight.de...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
To be honest it kinda resembles the escape pod thing on the International Space Station.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
that is the Dyna-Soar, an early 60's concept for a manned space plane for the Air force that was cancelled. looks to me like some one Photoshoped it so that it would look like a new classified program but alas it was only a cancelled paper plane.

www.mannedspaceflight.de...

THe tail section is not right......I agree it is a fake but I wonder if there is any confirmation of this.

new topics

top topics

join