It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment stinks...Here are 3 ways to make cash today... lets all list some ideas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I only get about 10 cents a week off it, however it does make my blog look more professional though.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
me, i'm planning on moving to a "med" state so i can grow some money tree's, legally!
i'm tired of living in poverty.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
People, use your talents to your advantage. Check your local community college and look into teaching community education classes. These are classes that anyone can take. For example, I teach a build your own PC class and a few others. I know others who teach classes like how to plan a Disney vacation. Click here for ideas

I know teaching is not for everybody but some can make a OK living off it. I get paid $35 an hour per class.

FYI, you do not need a teaching cert to teach community ED classes

edit on 23-9-2010 by netobrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have a friend that fixes washers and dryers on the side and makes good money. Most people do not know how to replace a drive belt on their dryer when it breaks or when it starts slipping and many homeowners have a blocked vent hose because of a crimp in the dryer hose. Moisture and lint creates a clump blocking the vent hose preventing your dryer from exhausting the warm moist air therefore you have to run more than one drying cycle using much more electrical energy costing the homeowner more money. ^Y^

edit on 2-10-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

1. if you have a car, slap a taxi sign on that badboy and get to work.

2. mow lawns. this may sound funny but I bet as an adult you can rake in some pretty nice money.

3. take out student loans and hit up some extra schooling (yea i know this is debt but) if you choose your path carefully you might be in a better job situation when things turn around.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
How legal is the taxi thing?

One thing I've thought of doing is taking people to medical appointments where they're to have surgery. I've run into the problem myself where they'll require you to have someone drive you to the appointment, sit and wait on you, and drive you home. Some people literally have no one to take them to these appointments.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am a licensed herbalist and have made not bad money by making compositions of various herbs for consumers unhappy with the results of prescription drugs.
I have saved a few lives and made money doin it so why not be all you can be and have fun doin it.

the biggest topic in my formulations is weightloss and female monthly disorders which I have made most of my money from.

I am also a chef and offerring culinary arts to small gatherings has helped place my passion of cooking in the right places that gives repeat performances on who is the chef that made this fabulous entree.

Presently my boundary of success has been within my neighborhood, having the ability to produce enuff food for guest allows the host to attend to the party, not the menu. Which alot of people welcome

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
fml

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Sir I just gave you a star. You are probably a neo con but we can discuss that over a cold one (lol). Seriously Country people with attitude will survive.

Here is a another possibility. The fancy restaurants are going for free range and even organic . Perhaps a few freerange chickens grown on the side may be more profitable.

Just a thought

And Good Luck

Rgds

T

edit on 6-1-2011 by tiger5 because: add a bit

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
GASP!!!!! Update... I am the OP of this thread... dear Husband came home last night... LOST HIS JOB. management issues he was replaced with a 35 year old... for less money...(he is 56) We were barely making it on his one salary and my unemployment that just ended...(need to apply for an extention)

Soooooo....things went bad to worse.... I read somewhere on an astrology site that life cycles come in 29 year cycles...

I am 52.. What was I doing at age 23? Sales and Telemarketing. With 30 plus years of experience, I have decided to contact sales companies desperate for more customers... (that would be lots) and get paid "cash under the table" for setting appointments!!!!! My husband was a sales manager and has managed phone rooms as well.

Decided to stay away from Ebay and all Internet stuff.. There will be too much control and besides, only Ebay and Paypal were making the money.. What ever I sold, Ebay advertised the same products at much cheaper on the webpage I was paying $15 a month for!!!!! Not on my dime. I cancelled ALL. When the SHTF... Most people won't be thinking about "stuff" as it wont matter any more

My health has taken a serious turn for much the worse and I am facing certian disabilty....I can apply for SSI, as I would not see Social Security Benefits at 65 anyway....But you know Life IS GREAT! its what we do with what we are given... In life you have to play the hand you are delt.......Please wish me and my family well.. "cause country folks can survive!"

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What a great and timely thread. This sort of thing helps to get the creative thought process going.

I lost 80 pounds and kept it off back in 2009 using a homeopathic formula and was so impressed with the results and I got an account with the manufacturer and started selling to others. I don't make a living at it yet but it brings in about $200-500 extra a month so far. Reason I bring this up is if something actually lives up to its hype it is easy to get behind it. I have tried to sell all kinds of stuff my heart was not really into and it never worked.

Of course it started with people we knew asking us how the heck we lost the weight, results are hard to argue with and we told them and I though hey I can help them do a good healthy thing make some money too. So it started there and they told friends and family and I now have a website that sells to people all over the country...

I also lost my job in February 2009 and we have struggled so I also do handyman work, yard clean ups, painting, and masonry work. I am trying to start a masonry heater business as it is environmentally sound and much cheaper to heat your home but initial cost is a big hurdle for folks right now.

I was thinking about doing Jewellery as I am also a silver smith and can cut and polish cabochon stones too but haven't done it in years. I thought it might not be viable since folks are tightening the belt right not however after reading this thread I think I might give it a shot.

Thanks for this thread it ought to be stickied IMO considering the times. Sorry to hear of your troubles I know exactly how you feel. Keep your head up and don't let it get to you stay focused and postive mostly and you will have what you need.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here's a few I've done and/or heard of to make extra cash;

-Hair design schools; In Seattle, there is/was a salon where they pay you to cut your hair for students to practice hair design. I figure other salon schools in cities offer this too. Con; due to hair growth they may not need you very often

-Secret shoppers; inspect a store/ shop by buying an item for example and you will be paid a certain amount of money-$10 to 15.00 on average per store and reimbursed on purchases. Set your own schedules when they are e-mailed to you, of different locations and different assignments. Con; the main con is beware of companies that will con you. Don't apply to ones that ask you to buy a listing, or offer a sign on bonus($500.00 free today!) that seems sketchy because it is. Also, some don't reimburse you for gas millage, that might limit jobs, unless you take a trip that has many assignments.

-Website/blogs; Google and other companies will pay you to have ads on your website/blog. Even hosting a site to sell items(as an alt or addition to an Ebay account) . Registering a .com, costs yearly and is usually cheap. Limited services and bites website hosts are free as are blogs. Cons; Maleware scares that can be passed from certain ads, you don't want those on your site or near your customers! Also, having the right website that people will visit(entertainment news, music, etc). You can find a pre designed layout choice for a site if unfamiliar or don't care to have your own site design. If you're new to graphic design/programming, you can always take a cheap course-depending on what you can afford-(learn Photoshop for ex., or another design program-photoshop is expensive) or taken an online course.

Other;
As a Vet Tech I offer to cut pets nails, bathe them., give shots(vaccines-non rabies), etc., for family and friends. This as an example for if you have a trade skill as such offer it for tips.

Mentioned in Other Posts;
-Garage sale items; don't have time for a garage sale? List the items on Ebay, CL, Newspaper,etc.,.
Cons; make take some time to sell.

-Produce and sell item/s on Ebay, CL, etc.. Cons; have to come up with something useful in today's market/something that will sell.

-Handyman/woman;post ads around have people call for your service(lawn, painting, car repair cleaning, etc.)
cons; seems like this one is pretty favored, so you have competition with others for work.

-Plasma bank donation; $80.00 in some banks for new members signing in for the first two donations, and it helps people in need! An average of $60.00 a week helps most anyone these days. The con is; they can be picky about medical conditions, tattoos and piercings.

-Recycling pays; Collect cans, metals, other.
Cons; you need a lot to collect decent money.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join