Unemployment stinks...Here are 3 ways to make cash today... lets all list some ideas

page: 7
57
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
I quit my "real" job and work online.

There's plenty of ways to make money online, just don't ever pay anyone or any company to show you how.

No ones going to show you how to take money out of their pocket, and if they are charging in the first place, that means their main income is off of "training" not making money online.



Makes sense... what things do you do online without paying money to join? adsense? All ideas appreciated... I need to work from home, my residence is in a rural area and my health will not allow for heavy lifting like scrap metal or mowing lawns... There are so many scams to make money.. I nned to know what is REALLY working.... looking forward to your post.




posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
Ebay used to be fantastic. Then, the options to pay by anything but PAyPal
were instilled. To add insult to injury, the cost of pix,listings,descriptions,
final sale closer costs skyrocketed. For hoots and giggles, I checked out
Ebay the other day, and EVERYTHING was "Buy it Now". What happened to to the whole CONCEPT? Maybe the big shots at Ebay will admit the error of their corporate black hole and revert to the positive power they once created.
I mean really, to turn ebay into "WallBay" completely defeats the whole idea.
Heck, I could just post an ad on Craigslist for free.

If any ATS members know of ANOTHER auction site that I should explore,
please let me know.

Great information to know... Everything has changed... bet Ebay did this for GREED... charge for everything... What things so sell well? is there a place to learn from Ebay pros without hving to pay an arm and a leg just for some friendly tips? Also... is Craigs list better than ebay simply becase of all of the fees?

I need to sell on line... I live in a rural area and do not have strength physically for any other kind lf labor...(on my feet, hauling stuff etc...)

Looking forward to all online ideas to make money...Lets help EACH OTHER
the govt wont help us!
I am a 100% positive feedback Ebay Member and am greatly saddened
by the unimaginative corporate ruin of what was once one of The Greatest
Websites of ALL time . The level of trust that I had developed with complete
strangers ALL OVER THE WORLD was truly a magnificent experience.
Maybe we should create our own ATS Bay. How cool would that be?



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
Ebay used to be fantastic. Then, the options to pay by anything but PAyPal
were instilled. To add insult to injury, the cost of pix,listings,descriptions,
final sale closer costs skyrocketed. For hoots and giggles, I checked out
Ebay the other day, and EVERYTHING was "Buy it Now". What happened to to the whole CONCEPT? Maybe the big shots at Ebay will admit the error of their corporate black hole and revert to the positive power they once created.
I mean really, to turn ebay into "WallBay" completely defeats the whole idea.
Heck, I could just post an ad on Craigslist for free.

If any ATS members know of ANOTHER auction site that I should explore,
please let me know.

Great information to know... Everything has changed... bet Ebay did this for GREED... charge for everything... What things so sell well? is there a place to learn from Ebay pros without hving to pay an arm and a leg just for some friendly tips? Also... is Craigs list better than ebay simply becase of all of the fees?

I need to sell on line... I live in a rural area and do not have strength physically for any other kind lf labor...(on my feet, hauling stuff etc...)

Looking forward to all online ideas to make money...Lets help EACH OTHER
the govt wont help us!
I am a 100% positive feedback Ebay Member and am greatly saddened
by the unimaginative corporate ruin of what was once one of The Greatest
Websites of ALL time . The level of trust that I had developed with complete
strangers ALL OVER THE WORLD was truly a magnificent experience.
Maybe we should create our own ATS Bay. How cool would that be?


OK this looks like a double post (excuse please) but what DOES work on Ebay, Craigs List and Amazon... Is there any sense in doing any work here? I really WANT to give this a try... I am near a lot of collectibles and antiquies where I live.... So who has made money as a reseller on Ebay, Amazon and Craiges list?

All I can sell (actually very fast on Craigs list) is chickens and eggs.... Who else has ideas?



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch
 


I have become fairly disenfranchised with selling anything via the internet lately also. Too many people assume that anything they buy from an auction site will be ridiculously cheap. Then most auction sites "fee" the seller to death. Craigslist being the exception. However it is harder to find what you want IMO on craigslist. I used Ebay extensively in the past, and always trusted the market to set a fair price, and that was usually the case. Now you can't sell anything without a reserve unless you want to just donate things to strangers, and pay a fee to do so.

Do you have any friends that live in a more urban area? My suggestion would be to network, and make contacts with people who can help you market. Of course they will want a cut, and it needs to be fair, but half of a lot is more than all of nothing. Know your product, and know your market by doing your homework, and don't feed vultures. There is a difference between a bargain hunter, and a vulture. A bargain hunter utilizes patience, and timing to get the best price for an item. A vulture uses intimidation, and manipulation to try and get it for nearly free right now. Don't ever feed vultures. In fact charge them double!!



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
You may not make cash today, but you can gain a steady job and they are always hiring. The US military.



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
have not read the whole thread yet so not sure if this has been covered,

Cart boot sales! People do not always know what they have, Get your self clued up on some antiques and old toys and look for collector items, Sift through books! there are many that are worth alot of money and people sell them for next to nothing not knowing the cost of such an item,


Also Charity shops! Look for anything designer! in good condition... some things can sell for a bomb on Ebay!

I picked up a pair of jeans for £1 but as there where named i was able to sell them on Ebay for £15,

Also designer baby items! moms dont have a lot of money but still want there little ones to look all up to date so they sell like hotcakes,


Upcoming idea:

Christmas stockings filled for children,

[edit on 7-9-2010 by asala]



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have a friend that goes to colleges and Universities and buys students

used books and resells them and makes good money. Why buy new

when you can save money buying perfectly good used students books

at a discount. When Mom or Dad pays your tuition or you work your way

through college every penny counts. ^Y^



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This thread was an inspiration for me to try and experiment with one of the suggestions.

Before I left the house this morning to drive to my studio, I made a sign that said "Hauling" and my phone # and taped it to the back door of my van.

When I got back home, there were 3 calls on my answering machine asking for my rates.

I gave the info to a jobless friend that needs the work and has a pickup.

S&F bluestar.ranch



[edit on 7-9-2010 by whaaa]



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
have not read the whole thread yet so not sure if this has been covered,

Cart boot sales!

[edit on 7-9-2010 by asala]


What a Cart boot sale might look like





Sorry I couldn't resist..

Please don't ban me Super Mod



posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I might have missed it. But besides putting ads up in the stores, what are some other ways to advertise the shopping service?

Also, how much should you charge someone to shop for them? Is it a percentage of the cost of the groceries with a minimum?

Thanks!



posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I might have missed it. But besides putting ads up in the stores, what are some other ways to advertise the shopping service?

Also, how much should you charge someone to shop for them? Is it a percentage of the cost of the groceries with a minimum?

Thanks!


Advertising..craigslist, notices at retirement homes, apts, newspapers, senior centers, VFW, American Legion, etc.
hospitals, be creative.

Always charge by the hour and take into consideration your gas, wear and tear, insurance, $12.50hr is a fair price. Perhaps more if in an affluent area.
Extra for hard labor like cleaning, yard work and skilled work like painting, carpentry..because you will get asked.

Be sure and get a business license from the city, Tax # from the state and to be careful that you don't get sued
get an LLC to protect your personal assets. Treat this business like a business. Good Luck

edit on 8-9-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Today I saw a guy with several gallons of bleach spraying down metal decorative fences because they were covered with mold. I do not know if he was using straight bleach or a diluted mixture with water to spray on the fence. He left the solution set on the fence and then rinsed the solution off with water now the white metal fences look new again. The worker charged the association and here in Florida and other Gulf states mold is a big problem. If you are a problem solver you can make money and you are willing to do what others are not willing to do. ^Y^



posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners
 


haha you beat me to it! I bet they did used to have cart boot sales though



posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I might have missed it. But besides putting ads up in the stores, what are some other ways to advertise the shopping service?

Also, how much should you charge someone to shop for them? Is it a percentage of the cost of the groceries with a minimum?

Thanks!


One simple way to advertise is to use your existing vehicle with either a screen printed sign or magnetic sign. You will be surprised how many calls you will receive from your car signs with your ph # and website. Need groceries will deliver. Need groceries will Travel. We deliver groceries to your home. Ph#



posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I might have missed it. But besides putting ads up in the stores, what are some other ways to advertise the shopping service?

Also, how much should you charge someone to shop for them? Is it a percentage of the cost of the groceries with a minimum?

Thanks!


Well, you wouldn't want to do a percentage of the groceries.

Could advertise via cheapcycle locally. Rules vary. Some cheapcycles only allow SBA once/month while others don't really have restrictions.

vista.com I think it is has where you can get your first batch of business cards for free. Or maybe it's vistaprint.com?? Something like that...



posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I still believe Food will be the Currency of the Future especially food that has a long lasting shelf life. I look for companies to buy up massive amount of food using contracts to keep the supply coming. I do realize that companies contract their food supply in advance to process and make their food products. I believe when these large companies buy up more and more of the food supply prices will skyrocket and even more so as the value of the dollar plummits. ^Y^



posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch

Originally posted by Jeanius
I quit my "real" job and work online.

There's plenty of ways to make money online, just don't ever pay anyone or any company to show you how.

No ones going to show you how to take money out of their pocket, and if they are charging in the first place, that means their main income is off of "training" not making money online.



Makes sense... what things do you do online without paying money to join? adsense? All ideas appreciated... I need to work from home, my residence is in a rural area and my health will not allow for heavy lifting like scrap metal or mowing lawns... There are so many scams to make money.. I nned to know what is REALLY working.... looking forward to your post.


A good place to learn how to make money online is www.warriorforum.com.... There's lots of free advice there and lots of internet marketing ideas. The ebook in my signature is a result of someone pointing me to the warrior forum several years ago.

I used to sell crystals and gemstones on ebay and built up a great rapport with many repeat customers. Many of them would email and ask me more questions about what they'd bought and it became quite time consuming replying to everyone individually. I wrote an ebook and sent a link to download it to everyone that won/bought from me. I didn't charge for the ebook because I didn't know much about internet marketing then.

One of my customers told me about internet marketing and suggested I add affiliate links to the ebook and sell it on ebay so I researched affiliate marketing like mad - you don't need to pay anyone for that information because it is freely available on the net and especially in the warrior forum. I added some links and started selling the ebook on ebay until they banned everyone from selling them!

Now I've gone back to giving the ebook away to everyone that wants it and let them give it away to whoever they want to because it contains affiliate links and I earn a commission if anyone clicks the link and buys something. No pressure selling required - if people are interested in the subject and only want to read the ebook then that's fine but if they want to buy something related and I provided the link then I'm obviously happy to earn the commission.

Everyone has a subject they're knowledgeable about so everyone can write at least one ebook and recommend some online sites to earn a commission. Some people make a full time income doing it but I didn't start out wanting to earn money from mine - I just wanted a simple way to give my ebay customers more information without taking up too much time. My own ebook probably needs updating again and I definitely need to check for dead links so posting in this thread has pushed me on to making that a priority. People are still downloading and sharing my ebook, a few years later, so I still get commissions even though I haven't actively done anything with it for a couple of years!

You can get a free website, to upload the ebook, so people can easily download it (I use freewebs.com - no html knowledge required). After you've written one you might want to write more about different topics and if you really get the bug for it you could seriously get into the internet marketing stuff. Just don't be scammed into paying money to someone that promises you'll be a millionaire next year.

You can download free ebooks about affiliate marketing and how to create your own ebooks from jugglingmumebooks.webs.com...

Hope that info is useful to someone. I'll be happy to answer U2Us as and when I have time because I'm all for sharing information and helping others for free. Someone gave me the information for free and helped me get started and I like to pay it forwards.



posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Almost everything requires a business liscence, however, these are ideas I've played with before:

Tutor high school students and college students in the basics of chemistry and algebra.

Purchase Quixtar Energy Drinks and then employ bums to sell them $3 (or 2 for $5) on street corners for 1/2 profit (it's better than them begging for money, plus people reap the benefits of Vitamin B-12), or sell at sporting events as people are walking into the stadium.

Print up cool drawings/logos on T-shirts (perhaps with your blog name), and then sell them cheap at a place where people hang out (bars, marketplaces, etc).

Google Adsense on your blog.

Publish a book that you are an expert on and sell online.

There is a lot I'm looking at on the Scott Fox Blog too.

I recommend the following Good Business Audiobooks

edit on 22-9-2010 by quantum_flux because: provide further info



posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux
 


I'm not sure about Adsense but I know its HARD to make money out of pay per click advertising on the net. I've run sites before that got 5000-10000 unique visitors a day and the ads drew in more or less nothing.

edit on 22-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My idea takes a time investment, but I'm gonna try it. Buy fruit trees from arbor day foundation $10-12 per tree. Shovel some dirt in potato sacks and plant trees, fertilize with root starter, dig in halfway for winter and make sure to keep watered. When they come to life next spring I am gonna take them to the annual garden market in May and sell for $25 each. Still $10-15 cheaper than box stores (who always sell out in a few days)...if they don't sell for some reason I will bring them home and start an orchard and in a couple years sell the fruit at farmer's market.





top topics
 
57
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join