It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment stinks...Here are 3 ways to make cash today... lets all list some ideas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Unemployment stinks...Here are 3 ways to make cash today or real fast... lets all list some ideas..here are my ideas to make $$$ what are yours. (keep it clean folks!) LOL

I am on the unemployment train with a lot of other folks... here are some of my obversations. This is how I am making more money in addition to the benefits.

(these may not work for everyone... but we can all look around our area to see what we can do in our own situation.. this varies from person to person)

1) Make tamales or get someone to make them for you... find a store or busy street corner/flea market or bazzar/church... make sure you have permission first.. plug in your steamer/crockpot ans start selling tamales!

One bag of masa and tamale fixin's cost about $10 makes about 200 tamales. (each recipe is different this is an estimate) Charge $8 a dozen (this is our going retail price) thats about $136 income for a $10 investment. this makes about 200 tamales or close to 17 dozen.. try it!

2) Go to Ebay... start an account.. look around your garage, ask friends for unwanted tiems or go to resell shops... post photos of things that you can sell... free stuff from yourself or friends are mostly profit as the buyer pays shipping most cases. Get acct set up with paypal and get ready to make money if your stuff sells.

3) Sell chickens/ and deliver fresh farm eggs. ( I run a chicken farm) I also swap eggs for stuff... local honey, fruits and veg.. you can use eggs like money... they are BETTER than money! Usually I get more than if I just paid cash.
I get free movies , toys, furniture....and my garage is FULL of so much stuff

(I am reminded of a song.... "country folks will survive....." who sang that? )

OK yall (I am from Texas) start listing YOUR ideas to make money? Lets see what we can all do. THIS IS AMERICA !!!! I am pulling myself up by my bootstraps... YOU can too.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Nice ideas and easy to do so. Here are my suggestions:

I for myself am selfemployed musican and for sure there is not much money to make from cds and songs these days, tho.
I started to make a live concept. I tour from city to city with all those small gigs for 100 - 500 € (live in germany).
I do alot of workshops too. From kids to seniors, raptraining, beat producing and recording. Also i give workshops in different spiritual issues, meditation, chakras, aura seeing, and so on...
I am about to make some books ready and sell them on demand and as ebooks. When ready i also will give workshops on conspiracy issues.
Then i make alot of artworks, natural jewelery and exotic instruments i sell on local markets and soon maybe on ebay.

Tho, mostly i make money out of nothing more than words, sound and (free) natural ressources.

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I knew a guy who made a lot of extra money by shopping for the elderly. He put a note in every super market with his service, name and number.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Growing Mushrooms (Edible kinds, fungi.com)
Making stuff with wax (Candles, wicks, other things)
Go Hunting and sell your extra good meat

GO AMERICA!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Those are some good ideas. I especially like the ebay. I've been wanting to do a big cleaning/decluttering so why not make some money doing it. The song you asked about, was Hank Williams Jr.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Wholesale florists dump all big piles of fair-to-good quality flowers on Friday afternoons, then the staff is usually going to go home, no swing shift most places...fish the flowers out of the dumpster (best bet is roses wrapped up in plastic by the dozen, but whatever looks crisp can be made to work)...then take the flowers to a bar, give a dozen roses to the door guy or bartender if they get on you...you can sell surprising amounts of flowers (I would go cheap 4 or 5 bucks per a dozen roses, but if you got a pretty girl to sell them for you, she can get more $$$) to men who are drinking in the bar, spending paychecks Friday on the way home, they feel guilty as they get drunker and they'll buy the flowers to make it up to the old lady when they get home later and later...When you sell flowers, you will be surprised how many people actually like them, I sure was...

This is not some made-up story...this is a real thing I have actually done at length, yes yes...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
One great way to earn money during tyrannical times is to work for cash. Instead of giving the government 25-50% of your earnings is to work under the table. I am not pushing for anyone to do anything illegal.

But when you earn 25-50% more, by not giving the government a cut for their mafiaesque protection racket, one tends to make more money, almost like basic mathematics.

Bartering services. Need some work done on the house and the handyman could use a service you provide, ask if they would be up for a swap?

You know one of the parts of the so called Health Care bill was about 1099 forms for everyone right? Yeah, the health care has a lot to do with more control of our economic freedoms. Yep, makes lots and lots of sense to me.

Anyway, cash, bartering, black markets, farm markets, etc, that is where the savings and the economy is heading.

Of course we will have one of the monkeys trying to beat us up for going for the banana, but ignore the monkeys, for that is what they are, just a bunch of trained, slavery monkeys.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Of course we will have one of the monkeys trying to beat us up for going for the banana, but ignore the monkeys, for that is what they are, just a bunch of trained, slavery monkeys.

I wonder if you wouldn't mind enlightening me as to who exactly the "monkeys" are?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I had been looking at the growing multimillion survival food industry to earn

additional income. By chance I had two Naturopathic Doctor friends,

husband and wife let me know about a company that was just starting

up out of Utah. They have been good friends with the owner and said

the owner would send out 3 free samples to anyone who would try his tasty gourmet

survival food for a $5.95 shipping charge and that I could get free

gourmet survival food credits for more free food by sharing with

others to do the same until 10/20/10.

I said, that is fine but I want to sell the gourmet survival food retail for profit

and they told me that the potential customers that you introduced to

the company you could make money off their reorders thru a

marketing structure after maintaining your own monthly qualifying

order. I asked, can I retail the product to others that do

not want to participate in the marketing of the gourmet survival food.

They told me of course many individuals will want to stock up on the

gourmet great tasting survival food for their families. They called it the

new currency- food- with a 15 year shelf life. It made sense to me because my family needs a

back up plan if the grocery store shelves were emptied due to an

emergency situation or global melt down. ^Y^

www.bestyet.mysundanceglobal.com...

[edit on 5-9-2010 by amari]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

The ebay thing can be good. I know a couple of people that make their entire living from going around charity shops buying vintage clothes and then selling them to hipsters on ebay for huge sums of money.

It's harder here in London because a LOT of people do this and a lot of people know how much vintage designer clothes and things are worth but In Texas I doubt you would have the same problem.

A pair of Levi 501 in good condition from the 60's can be worth up to £1500 pounds over here, and you can find them for a few pounds if you know what you are looking for, if you can find a pair from the 40's then you can get some serious money.
You just have to spend time reading about vintage clothes and knowing how to spot them

[edit on 5-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
As a former ebay seller, I just want to give a heads up on this.
One, it is a lot of work. A LOT OF WORK.

And you have to do your reseaerch, and figure out the magical formula for what sells best at what time so you don't go into the hole.

Telling someone to just sell things on ebay is like telling someone to start plumbing. Believe it or not, ebay is a skill.

And I don't have many good things to say about ebay, as they have gone completely corporaate and are not longer amicable to the home seller, and are perfectly happy to only cater to stores who use the buy it now feature. That people don't realize is just shopping online.

To post grandma's lamp on ebay, you need to pay to list, pay for every feature of the ad, pay a bid fee when the item is won, which is a percentage, and then you have to buy packing materials and pay shipping. And if the lamp sells for 4 bucks and you now have given 3 to ebay, ummmm.

And that is only the first year, because any year after that you now pay a membership fee. 40 bucks. That is a lot of small items to sell to cover just that.

Ebay is now just another amazon,where stores can list their items to be sold.

If you want to sell something, go Craigslist.

Yes, it is now half owned by ebay. They have promised to never start charging.
Then why pay for half a free site? we will see.....

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
At first, I was just going to mention selling plasma and participate in medical research for extra money.

My wife and I go to estate sales. It's like a hobby for her to go and buy dead people's stuff, cheap. I have noticed in the last 2 years younger people talking on phones about particular items and checking them for value as opposed to cost. I've seen people, with their own loupes, examining jewelry and paintings.

I know some of the stuff ends up on ebay or antique/jewelry shops in the area. There is a market with a certain amount of demand. A guy just needs to find his target audience.

My wife even bought stuff with the intent of selling items on ebay. 2 closets full of crap later, the jury is still out.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
And a penny saved is a penny earned. You can try to earn money, or try to save money.

Start clipping coupons and watch store ads, you may have to change your menu, but it is worth it.
My personal best is 85$ saved in one trip. It set off the computer and had to get a manager to stop it.

but on average, lets say you save 25 a week. That is 100 dollars a month, that is 1200 a year.

Save energy. Do you really need the heat or AC on? At what temp can you get away with?
Insulate the hot water heater.
Drop the temp to 110 F. Anything over that is unsafe for children anyways.
Clothesline dry your clothes. Many states are passing laws now that HOA can't ban this.
Run the dishwasher at night, skip the dry cycle, open it up and let it air dry over night.
Put your pets on a real food diet, buy scrap or reduced rabbit, chicken,venison or beef from local butchers, breeders, etc.
Your pets will look and feel better and it is cheaper.

Get things you need on freecycle.org.

Pick up all the loose change you see. If you pick up all the loose change you see, you can earn over 400 in two years on average.

Shop at thrift stores. Skip Goodwill and Salvation Army, they send the good stuff overseas. Find a local private thrift store, people get rid of perfectly good or new brand name items,that are still in style.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
At first, I was just going to mention selling plasma and participate in medical research for extra money.

My wife and I go to estate sales. It's like a hobby for her to go and buy dead people's stuff, cheap. I have noticed in the last 2 years younger people talking on phones about particular items and checking them for value as opposed to cost. I've seen people, with their own loupes, examining jewelry and paintings.

I know some of the stuff ends up on ebay or antique/jewelry shops in the area. There is a market with a certain amount of demand. A guy just needs to find his target audience.

My wife even bought stuff with the intent of selling items on ebay. 2 closets full of crap later, the jury is still out.

Ebay is a skill... no one should have to show unsellable items...and do your research too. Know what sells before you make any purchases.

The old rule is "buy low and sell high" Free or real cheap items with resell value will make a profit....as will undervalued "treasures" at flea markets.. plain old junk will cost you $$$$

My goal for this posting is to get MORE ideas not just talk about Ebay... What other good ideas are there... I like most of these other ideas already!

Who out there is making cash and what do you do? (real work and keep this clean folks!)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I have been a member of ebay for a long time.I wanted
to make and sell silk floral arrangements there.I noticed
that a LOT of floral shops started doing the same thing.I
have a business license,but mine is for a home-based business.
I have seen a lot of home based florals go down the tubes
because they couldn't compete with the floral shops...
1.wholesale supplies,I have access to wholesalers',the floral
shops have better contacts.
2.Manpower,I work alone and it can take me two weeks to make
the florals for the average wedding.
3.Shipping, finding the right boxes and supplies for shipping florals.
The arrangements are light weight, but bulky and easily crushed.
4.This day and age,a lot of people don't have the money to spend
on florals and weddings.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My favorites that I have tried. Buskin....playing music on the street can result in some serious money if you are any good.

Standardized patient for med/nursing schools. Paid training included

Free lance window washing/painting/yardwork/etc

House sitting/pet babysitting/dog walking

Movie extra/background/driver/production assistant

Check craigslist for daywork, gigs, etc. two or three times a day.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I make extra money on the weekends by going around and collecting metals, not just aluminum cans, Heavy stuff from shops and old farm equipment. If you have access to a torch you can even cut the metal down in short 18" sections in which you can get a even larger amount for, like over 200 a ton.

One weekend for 2 hours of work i made 450 bucks bringing in 2 truck loads of aluminum. but most of the time i make an extra 50.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I love this thread, thanks so much

I live in a country where I cannot work legally (I'm not a resident or citizen) so I'm looking for exactly these kind of tips.

The cooking and selling is a very good tip. Health food shops sometimes welcome home baked goods. For example, make some flapjack, add loads of seeds and nuts and you have something you can sell to a health shop but is very cheap to make.

I agree with the tips above about ebay, you can make a lot of money but you can actually lose a lot of money as well if you don't know what you're doing. Use 2nd class post (uk people), it is just as fast as 1st class and just as reliable. I sold thousands of items and never had a problem with 2nd class.

Amazon. Again you can lose money if you don't know what you're doing but it's a lot easier than ebay. Go to your local 'pound shop' and get jiffy bags very cheap. My local one sold 8 for a pound. Combine this with 2nd class post and you can make money even if you sell a cd for a penny (you get a fixed postage paid which is more than postage costs if you follow the above tips). Plus, do you need all those CDs? rip them to MP3 and sell them, I made a LOT of money doing this, it soon adds up. One CD (a double) sold for twenty pounds.

The country I am living in now is amazing at finding ways to make money. I've heard all sorts of things such as finding lost dogs and getting a reward for it.

You can speak English? Teach it or at least offer pronunciation/accent classes to people. In western countries there are lots of immigrants who want to improve their spoken skills. Even if you cannot teach the grammar there are a lot of people who just want to improve their accent. Asian people are great for this since they a particular difficulty with certain English sounds.

Same goes for any skill you have. Good at photoshop? Play guitar? Cook a particular cuisine? Put some ads up in supermarkets or free classifieds websites and you would be surprised how many people will pay for particular skillsets.

Foraging for berries, vegetables, mushrooms etc that grow locally could be profitable. You could try to get involved in local markets or sell to market sellers.

I made some money from being involved in a website that wanted to promote itself on facebook. They had thousands of friends and loads of messages and event invites. I had to decline/accept these and add links to their page. I got about $40 per month for doing this, only took 15mins per day.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Optix

You are so right on, years ago a friend and I would go around oil well

sights in Okla. and asked if we could clean up the scrap metal and old

fittings and valves laying around on the ground. Most owners that

allowed us to clean up around the site were glad to get rid of this

scrap laying around on the ground covered up in many cases with

weeds. We had a torch and off we went and cashing in on the week

ends at the salvage yard. Can you say old unuseable brass fittings

and old oil well bits. ^Y^

[edit on 5-9-2010 by amari]