It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryanair: Abolish Co-Pilots To Save Cash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince Of Darkness
The whole article it is hilariously disturbing.

Well I already knew that I would never choose to fly Ryan air any way for loads of reasons, that company is a disaster waiting to happen with the ruthless cuts.... I mean that's got to be a leading cause of air disaster right?? really lax, pushed and underfunded maintenance and crews? and now this!

Luckily they don't fly around here!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Truly an assanine idea!
Things are just going to get worse!
How many times have we heard of a pilot becomming incapasated during flight!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They used to have these guys called flight engineers who would sit behind the co-pilot and monitor the aircraft systems,fuel and engine management ,basically a handyman.These guys were ditched and made redundant by computers.Take out the co-pilot and the whole idea of working out problems goes to the pilot who is trying to make a mayday call whilst reading the two engine out checklist and line up for a landing at the same time as he's looking at the flight attendants legs.Good luck with that.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is O´leary at his best!!

He does this for publicity. European regulations will never allow this.

I have dated a few Ryanair stewardesses and it certainly wasnt for their intelligence and flying skills. They were lucky to even know where the door was!!

Its a similiar story where he wants to charge people to use the toilet on the plane. Its free to go in but you have to pay to get out!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is a crackin idea ! After all, what do 'co pilots' do ? All they have to do is tick a few boxes on a notepad and say check a few times before they set off ! Then its sit back and enjoy the ride ! I'm sure someone would pay good money for that seat he's sitting in !

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
O'leary is known for making completely retarded comments. They're not really serious, and honestly I find them hilarious. Besides, I don't see an airliner on the drawing board that has one pilot, and for good reason. It probably wouldn't work, it wouldn't be safe, and it would be unacceptable to regulators (e.g. FAA). It's not a loop-hole, it's simply a retarded comment made for publicity that in reality is not going to happen.

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by Prince Of Darkness
The whole article it is hilariously disturbing.

Well I already knew that I would never choose to fly Ryan air any way for loads of reasons, that company is a disaster waiting to happen with the ruthless cuts.... I mean that's got to be a leading cause of air disaster right?? really lax, pushed and underfunded maintenance and crews? and now this!

Luckily they don't fly around here!

It was a comment aimed to obtaining for free publicity. It doesn't reflect on the actual safety of the airline. I haven't heard of any actual issues with the safety of Ryanair.

his is a crackin idea ! After all, what do 'co pilots' do ? All they have to do is tick a few boxes on a notepad and say check a few times before they set off ! Then its sit back and enjoy the ride ! I'm sure someone would pay good money for that seat he's sitting in !

No, you're dead wrong. The co-pilot has significant responsibility. Read the page on wikipedia.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Oh dear seems my sarcastic wit confuses
people !

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by C0bzz

Oh dear seems my sarcastic wit confuses
people !

Sometimes it's hard to tell, especially on this website when half the stupid comments are actually serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join