It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archbishop says UK taxpayer should help fund Pope visit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

HELL yeah,That letter is disturbing IMO....I didn't pay my taxes for this visit,yet my taxes will be spent on it.

You folks in London have whole roads off limits because of this persons visit.
So now we know what the tax is spent on-shutting off roads is part of it at least.

It sort of makes a mockery of the point of the visit when you have to shut down roads to keep the pope safe IMO.

Remind me not to bother watching the news the next few days...its gona be pope pope pope ...aargggh no thanks,im of to listen to nature in the woods.

Much better IMO.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I think less of London and Scotland will be inconvenienced by the Pope's visit than was the case the last time the US Presiddent touched down, or the Chinese Premier visited. The UK tax payer trumped up the cost for both and all other visits, including President Zuma of the South Africa who may have been the last one to be entertained at tax payers expense.

State visits cost. It's a fact of life.

Regards

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

But the Pope is not really a Head of State is he? Someone please explain to me how the Pope is a bona fide head of state?

edit on 16/9/2010 by DSSONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

Neither is the Dalai Lama yet we paiid for the security on his visit.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yes, ridiculous in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If you are granted freedom from religion, you shouldn't have to pay. I live in the UK, and sure as hell don't want to support his visit. This isn't a regular political visit by a head of state, it's nothing but a PR tour!! What's next? Should we pay Coca Cola execs too when they visit the UK?

Of course the arch bischop supports his visit, it's a good thing for HIM. Numbers of religious believers have gone down for years over here, and that's a good thing!

The difference between the Dalai Lama and the pope is that the DL doesn't tell people how to live their lives, and he doesn't rant about atheists like the pople just did. If he wants us atheists to pay for his visit, he shouldn't act like a complete moron.

edit on 16-9-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join