It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archbishop says UK taxpayer should help fund Pope visit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why is he coming to the UK anyway? Its full of Muslims now!!!

rgds

Git

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit

Why is he coming to the UK anyway? Its full of Muslims now!!!

rgds

Git

Haha. That was a funny joke!

Ooh wait, you're being serious? Daily Mail reader by any chance? Or The Sun?

Have a nice life hating Muslims!

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Cor Your quick to judge are you not?? I just merely pointed out the fact that the UK has quite a high muslim count !

No need for your quip really was there? And no i do not subscribe to those "rags" Spose you read the Beano?

Do not assume i am a racist and if i were, there is no need to cast aspertions

Edited to not be as judgemental as the antagonistic post preveious.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by completenuttergit]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
OK if the Pope is such a moral, Christian upright individual, why doesnt he say ...

"Give the twelve million pounds to the real needy - like kids with cancer, victims of child abuse etc, And I will stay in the Vatican."

I would have some respect for him then if he said that, and just did a podcast - what would that cost, 50 quid?

If people havent got internet, they could put on a big tv screen in the church - they can afford it alright.

I am all for religious freedom, but 12 big ones??? no no no no.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

"Give the twelve million pounds to the real needy - like kids with cancer, victims of child abuse etc, And I will stay in the Vatican."

No thank you very much, I would like to decide for myself where I spend my money not have some fish garbed pedo steal it then give it to someone else.

if the pope wants to cure cancer he needs only have a chat to the indolent imaginary godman in the sky, who apparently deals with suffering on an individual basis.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The UK's Major religion is actually Church of England which broke away from the Catholic church under the rule of Henry VIII as he wanted lots of wives and be head of the faith as well . C of E is as Catholisism is, a Christian faith and the UK IS a Christian country! Listen to the first word in OUR national Anthem!!! Not Allah not Shiva , GOD!

I am not bothered by religion , Infact i do not like religions. I am not Racist as we are all human beings be we red white black or whatever, But the bottom line is that the overwhelming religion in the UK IS Christianity with all its failings and with that comes the price of having the leader of the catholic church come for tea!

I do not agree with the taxpayer footing the bill for this as we have not been asked (think they knew what the reply would of been anyway) Do we pay for the visits of other leaders in the world??

Yes let him come , let his followers see him . I for one am not at all enthused by his visit but the people that are should be allowed their chance to be near him... Why should we protest to that, Let him speak to his followers and if your not one , DONT listen!!

Still think he should pay but whining and whinging about it is pointless and wont stop him coming over!

Let his followers enjoy and the rest of us just get on with being US. Just hope they appreciate it.

regards

Git

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I find it hilarious and to be perfectly honest quite hypocritical that some of the biggest supporters and apologists for Muslims can show such a blatant and utter lack of respect for the head of probably the largest Christian denomination.

Imagine their outrage if others had spoke about an important Imam in the same manner.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I thought the Vatican State was one of the Richest States in the World! if thats true why cant they pay for the trip themselves?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Why are you posting angry diatribes about Christianity, yet are quick to snap at the poster who makes a comment about Muslims?

The Pope is a head of state and major religious figure. Are visiting heads of states' trips usually funded by the taxpayer? If so I have no problems about it.

You all just need to relax and stop getting so angry and aggressive about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Well, isn't this a surprise? More evidence that the UK is NOT a Christian country.

"An online poll of 2,005 people, published this week, found 79% had "no personal interest" in the visit."

The survey, by think tank Theos, also found 77% thought taxpayers should not help pay for it.

The disgusting religious tyrant known as 'The Pope' should stay right where he is - in the Vatican - because he isn't wanted here in the UK. He can keep his disgusting Christianity.

People don't want to pay for special interest minority groups any more - we're all hard up enough as it is! If we're going to start questinoing expenditure for this one Christian event, then we should start questioning public funding for ALL religious events, organisations, faith schools and more.

STOP PAYING OUR MONEY TO RELIGIOUS NUTTERS!

(Please view the attached link for more discussion on a similar topic.)

Parallex.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Keep his disgusting Christianity? I can understand the hate for the pope but to label all Christianity as disgusting is simple minded babble from a simple minded fool.

Anyone should be able to believe what they want as long as it does not infringe on anthers right to do the same. And you can tell me story after story but the simple truth is not all Christians are bad. And I believe you are standing on a pillar of salt rather then a soup box. Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

If he was the head of state of a REAL country, I'd be inclined to agree with you. However, the Vatican is only a country to give the Pope sovereignty in his little 'city' and to give him and his 'staff' diplomatic immunity.

In my view the Pope is a bigot, a proponent of child abuse, and really not worthy of respect or reverence! Him and his Christianity can rot for all I care.

Parallex.

I agree with the above post. "Head of State", whaaaa? Head of His Own Little Very Wealthy Corrupt State, yes.

No, the taxpayer should not contribute funds for the visit. Wasn't he so offended by something not so long ago that he wasn't going to bother and most people just said, "meh".

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

I take it the pope will not be stopping by for tea & scones in my part of the town then ..

Why is the Israeli flag above the UK flag and at the top?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tpro2g

Looks like the photo was taken in Ireland, It also looks like UDA on the flag staff .

like the way the flags are zip tied to the staff too lol

Git

[edit on 6-9-2010 by completenuttergit]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is no sensible reason why the entire population(IE the UK taxpayer)should fund the popes visit IMHO.

Maybe everyone who is catholic could do a voluntary whip round if they want,that would be OK.

But why should everyone have to chip in?
Not everyone is catholic over here,by a long shot-so why should we pay?

How does a papal visit enrich the lives of non catholics?answer-ZERO IMO,and you can expect many traffic delays and diversions for his troubles as well.
Which we all will have to pay for.

Will he bring his popemobile I wonder?

Heres his old version:

And heres what he should have now-MRAP,complete with "heathen rollers."

Just for the record,I was joking about the rollers.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Cor Your quick to judge are you not?? I just merely pointed out the fact that the UK has quite a high muslim count !

No need for your quip really was there? And no i do not subscribe to those "rags" Spose you read the Beano?

Do not assume i am a racist and if i were, there is no need to cast aspertions

Edited to not be as judgemental as the antagonistic post preveious.
[edit on 5-9-2010 by completenuttergit]

Sorry.

I was harsh. I'm so used to the racist morons on here, it's hard not to immediately jump on someone who makes an innocently sarcastic statement about the UK being full of Muslims. Genuinely sorry mate.

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I find it hilarious and to be perfectly honest quite hypocritical that some of the biggest supporters and apologists for Muslims can show such a blatant and utter lack of respect for the head of probably the largest Christian denomination.

Imagine their outrage if others had spoke about an important Imam in the same manner.

Why?

Apart from your irrational and quite honestly bigoted hatred of Islam, why is it BAD not to show respect to the head of the Catholic gang... I mean church?

This guy PERSONALLY oversaw the cover-ups of child molestation in the Catholic church. He has PERSONALLY launched a campaign against contraception and has PERSONALLY instigated an increase in Christian fundamentalism within the Catholic church.

What an amazing role model!

I think Imam's are all a bunch of ignorant, religious idiots - but I just view practitioners (especially priests) of Christianity with more disdain and disgust than I do anyone else.

Get over trying to prove me wrong - you can't, because you know what I'm saying is true.

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The UK's Major religion is actually Church of England which broke away from the Catholic church under the rule of Henry VIII as he wanted lots of wives and be head of the faith as well . C of E is as Catholisism is, a Christian faith and the UK IS a Christian country! Listen to the first word in OUR national Anthem!!! Not Allah not Shiva , GOD!

Don't worry Git - most of your points are right on, apart from your first paragraph.

Indeed, CofE Christianity is the UK's major religion - no arguments from me there.

However, the UK is NOT a Christian country. According to research performed in 2006:

- 66% of the population have no connection with any religion or church.
- 18% of the British population say they are a practicing member of an organised religion.

So as you can tell by this research, the UK is not even by majority a religious country. So it is NOT Christian. If anything, Britain is Agnostic. Try telling that to a fundie.

Also, is GOD a christian word as you assumed? Figure that one out my good contributor.

Britain is NOT a Christian country, and it never will be.

Parallex.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Keep his disgusting Christianity? I can understand the hate for the pope but to label all Christianity as disgusting is simple minded babble from a simple minded fool.

Anyone should be able to believe what they want as long as it does not infringe on anthers right to do the same. And you can tell me story after story but the simple truth is not all Christians are bad. And I believe you are standing on a pillar of salt rather then a soup box. Good luck with that.

I believe that Christianity is disgusting. That's my opinion. Thankyou for calling me simple-minded, and a fool - DIRECTLY, for expressing my opinion. Ever so slightly fascist there.... typically religious behaviour.

I agree with religious freedom if I'm honest. But religion MUST have criticism... otherwise fundie tyrants proliferate.

All Christians are deluded - that is my opinion. More than I would like are deluded and essentially evil. We shall have to agree to disagree on these points.

And it's a soap box.... DOH!

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You are a hypocrite.
You use one set of values and standards to judge Islam and it's supporters and another to judge Christianity and it's adherents.

You state that Islam can not be judged on the actions of a minority then judge Christianity and in particular Catholocism on the actions of a minority.

You critisize The Pope for his actions then defend a religion centred around the teachings of an illiterate man who doubted his own sanity, ruthlessly extended his own empire, tolerated no dissention and was a peadophile.

My dislike is not of the people but rather the belief system that is all encompassing, barbaric, intolerant and at times downright hateful.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The pope an his inbreds aren't welcome....plus his evil institution should pay if he does come...

I read somewhere that the Queen, is really the princess valour or something like that. I love to see them meet to see who bows too who?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join