It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Democracy is not an answer to the poorest countries

page: 2
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry

Originally posted by saabacura
Fascism, a loose term, can be anything it wants to be. Fascist states are only successful for min of 5 to 10 years.

Untrue.


To Great Britain which started the age of industrializtion.

Great Britain was never a Fascist state.


Fascism is a loose term cause you can have a president/dictator/monarch but it is the same thing.

That would be dictatorship, not Fascism. Fascism has several very specific characteristics.


So term limit for US president to 8 years, with no relection. Same applies to congress.

I may be reading it wrong, but this last part doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of your post. Please explain.


You are right, the last doesn't relate. But it is hard to explain why a 8 year term president is better than a 4 year president who tries to get the next 4 years... I think too much politics and no guidance for the country for the long run.




posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by saabacura
 


I suppose that could work, provided you made it a lot easier to remove a president from office and call a new election.

Like here in Britain, we don't have fixed terms. A party may spend up to five years in government before calling an election, but an election may be called at any time during those five years.



posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saabacura
 


this is thenot stupidest idea i have ever heard but close to it. lets create some more dictatorships to improve wealth. well the premise of this isn't all that bad, finding a dictator who will follow through and spread the wealth is a rare find. just look at some other dictatorships, people are in worse shape than ever.



posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by clever024
reply to post by saabacura
 


this is thenot stupidest idea i have ever heard but close to it. lets create some more dictatorships to improve wealth. well the premise of this isn't all that bad, finding a dictator who will follow through and spread the wealth is a rare find. just look at some other dictatorships, people are in worse shape than ever.


Look at our human history.... It has ALL been monarchy!!! Dictatorship/monarchy is not a new idea to humanity and should not be disregarded as a rag.



posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura
 


Throughout Human history, children have been used for labour.

Religion played an extremely important part of people's lives.

People died very young of (what are now) easily preventable diseases.

Many (most?) people were illiterate.

People could legally own other people as property.

Etc.

As society progresses, people discard old ideas in favour of new ones.



posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry
reply to post by saabacura
 


Throughout Human history, children have been used for labour.

Religion played an extremely important part of people's lives.

People died very young of (what are now) easily preventable diseases.

Many (most?) people were illiterate.

People could legally own other people as property.

Etc.

As society progresses, people discard old ideas in favour of new ones.


I frown upon people who say child labor is this and that...

In the USA, 16 is a the min age where a child can work...

In a poorest of poor countries, should they have a min age of 16 working age when they are starving to death at age 1 and die at age 20????

This is the hypocrisy of people who complain of child labor..

I mean WTF is that child supposed to do??? Sit there and starve to death??




edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)




edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: add stuff to make it more dramtic



posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Problem of people in the West is that they see the world through the prism of their own.

The world is not like that. Some parts of the worlds are 100 to 200 years behind.

Accept that.



posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
I frown upon people who say child labor is this and that...

In the USA, 16 is a the min age where a child can work...

In a poorest of poor countries, should they have a min age of 16 working age when they are starving to death at age 1 and die at age 20????

This is the hypocrisy of people who complain of child labor..

I mean WTF is that child supposed to do??? Sit there and starve to death??

What are you talking about?

I was talking about the western world. Child Labour is very much frowned upon in developed countries.


edit on 10-9-2010 by LeftWingLarry because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
The world is not like that. Some parts of the worlds are 100 to 200 years behind.

So why are you advocating giving power to a single person, who would likely horde the wealth for themselves and their cronies and prevent further progress?



posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry

Originally posted by saabacura
The world is not like that. Some parts of the worlds are 100 to 200 years behind.

So why are you advocating giving power to a single person, who would likely horde the wealth for themselves and their cronies and prevent further progress?


You just fail to see how the other way is going to work....

You have no solution. at the end.



posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
You just fail to see how the other way is going to work....

You have no solution. at the end.

Enlighten me.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join