It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a beef with food tasting like deja moo?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

ahh, just got out of bed and clicked on so brain not up to speed yet! thanks for the clarity there

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Why clone a cow when you could just clone the muscle that we eat?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xionmir
Why clone a cow when you could just clone the muscle that we eat?

2nd line

Go find a diagram pertaining to the different cuts of beef. I'm sure you'll find that most are muscle yet require some other thing, like fat, ligament, etc. to make the cut, with the best cuts coming from the least used muscles.
I'm fairly confident that rib meat grown in a petri dish is not going to exhibit the same traits as rib meat connected to bone.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They could use the bones of the cow to provide support and reuse the bones
But couldn't they just make it choke full of delicious artificial flavors and preservatives and it'd be just fine

But in all seriousness using the cloned meat when possible could dramatically decrease the cows that are just side by side in the factories and set them on a range to grow as real cows instead of the ones spreading disease for the big companies.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
I would think that if the proteins are the same molecular speaking, why would the nutritional value be any different?

IMHO - The most interesting scientific developments show that molecules are NOT all about chemistry - shape counts. (Think origami.)

So you can have two protein molecules - or fat or sugar molecules - with exactly the same chemistry, but if they're shaped differently, they act differently and can have a completely opposite effect as the 'original.'

Cool, huh?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

I hate to say it but right now, GMO rice, grains and corn should be on the top of the list not beef! GMO beef cloned!, lol, could be good on the other hand, make them immune to disease, be able to produce more beef milk shorter time, a small circle while the wild/ other cows are put on a nice farm! as pets! and organic farmers!

all supermarket meet would taste the same no matter which one you went to! consistant fat content, marbeling, size. so estimating profit and yeild could be a bit consistant!

dont kno what side effects could be! answer me that!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chefspicy

As long as everything is kept sterile (tools) then no side effects would be present because no abnormalities would form with an exact replica of the cow.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
no frank-en food at all, wither it be gm or cloned.
that schitt will kill ya

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Can we see some factual proof? Links are your best friend, along with proper grammar.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join