It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Prepares For War With China !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Feature story tonight on Australian 60 Minutes , also a link to 60 Minutes appears on the Jeff Rense website www.rense.com . Just a quick one ATS'ers to say this is a sensational piece to get veiwers . The advertisement gives a sense of ergency and hype with a quick statement from a naval officer saying , "in all seriousness we are preparing for war " !
The truth of the matter is our recently betrayed Primeminister invited China to join war games late last year . My money is on war games . I call this story a hoax and 60 minutes has hit rock bottom with this type of promotion .It is disgusting to put fear in to the uneducated public to grab headlines and viewers . I'm quite sure a number of people are in fear and are worrying because of this garbage .
60 minutes .

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
this is the first I have heard of any confilt between the two... I wouldn't expect to see smoke clouds billowing from either any time soon.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
One of the benefits of war games is learning capabilites and tactics of the other participants.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I agree with you..

I'm in Australia and my wife was worried about this...

Sad if 60 minutes has lowered itself to the level of other shows....

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Where do you think the next great threat to world peace will come from? Iran perhaps. Or Iraq?

Maybe a cave somewhere in the Afghan mountains?

Well, there are some who believe that China, the newest superpower on the world block, is the country to watch.

And if they're right, Australia better be ready.

Michael Usher has just spent some time with our navy, watching in awe as they played war games with the Americans and twelve other nervous Pacific nations and there was some serious fire power on display.

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au...

Yes, fearmongering...

Lets face it. If China attacked Australia no amount of preparation would help..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Australia going to war?

That's almost as comedic as Canada going to war. I doubt this is true or anything will result in a war.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

It would depend on how they attacked.

China may have the numbers but their navy isn't much chop.

A mass troop invasion may work but they would have to take out Australia's (read USA's) Echelon bases, these bases watch over the entire Asia pacific region and any large troop or naval movements would be closely watched.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The way I see things, Australia - as well as most of the rest of the world is already at war with China. It's just that the methods of war are evolving.

This war isn't fought with artillery, bombs, and soldiers. It is fought with tariff trade, inexpensive labor, product cost, public relations, advertising, and profit margin.

China doesn't have to use their military to invade Australia - it just has to make sure that Wal Mart carries enough of it's goods.

Any talk of actual old fashioned war is just to keep us nervous because we tend to spend more when we're uncomfortable.

At least that's how I see the whole thing. I could be wrong, I often am.

*edited to fix grammatical faux paus*

[edit on 9/5/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
China has no need to go to war with OZ.

They are slowly buying it all up. Farms, Mines, Private Homes and Apartments.

Maybe in 20 years when raw resources are getting tight, we may see China's Military 'Guarding and Securing' it's Iron Ore and it's interests. Only to ensure that the product is safe from mine back to china of course.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm as patriotic as you Chad but one on one we would not stand a chance..
No matter how you dress it up..

BTW, personnaly I think we have already BEEN invaded...

How much of our land and our Companies are Foreign Owned?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Oh yeah, China already has us where they want them and have no need to attack us.

Must be a slow news week for 60 minutes.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

lol, so true..

It would probably cost China more to mine their own iron ore..

Australia practically gives the stuff away..

Same as our LPG sales to Japan..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

.It is disgusting to put fear in to the uneducated public to grab headlines and viewers . I'm quite sure a number of people are in fear and are worrying because of this garbage . 60 minutes .

I agree 13th Zodiac same same with Indonesia, Its Media hyped up crap

How much of our land and our Companies are Foreign Owned?

CynicalM I don't get this Australia has all nationalities as citizens , please explain?

Wal

edit quoted wrong poster

[edit on 5-9-2010 by auswally]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

In my opinion, selling off a country's national assets for short term financial gain is tantamount to long term insanity.

What is the world going to do when China has pretty much exchanged cheap, mass produced and woefully inferior goods for everything on the planet, and then tells us to bugger off it's property?

Sell them the ore from the mines, lease them the properties, and so on, but don't sell them everything lock stock and barrel!

You want your kids to become Chinese peasants or something?

It's not as though the crap they export is worth a toss anyway! Yet, here they are, busily buying up the planets resources, and we're just waving goodbye to it all...it's mental.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F! I so much want you/us to be right about 60mins shenanigans etc
But even if you/we're not :O then thankyou for bringing it up anyway!

Here is why...

Next Elections lets Vote 1 China OK! (by OL) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: A] There are no foreigners unless you include ET etc. as we're all on the same planet and there is only 1 race...and its HUMAN!
:shk:

P.S. handfull of St*rs for those who already KNOW that China pwned us all like 20+ yrs ago [at least as long as OL has been aware of it and OL is just recently turned 38yrs old] but lets get some things straight OK...China would starve just trying to boots on the ground invade us outright and off the bat as it would take OVER a week and more like 2weeks+ to just land enuff boots here all at same time etc. This is also completely overlooking the FACT that Australia is completely ungaurded for 15mins EVERY YR for running of the Melbourne Cup etc... every digger on the front line during that 15mins [poor unluckest bastards that a Drop Croc ever decided to take a maximum huge turd burger on!
... seriously wtf did they do to deserve that kind of unfairness...Struth and Vegemite mate..even Hells not that bad... OL knows as I have been to hades several times as an Avatard of Hermes!
] would just say "awww fudge it... mom I'm coming home!" ...and hey they'd prolly try to thumb a lift with the oh so not the yellow peril, who knowing all True Blue Aussies are real nice blokes, would try and get him to give them directions.... and.. and...and OL has to stop now! Errr The fantasyland battle in my mind..is Over! [ironchefstylez]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The China Communist Party (CCP), rulers of China, have no wish to invade or go to war with Australia, nor with any other country on Earth. It has 1.3billions mouth to feed and need no more antagonistic heads at their shaky hold on power.

They would rather eye the huge resources underground in Australia.

They only way to do that is through the manner it had ruled Hong Kong, just like the US govt is ruled - shadow govts.

Puppets will be placed to always agree and be in favour of CCP's foriegn policies - be it continued mass murder of tibetans, exploitation of the masses, humbling of others who dares speak out, etc, etc. as well as to kowtow to their visiting dignitries from their 30 million strong flag waving commie members, just to show observience as to who are the real masters.

They have the money and the will to do so. It's military will SOLEY be used for defence of the motherland, or just to teach enemies a lesson and then sail away. They are a pragmatic cold blooded people and knows the full cost of conquest. Might today is joke and a relic of the dinosaur age.

They will win hands down in any contest of war with its brainwashed 2 million strong million, but they will NEVER be able to win the hearts and minds of humanity with its hideous treatment of fellow humans, lest of all with australians.

It would be better for australians to laugh at the military fear mongering, but to focus on any CCP bootlickers in their political and economic midst who will sell out the nation and australians for a few pieces of silver

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I think one of Her Majesty's submarines ... Vengeance, Victorious, Vigilant or Vanguard ... might give the Chinese government some food for thought. Each has sufficient firepower via their Trident nuclear missiles to destroy most major Chinese cities.

See ? Having a Queen as Head of State has its advantages !

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Your preaching to the converted mate..

China, Japan and a few others are very smart..
They buy natural resources "dirt" cheap..(pun intended)
Then value add and export them back to us..

When our resourses finally run out, maybe they will sell us some of theirs (they have plenty) at a MUCH higher price due to , by then, Global Scarcity..

And some call them dumb Asians..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

True, but you think China shows us what weapons it really has??

I wouldn't want to fight any Asian country..
They seem less likely to worry about niceties like us Aussies..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

CynicalM I don't get this Australia has all nationalities as citizens , please explain?

Sorry mate, I never said that so not sure what you are asking..

Having said that though, I have spent half the last 10 years in Asian countries and Australia's ownership laws and citizenship regulation are by far more lax than most....Then they can vote BTW...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join