It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man With the Briefcase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hi all,
I have an interesting story to tell. I was in a car driving past the vacant Ford dealership in Fairfield, CA on I80. This dealership is closed but it still has its lights on in the parking lot. The time is ~10:00PM. The driver comments on how it is sad that the dealership has closed. I then notice that there is a man inside with a briefcase. He is a silhouette. The lighting is somewhat dim but he is visible. The man is standing in the middle of the showroom near a table holding a briefcase. He moves just enough to tell he is not a cardboard cutout. All three of us see him clearly.

There is not a car in the parking lot. No one else is there at least that is visible. I find this strange for several reasons: I doubt he is there to steal stuff. It is closed and there are no cars to steal anymore. He is holding only a briefcase which can not hold that many things. If he is working there to clean up, then why is he here at 10:00 on a Saturday night? He also should have a car. It is possible that he may have parked where it is not visible, but the most convenient spot would be in the front. I would have liked to turn around and go back, but there was no close exit and by the time we got back the figure would likely be gone.

I personally believe this is some kind of spirit being. I cannot prove or disprove this, but I created this thread out of curiosity. It was kind of creepy and you could just feel whatever was there was not normal. It reminds me a little bit of the black eyed kids, but without having been physically close to him I can not be sure. Has anyone else seen the same thing? If you have played Half-Life you would recognize the Gman. That is the closest description I can think of.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
So far all your reasons for why you think this was an "entity" can be rationally explained. What really makes you think this was a spirit? Was he looking down? when he moved what directions or moves did he make?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The whole situation was just strange. I have seen similar things before which is one reason I think it probably is paranormal along with the odd timing and circumstances. You're right, and I agree with you, there may be a normal explanation, which is why I said I cannot prove or disprove it. I'm sure some people have had other experiences too. It's just one of those things that makes you wonder.

edit- It looked like he moved his head a bit, and his arms, like when someone is standing they might wobble, maybe move their head a little bit and their arms.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by yayap3]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Sounds like a meet, likely for a drug deal but perhaps something more nefarious.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I can think of several non-paranormal explanations...

An overnight security person.

A property manager / realtor checking up on the property.

A person illegally on the property for any number of conceivable reasons.

If you are truly interested in finding out what you saw the first two things I've listed could probably be easily verified or discounted. The third option would be more difficult to prove/disprove.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

While I love Half-Life 2 and the G-Man and would probably make the same comparison you did, at least mentally to myself, I highly doubt this guy was a spirit being. If anything the G-Man conforms more to a MIB type of entity, which would be leaning more towards alien than paranormal.

I think you just saw a guy with a briefcase, nothing supernatural, weird that he'd be there so late but no reason to jump toward spirit being as a conclusion. Spirit being is a possibility only after you've exhausted every single other explanation and even then its only considered tentatively.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If I was you, I would keep my mouth closed, this could be a mafia business and the dealers' office could be meeting place. If they know you know...guess what is next.

Make a wish... it'll be your last" (Cross De Lena - The Last Don Part II)

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Trueman]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
If I was you, I would keep my mouth closed, this could be a mafia business and the dealers' office could be meeting place. If they know you know...guess what is next.

A sexy party?! ...

I'm not sure there is really much to discuss here. Person with brief case ... I doubt it was a drug deal. Its just such a movie cliche. "This completes our first shipment or heroin!" and all that.

Probably waiting on someone to pick him up and didn't know what else to do?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I am not sure it was something paranormal. You would've had to get a closer look to confirm it. Definetly strange though.
I agree with the other posters, that something shady was going on, perhaps a late night illegal meeting?

That would explain why you didn't see any cars, they parked in the back of the building...

Just my 2 cents

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Rainbowresidue]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

Hello.

10pm on a Saturday night you say? Perhaps that is significant.

My colleagues and myself often use our company buildings (which are scattered throughout many towns) as 'hotels' when we go out on drinking sessions. We have to be a bit quiet about it as head office would be apoplectic if they ever found out!

Therefore, we tend to skulk around the premises using the minimum amount of lighting so as not to attract attention to ourselves. I can only imagine what conclusion a passer-by would come to if they spotted us, perhaps they would think we were spirits too?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Have you ever worked for a company called Black Mesa? Do you have a doctorate in Theatrical Physics? Your name isn't Gordon Freeman by any chance is it?

Unless your answer to these questions is yes, I don't think you have too much to worry about. Probably just some guy making a "hand off" but realised he was in the wrong location.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
working as a locksmith, i've noticed when people want to move a property they commonly view the property at night.

It's also common the key only works a back door, or the "hideakey" is around back to make it harder for someone to just walk up....

it is toooo easily explained

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I never thought it could be a drug deal type thing, let's hope not. I guess I got a little too excited about it. Regardless, it would make a good movie scene!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
its the worst type of demon ever, as close to The Dark Lord as one can get...its the IRS

joke aside, might be bunch of things and among all already mentioned here, paranormal comes to mind as a last explanation.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes. Time to choose...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

It is the Gman and he has a future mission planned for you.

new topics

top topics

join