It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateurs To Launch Themselves Into Space

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Cool for them...

However, I hope the guy standing up has a seat between his legs. Also standing up like that will force all his blood to his feet, I hope he wears a G suit that tightens up around legs and arms and other body parts to prevent too much blood from flowing to his feet.

Also, I really hope they have backup parachutes which open up above the head of the pilot. I would hate to see this guy plummet head first to the ground.

This rocket sounds.... extremely deadly.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by illumin8ed]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Why is everyone hoping to see this fail it seems?

Don't forget that the astronauts have alot more g's to deal with then these 2 guys. 3-4 g is not much more then an average airforce pilot endures and nothing a decent pressure suit can't handle.

Everyone here looks eager to say that this will never work.

Lol have you seen the missile the Russians put a dog into space with and had it come back safely? This thing is way superior to that.

Let's hope the test results will be satisfactory for them to try a manned flight, would be awesome to see some "amateurs" blast themselves from the face of this planet and i think it will definately open the eyes of the private sector.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I wish the Danish people good luck in their efforts. It's a brave thing to do and I might add equally dangerous. Will await the result of their trip.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ek Bharatiya
I wish the Danish people good luck in their efforts. It's a brave thing to do and I might add equally dangerous. Will await the result of their trip.

Well hopefully this will spur on the efforts of other amateur and volunteer's for these endevours.
Big business is in bed with the NASA creeps so the more independent rocket trips and blast-offs the better I say.
The spirit of the Wright Brothers needs resurrecting and these guys are the one to do it.
Kinda like latter-day viking explorers

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm not at all surprised that the launch attempt was scrubbed. I won't be surprised if several subsequent attempts get scrubbed. This is NORMAL during any rocket test program. It just shows that the engineers doing this are methodical and refuse to knuckle under to public pressure to rush and possibly have an accident because they overlooked something.

Each attempt - whether they light the rocket, whether it clears the pad, whether it flies true or completes the flight as planned - teaches them more about their equipment and their procedures. If funding holds, this approach will lead to success.

I wish the Danes the best of good fortune in this endevour.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I sure do hope so WatchRider. Little steps like these only help us to get ahead.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I doubt the governments will even let them fly into space, just like the astronaut farmer with billy bob.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Really cool thanks for sharing!

I wish the best of luck to these people - I'm sure they worked very hard to get to where they're at, and to be the first non-government sanctioned rocket project on this scale is pretty amazing and I hope it succeeds and proves that it doesn't take NASA to give the OK to go to space

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

lOl

Hope the main parachute works, a reserve may be good too.
It's the Creativity of it all that counts.
Where are their Seniors when they need them?
You were like this once.
Who gave you 'Advice'.

Remember.....?

Personally, I prefer to skydive and watch the world come into focus on the way 'down'. Now 'that' is exhilerating. The 'RUsh' of All.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When i die i want my body just thrown in space, why? Not really sure but it seems fitting, rather than rotting 6 feet under the ground on a planet that will eventaully just f***ed up, so in a way my body might last a bit longer than it would on earth.

It would be really funny if you get thrown in space and recovered like 40,000 years later, what would you do? on a spaceship with strange horrible scary looking creatures that are trying to figure out what you are *poke* "hes squichy and kinda smells real bad,what are these little strings coming from your head? *hair?*" haha that would be assuming.

I would laugh if they crashed into the space station and #ed up life in space for EVERYBODY!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Honestly, I've been waiting for this for quite a while. I've been wondering when it would happen. . .and what the "consequences" might be. If we just start doing what the all powerful NASA does, they just might get upset as we might find that their budget is way too inflated. Just like the guys who launched the camera on the balloon last year. I don't know how much they spent, but it's a lot less than NASA would spend to get the same image.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Danish media reports that the original part with this valve was stolen in a burglary in June. It was replaced, but unfortunately they had not been able to test it before today's launch attempt. They are now taking the rocket back to shore, and hopefully they'll manage to get it ready before Sept 17. Otherwise, they'll have to wait until 2011.

Very interesting Hellmutt, from a conspiratorial point of view.

A non governmental/military space venture, that would have access to space and many would argue, it's many secrets that have been denied to the majority of the world...has a burglary..and they steal, what..a LOX coupling valve??!

As we know, most common burglars go for LOX valves don't they!

Hmmm...sabotage seems very likely. What's the betting that particular faulty replacement part, was always destined to be going to them, if you get my drift.

Now i've heard about the 'burglary', i'm starting to think they *may* miss their launch window.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Most questions asked in this tread are answered simply by visiting the website posted in the OP. It is in plain English, don’t worry. You not wanna miss out on footage like this now would ya?

These guys are waywayway beyond rocking.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

that much compression on your spine cannot be good.

According to their website, the engine produces approx 40kN, which translates to about 3g's (apparently).

Many fairground rides produce a lot more than that.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
All kidding aside I think it"s great, Buuuuuuuuttttttttt how did they pay for all the permits, codes weather charts, and permissionm? they are not gonna let just"anyone" take off over various countries airspace!!
All I can say is that I pray for them. they are pioneers

[edit on 6-9-2010 by madhadder545]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

hallo friend!

Re. the skeptics, I suppose they're paid professionals. Not all, but most. And as such, professionals do not bear hatred or primal emotions against the others. They will brush this off and continue living. They will keep their objective outlook in life and probably concentrate on what they do best - earn a living.

Whereas those who feel deeply on this subject reply and post due to their intense emotions on the topic, professionals could care less. Eating the proverbial humble pie is an option for such individuals. They may opt to leave it on the table for cockroaches to gorge upon, or throw it in the garbage. Either way, they wont care.

Those who do care, on the other hand, will think about this, live on this, day in and day out. Perhaps we need more professional " believers. That's what I'm beginning to see though.

And although they're not as mainstream as the colorful characters that parade the internets nowadays, I'm confident they will get the job done sooner or later.

Great post re. the commercialization of space. It will reveal more - I'm with you on this... You see? Professionalism has its rewards.

Kudos!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I wish them success on the trial run. I don't see a person standing 3gs for 10 min. straight. without blacking out.

Would you have to have the pilot lay face forward in the g simulator?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the launch has been postponed to June 2011.

Their website

LAUNCH ABORTED AND POSTPONED TO JUNE 2011

Better luck next time.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Unfortunately, the launch has been postponed to June 2011.

Their website

LAUNCH ABORTED AND POSTPONED TO JUNE 2011

Better luck next time.

Looks like they achieved what they set out to do...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Looks like they achieved what they set out to do...

Thanks for the update. I was busy yesterday, so I couldn't update it myself. Their crash test dummy "died". It was exposed to 26G, and a real person would've died.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join