It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateurs To Launch Themselves Into Space

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Liquid oxygen is being tanked now and lift up is T-1 hour (14.00)

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Heres a link to another live feed:
Ustream

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
ing.dk...

Quote from here is that Kristian one of the rocket builders has pronounced: point of no return, aka systems are ready to go, systems has been spiked and operational.

Soon launch Go Copenhagen Suborbitals show them that Denmark is anything else than smallminded people as our news media try to make us, pressing ridicoulous drawings...

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Launch according to TV is 3-5 minutes...

Denmark´s first grassroot attempt to become a space nation...

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
View a live video of the launch here:
wms.jay.net...

This should be interesting to watch.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
i read it will reach 19 miles altitude. If thats right its nowhere near the accepted space boundary of 62 miles. Bransons spaceship one acheived 69 miles. We've also had manned balloons go 20 miles.

I suppose they have to start somewhere.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by yeti101]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

This is their first try ever, and its a downscaled model, they need to have a lot of data before they go for the 100km barrier which should be the 4th launch which also will have man aboard, Peter Madsen.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh oh.....unexpected technical problems just seconds for launch.....
Hope they get it up, hold on to your hardheats!!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
launch aborted. damn! was so excited

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So sad the LOX-valve got jammed by ice.
Well, the launch window extends until the 17th of September so I guess we will see them again real soon.

If Homer Simpson can go to space I don't see why the Danes shouldn't be allowed

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Really shame that they hit some errors along the path, but im sure Copenhagen Suborbitals will return in near future to fullfill their dreams.

No matter what it is really admirable to see a group of people with no ties to any country budgets doing this just to shoot down the "Jante Law" and show that the human race a capeable of fantastic things if they just go for it 100%...

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Dag nabbit. Who'd have thought that ice would form on a valve that controlled the feed of liquid oxygen into an area needing gaseous oxygen...?
It's only common sense that venting a compressed gas through a valve is going to result in lower temperatures. Rapid expansion of a gas lowers the temperature.
Crimeny sakes, that's how the air conditioner in my house works.

I think I'm going to submit this to Mythbusters.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I may be wrong on this, but even if everything does go ok. what about the g-force on the body, People launched in the space shuttle done so facing the sky. this thing your'e whole body is verticle.

that much compression on your spine cannot be good.

I have to be honest, i dont really care if he lives or dies, it is by his own stupidity.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
I may be wrong on this, but even if everything does go ok. what about the g-force on the body, People launched in the space shuttle done so facing the sky. this thing your'e whole body is verticle.

that much compression on your spine cannot be good.

I have to be honest, i dont really care if he lives or dies, it is by his own stupidity.

You don't want to ask that question. I've asked it and have been dismissed.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is epic. Has anyone seen the movie about a guy who attempts this called "The Astronaut Farmer" ? I would be impressed if this gets going. One thing I was curious about is do they have some type of radar/mapping for all of the traffic that is already floating around our planet (Satellites, stations, junk)?

Maybe attach a giant snow plow to the cone of the rocket to push all of that crap out of the way

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
/me remembers the TV show "Salvage 1"

even the scrapyard guys put the pilots in a reclining position, not standing vertically.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have NO DOUBT in my mind, before long, space travel WILL be privatized

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My hat is off to whomever is either dumb enough or brave enough (or both) to actually attempt to ride that rocket up, not only is it cramped but I would wager that the pilot will be unconscious for most of the liftoff and re-entry given the way he will be seated.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
On a short notice i can tell that one of the main engineers Kristian Von Bengtson has been working for NASA with the Mars program so this is not just some silly boys with toys, its serious also the amount of volunteer engineers (50-100) and other volunteers its the real deal. So instead of saying "whomever puts them in such craft and play with his/her´s life he is a retard" You should point your fingers back and realise that each manned Rocketlaunch US/Russia makes its a chance for failure and devastating result, so instead of your lame and immature replies you should refrain from write in this thread instead.

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Some people are born adventurers making the rest of us seem comparatively... like Hobbits.

www.snopes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join