It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New easy to install AFFORDABLE solar technology.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Here you first need one of the new "smart meters". The meter does NOT go backwards..Charge you put back into the grid is metered and credited to you.. Problem here in Australia is the Electricity companies are NOT paying the same as they charge so customers are being ripped off..

Gah.. that'd be right

cheers for the heads up anyways.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Sorry but this is just wrong

Feed-in-tariff Australia

And the price of power in my home state of W.A

Synergy pricing

Now the deal with customers getting ripped off is that the power companies were only paying under the old scheme @ 36 cents/unit plus 7 cents from synergy instead of the current 40 cents/unit government rebate plus 7 cents/unit from synergy.

In the mean while Synergy can sell the renewable energy to customers for between 16.78 cents and 46.13 cents.

Article on feed in tariff rort

Please don't obfuscate the truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So, this is stand alone tech? Each community has its own regulations and laws concerning selling back power.

When are they going to create a "AC" battery to hold the power for night time?
Did I miss something?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
So, this is stand alone tech? Each community has its own regulations and laws concerning selling back power.

When are they going to create a "AC" battery to hold the power for night time?
Did I miss something?

They do, and it's called a rectifier capacitor. Hook those two up and you convert AC into DC.

The proper setup is Solar Panel > Battery > Inverter > AC out

But if you want to store AC, then:
AC Solar panel > 12 Volt Wall transformer to DC > DC Batteries > Inverter > AC out

The bottom line is you don't need AC solar panels.
You just need cheap DC panels, Battery and inverter. Simple and low cost.

Hope that clears it up.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Question why

Please note you are in WA, I'm in Vic..

Different states, different Electric companies, different Goverment..

I heard abort the rorts here on Melb ABC radio..

I do trust them a little...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Interesting tech. I wonder how these will stack up next to all the "buzz" surrounding the new Bloom Boxes.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you for the link. The important parameters are not specified at the company's website. I would like to know the cost of electricity per kWh. The present costs, from traditional coal burning plants, fluctuate around $ 0.10/kWh. A homeowner would also like to know the cost of installation, the cost maintenance (probably very low), and the expected life-time of a typical unit. My recollection is that the cost of nuclear electricity is about $ 0.20/kWh, while solar electricity (with the existing technology) is much higher than nuclear.

Ludwik

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Problem here in Australia is the Electricity companies are NOT paying the same as they charge so customers are being ripped off..

I hope you have it the right way around. A feed-in tariff is a premium rate paid for electricity fed back into the electricity grid from a designated renewable electricity generation source like a rooftop solar PV system or wind turbine. The rate at the moment varies in states from between 20 cents per kilowatt hour (Tasmania) and 66 cents per kilowatt hour (Victoria). The average cost of electricity in Australia is generally around 15 cents per kilowatt hour for domestic users, less for industry, for example I believe the Aluminum smelters buy electricity at 5 cents per kilowatt hour. Basically it screws everyone who can not afford a solar panel by raising electricity prices so the rich can have their useless toys. It's a scam, and a complete rip-off. I don't think people appreciate just how uncompetitive solar panels are - even if we assume that the rate of price reductions we have had for the previous year continue indefinitely, it will be well over a decade before they can economically supply our electricity, only some of the time.

Interesting tech. I wonder how these will stack up next to all the "buzz" surrounding the new Bloom Boxes.

Bloom Box is hugely expensive compared to an advanced combined cycle gas turbine and it is less efficient.

edit on 10/9/2010 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
That bloombox seems interesting...
Ill keep my eyes on that one...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join