It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost in the hallway ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A couple of years ago the residents of a Pennsylvanian home heard strange footsteps at night and decided to put up a camera. This is what they caught.

First i did not know what to make of it, later it came to my mind this could well be some sort of polyester fiber floating through the hallway, but the "flight path" seems a bit strange. What is your impression ?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Inhave to agree with the OP.

Looks like a fiber.

Good catch.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hard to tell really; but if I had to make a choice in light of no further evidence to support anything else I'd have to agree with the fiber.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i definitely saw the figure of a boy!

freaky

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hm. It doesn't look like a fiber to me.
At one point, it elongates and almost makes contact with the floor, like a human.

It's a ghost. Yep. GHOST, or interdimensional being, as they are now known to me.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a GHOST!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What ever it is it is on there twice. At 00:02 it goes from left to right and then turns around and goes from right to left at 00:04. The secod time it is easyer to see than the first time. It could be anything. There is not enough to go on to make a call. Not something you see every day (at least I would hope not).

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Pause this on .21 and .22 and see what I mean. You can even see the outline of an arm moving, swinging as it walks.

edit: okay guys. I don't know what this is, it might be cgi. But it's definitely not a fiber. It crosses back and forth across the hall, and it does have a humanoid shape.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

interesting, because the residents who live there have a little grandson.
but they think it could be the ghost of the grandmother who died some time before this video was taped.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
that is interesting. our first thought is always the deceased, maybe the boy is astrally projecting when he is sleeping and this is what they caught?

[edit on 4-9-2010 by iamnot]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Looks like some sort of reflection to me to be honest. Lets look and examine this:

The room looks dark (Almost as if they are using thermal), BUT there is a problem there is way to much light present as you can see here:

Many shadows in the back and even the door knobs are shining on the right side and the left side has its walls even more glared over. So this leads me to believe that there is some sort of light on in the back, behind the camera. Also when the child first appears it appears to be entering from an open door. You can clearly see all the other door knobs on the right side except for the middle door, which appears to be open in my eyes. And this is where the ghost comes from.

The problem that I have is, is that I am sure that a mirror was used, but I am not sure where it was at. If a mirror is located then this is easily debunked as a reflection of light caused by a number of things, the lightening behind the camera or perhaps a flashlight. If you look carefully at the object it appears to be a streak to light, almost as if someone is turning there wrist up and down to cause this affect. Maybe the mirror is in the open door room?

There is also another theory that some child was used and told to walk across the hall and then later the film was altered for a cool twisty effect of a ghost. It is so hard to tell now a days what is real and what is fake, because everything is so easily altered.

Just my two cents though!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Could also be videotaped through glas, where in front someone was walking then its only a partly-reflection from the person.
But could also realy be a ghost who knows?!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It really looks like some kind of reflection, but i cannot figure out how.
when this fiberlike thing gets brighter on its turn and then fades again, it seems to reflect some light. it doesnt look like it is giving of light on its own.
i tried to imagine how a mirror or glass could create that effect, but i can not figure it out. maybe i do not have the "right" view and thats why i cant understand what i see.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It looks interesting to me. Could it be a fiber floating on air currents or a reflection cast on a sheet of glass from behind the camera? Possibly. I would have to see an example of something like that before I believe that. The idea that it's somehow digitally manipulated might be the case, but that's not an easy procedure at all. Whomever would have done that would have to have some pretty extensive experience.

At this point, I would call it unexplained until further examination can take place. I'm very hesitant to call it a ghost but then again, I'm just as hesitant to call it a hoax as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It just hit me. I may know what this is. A few years back my bother had a problem with his VCR. He would use used tapes to record on some times. He showed me this one tape that was messed up. He had used a used tape to record a show but for some reason the VCR did not erase the first show 100%. It just recorded the second show on top of it and every now and then you could see "ghost cars" "ghost people" and even "ghost buildings" on the tape. And a time or two you could even hear the sound track from the first show bleed though. If the hallway video was made using a camera that uses tape to record on and the camera was using a used tape and the camera was not working just right. I know it is a lot of 'and's to add up but I seen it happen with a VCR so why not a camera?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by soontide

Could it be a fiber floating on air currents or a reflection cast on a sheet of glass from behind the camera?

thats what i was thinking, some airflow, like two windows open at the same time or air-conditioning, but it makes a hard turn, nearly 180 degrees.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

If the hallway video was made using a camera that uses tape to record...

sorry, i could not get this information from the internet.
the theory of yours doesnt really convince me. this "thing" is shining out too much, but i could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by fixer1967

If the hallway video was made using a camera that uses tape to record...

sorry, i could not get this information from the internet.
the theory of yours doesnt really convince me. this "thing" is shining out too much, but i could be wrong.

I wish I had that old tape too show you somehow. Some of the "ghosts" on that messed up tape were very clear. But that was over 5 years ago. And more to the point just how often do VCR tapes have this to happen. I have only seen it once and have never heard of it from any one else. So I am thinking it is somewhat rare for that to happen. Everything has to be just right. So the chances of what happened to my brother's VCR being the same thing that happened here are most likely very low. Need someone who has more knowledge of VCR tech to help answer that one.

new topics

top topics

join