It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1880 very descriptive UFO sighting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks mate..So you see my point??

To me it's just a way to disscredit everything..
Most agree something is out there.
If there wasn't then there wouldn't be as much secrecy about it..

Ahh, maybe one day they will tell the truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Seems too many are wanting this to be some sort of UFO, as in Unidentified Flying Object, If they had read the article properly they would see that the objects seen weren't flying.

"The Phosphorescent gleam seemed to glide along flat on the surface of the sea, no light being visible in the air above the water."

There is also a BIG hint in this description as well, namely Phosphorescent.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any pictures of marine phosphorescent wheels online, this doesn't mean the phenomenon doesn't exist, it's been documented many times over the years, as my previous links show, NOT just made up.

Marine phosphorescence is also well known and well documented.

[edit on 5/9/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chad, sorry to burst your bubble but UFOs have been well and truly documented over the years also.

Problem is, people like you say
"No pic, it didn't happen"

Should your standard of "proof" be expected to be any less?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Where did I say UFO's haven't been documented over the years?

This isn't even a UFO btw and should be moved to the Fragile Earth forum.

And people like me? That's very presumptuous of you isn't it? If I were you I'd be more concerned with the ones who can't read properly and go off on tangents about stories being made up and accusing people of being paid to post here.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Where did I say UFO's haven't been documented over the years?

What I was refering to was your quote here,

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any pictures of marine phosphorescent wheels online, this doesn't mean the phenomenon doesn't exist, it's been documented many times over the years, as my previous links show, NOT just made up.

This "natuarally occuring phenomena" has never been photographed but we are supposed to believe its real because it's been "well documented"??

Now do you get my point?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

And people like me? That's very presumptuous of you isn't it? If I were you I'd be more concerned with the ones who can't read properly and go off on tangents about stories being made up and accusing people of being paid to post here.

Yes people like you..You are skeptical. Nothing wrong with that BTW, but you also EXPECT proof..Something you lack in this thread..

As for the rest of your post, well you are not me, so just let ME worry about myself please..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Marine phosphorescence is a well documented phenomenon though, as per the three youtube videos I posted.

The phosphorescent wheel is what hasn't been photographed, I guess because it doesn't occur very often.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I sailed through a phosphorescent sea, it was really eerie, especially because we were not sure what it was really. Although it was mainly visible right behind the ship where the water was pushed away. It does sound like a plausible explanation.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
Yes people like you..You are skeptical. Nothing wrong with that BTW, but you also EXPECT proof..Something you lack in this thread..

As for the rest of your post, well you are not me, so just let ME worry about myself please..

Look, I'm not going to be drawn into your stupid semantic games again, I've offered an alternate explanation to the story, I've used what sources that are available to me, if that isn't acceptable for you, then please share your research on this.

As it stands right now, you've done nothing to add to this thread, so instead of trying to get a rise out of me, why not add something useful to the thread?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

lol, that was ridiculous...
What "games" am I playing Chad?

All I asked was for you to show the same level of proof you expect from others..

Them 3 videos you posted were NOTHING like what was described in the OP's post.

All I've done is debate the facts..Isn't that what we are here for??

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Debate facts?

No no no, the aborigines in Australia painted pictures 20,000 years ago of Chinese Lanterns, or was it swamp gas??
I know, kites with neon lights.

it appears they makeup a new "naturally occuring phenomena" to suit the occassion...

No facts there, just stupid comments.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
hi my names william manning i was just wondering wer this guy was at the time of this sighting cuz iv been hearing my second name alot
like that black preacher against obama

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The first was humour, hope thats still allowed..

The second seems to be true..

Whats your problem Chad?

Don't like being asked to prove something YOU seemed to state as fact?

If you think I'm just attacking you, you are wrong...

I'g just like to see the same "burden of proof" from the skeptics that they expect from the posters..

Is that asking too much?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just wondering (reading the other posts) what is the alternative explanation? The main article clearly says "The phosphorescent gleam seemed to glide along the flat surface of the sea, no lights visible in the air above the water".

It seems to me that pretty much rules out a UFO, or it is some sort of 2 dimensional UFO.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

You're mistaken, I never stated is as fact.

You're also mistaken about "people like me" demanding hard evidence for cases such as this, you know as well as I do that the evidence in cases such as this is very scant, it would be absurd to expect it.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

I have no idea but there is much talk about UFOs underwater..

Our planet is afterall 2/3 water..
Would make sense..If they can travel through space chances are they would be at home under the sea.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

This isn't a new phenomenon apparently, especially in the Persian gulf, it's called marine phosphorescent wheels

Well it really sounded like you were stating a fact Chad..
Those were your first words in this thread..

I didn't notice any "IMO" or "maybe it could be"

So please excuse me if you think I am attacking you..
I just like reasonable debates with proven facts.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

So the idea is that an underwater space ship is shining light upwards? If so, why would an alien space ship do that? And why isn't the light described as coming from below the water surface, but instead is described as "floating" on the water surface?

This explanation seems to be less in line with the witness report.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

See the word apparently there?

And you aren't debating, you are being pretentious.

Now, how about getting back on topic eh?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

To be honest, I have no idea what this event was,
but also lets remember that back then there was no neon lights blazing in cities..
They had no understanding of electric lighting..

So how would you explain something you'd never seen before??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join