It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REGENT THEATRE: Queensland Petition response letter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
To everyone that was involved in the countless protests and petitions, let me start by saying a big Thankyou to you all. We fought hard but we could not beat the machine.

This the final letter in response to the e-petition to save the Regent theatre in Brisbane, QLD Australia.

The Petition requests that the House amend the Queensland Heritage Act 1992 (the Act) to return the power to the Minister to declare an "object" a heritage place , and use that power to save the Regent Showcase Theatre.

QLD Parliament response letter concerning the Regent Theatre PDF

It's so sad that the shallow minded Govt. would rather demolish such a beautiful building to erect a skyscraper, It breaks my heart. Another Big thank you to everyone involved. If any of you are on ATS.

Source: www.parliament.qld.gov.au...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
in short they should have just writen: "F* you all, and F* your memory of this place"

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Super Chubby

You know The Dragon Lady will do what she wants under the impression that she has a mandate from the masses, despite all and any opposition. Just look at the Flouride in water situation and that tells you everyting you need to know about this current State Government's to do as it wishes despite what the population has or wants to say about any of it.

So all I can suggest is get some good photos for posterity, because like CLoud Land it will get demolished in the dead of night when we least expect it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yeah I know, Our state Govt does NOT care about the people very much, I strongly opposed the Flouride in the water as did most others... It wont be until many years down the track when the effects become apparent. Good to see some other Brisbanites here on ATS. =] nice to meet you.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Hi,

I sent many emails to our Premier with links to good science on Flouride and only got one reply, from an underling I would think. It set out the basic blurb on Flouride and their science is peer reviewed, etc.

So I emailed links and quotes from solid sources with some photos of suss bags of Flouride from China, etc.. still no response.

It seems our servants are't listening to us.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Very sad news indeed. I saw some pictures of it and read the "letter" posted.
What a shame on the ptb, and what a slap in the face for the community.

The whole story reminds me of the first 15 min. of the movie "Up"

This and all the rest of the theater
will sadly be lost forever-

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Tribble]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Another QLDer here.

I have only ever seen photos of this lovely old building. Gee, we really need another highrise, don't we?

Surely, it could haved been turned into a museum, or an art gallery.

The Witch seems hellbent on selling off the farm.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

It was such a beautiful place. I loved going there, my mother and father loved going there when they were younger as well as my grandparent when they were young. The architecture was amazing... I suppose i'll just add it to the list of why I hate this city and need to move... atleast it's still a highly haunted city/

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Tayesin, do you have any posts in reference to your emails that you sent? Maybe it would be worthwhile posting your flouride information on here, I know I would be interested in what you've found!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Super Chubby

Yep, I once stood inside and marvelled at the intricate work.. still can't believe it won't get any sort of heritage listing.

Since those emails mate I've had 3 PC crashes and lost everything, all my links, piccies, everything. Bit mifffed about that too as I'm getting old and can't remember the names of websites or email addresses I once had.

Sorry.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well... it seems we have lost the fight to keep the Regent Theatre... I love this #ry, especially Anna Bligh.

new topics

top topics

join