It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and Science, His Creation to Mislead

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by Jerry_Teps

Yeah old testament Jewish law.

We have a new covenant with God through the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Look to the NT.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

And New Testament as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My point is that before you criticism Science as 'Satanic', perhaps you should look at your own religion first.

God murdered approximately 2.8 million throughout the bible, Satan only killed 10, and God actually approved of those murders.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oh snap.

Good read: www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
God murdered approximately 2.8 million throughout the bible, Satan only killed 10, and God actually approved of those murders.

If a man knows the law and breaks it he condemns himself. God didn't kill them, the individual killed themselves.

But we are kinda getting off topic aren't we.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Oh snap.

Good read: www.gotquestions.org...

Your link does not address my argument at all, it merely says that while not condoning it, it doesn't condemn it, and the bible gives guidelines on how to treat slaves. Lets see some of those guide lines shall we?

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:7-11)

The bible explicitly says that beating your slave is ok if they don't die.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

If the net total of something contributes more to evil than good shouldn't it be cast away?

Maybe it should. But I believe science has contributed much more good than evil. Religion, on the other hand, is a prime example of something that needs to be cast away.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The law of man is different than the law of God. Jesus int the NT told us in his own words how to treat our brothers....I don't think following his direction would allow for slavery.

www.biblegateway.com...

[edit on 9/5/2010 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

If a man knows the law and breaks it he condemns himself. God didn't kill them, the individual killed themselves.

But we are kinda getting off topic aren't we.

Are you saying that it is the victims fault for just living in a certain city? (Deuteronomy 3:3-7) Are you saying it is the victims fault for worship other gods than Yahweh? (Exodus 32:27) Are you saying being it's the victims fault for being a firstborn? (Exodus:12:29-30) Are you saying it is the victims fault for being part of the human race? (Genesis 6-9)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The law of man is different than the law of God. Jesus int the NT told us in his own words how to treat our brothers....I don't think following his direction would allow for slavery.

Yes, Jesus explicitly tells us how to treat our fellow man.

"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it." - (Luke 12:47)

Jesus, while technically not condoning it, did command (according to the NT) slaves to be loyal to their masters.

If his directions did not allow for slavery, he would not give guidelines on how slaves should behave.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This topic is just a clear cut case of someone who doesn't understand what science is and is blaming science for the actions of man.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm saying there is a price to pay for sin.

I love discussing the Bible and these other topice but I'd hate to derail this thread any further from it's original direction.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'm saying there is a price to pay for sin.

I love discussing the Bible and these other topice but I'd hate to derail this thread any further from it's original direction.

You clearly have completely ignored everything I just said.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Re: adjensen

you wrote:

"Paul taught that we are not saved by our own works, which was the Jewish belief, but by our faith in Christ,....."

But that's what I said. Are you trying to disprove me, by agreeing with me?

You wrote:

"To claim that you "live up to our own ideals of ethics" means nothing, because you can just mould your "ideals of ethics" to be the things that you want to do."

Isn't that what 'christians' are doing all the time by reading the bible as it suits them? And then 'heathens' can demonstrate quite high and unselfish ethics. E.g. Jain.

You wrote:

" Secondly, it renders the sacrifice of Christ, even the bare existence of him, null and void."

So Jesus sacrifice and death MUST axiomatically have meaning, so it CAN'T be null and void. Circle-argumentation.

From James:

2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Paulus: Romans
3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Does this sound as two people agreeing?

You have an extremely unpleasant habit of giving my words just a little twist, giving them a new meaning, and then from there leading the subject out into demagogic ramblings, either as divertive action or to tire or confuse everyone. If you want to relate to my posts, at least avoid deforming my words.

But ofcourse this is such a traditional christian way of reaction to opposition, that it's probably a routine by now.

Anybody interested, read acts and epistles for yourself. You may come to my conclusion, that Paulinism is the greatest hoax ever.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I agree partially with the OP and so many of the reply's here. Here's my own. Certainly you can't suggest we abandon science all together. Even
if that were the right thing to do it wouldn't happen. It's not the right thing to do at all. Wouldn't we be so much farther along scientifically if we had
the creator guiding us through.

Think of the tests and theories that would be eliminated if the creator was
overseeing what we were doing. A guide would accelerate mans knowledge to almost light speed. To look for this from the Aliens isn't
going to happen. Not in benevolence anyway.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
1) Knowledge and use of Science serves the Devil.

What atrocities have been committed in the name of GOD?

2) The more technological and "advanced" a society becomes the more likely they will turn from God to serve the other.
Would you rather three religions that all worship the same God yet hate eachother and claim each one doesn't know whats up? I mean cmon now.

3) Science has killed more people than any other single thing.
Hey those guys that flew that there plane into that there building, did they do it in the name of Science?

The sciences breed a God like syndrome in Man, we think we understand everything and control all, no need for God. Who does that serve? The desire for more is now an unquenchable thirst that cannot be quenched without the latest and greatest ipod or flat screen TV. Having enough is no longer enough so all our resources go to propping up our ego and "social status" rather than serving others. You have last years ipod, not good enough.... Don't feed the multitudes, buy a new ipod so you can keep up with the technological status quo.

Hilarious because here you are, using the internet, obviously the devils tool but really ipods and crap that just goes into premade identities and appeals to that desire for us to belong to a tribe if you will.

Science in Medicine can save a life but maybe God had a different plan for the length of my life. I'm 40 and would have died twice had it not been for modern medicine. But was that God's plan? Maybe the food and resources I use now should have gone to the next Generation.

Perhaps, but Science is pretty much responsible for your entire way of life others you'd be living in the wild much like an animal, we may live in a society with high science and technology but the majority of us have no understanding of it, be thankful imo.

1) Science has built unimaginable killing technology from the gun to weaponized viruses. Science brought about metallurgy and the such ya know we made swords waaaay back and they had this lil thing called the crusades, even Christians fighting Christans because their certain version of religion is more correct.

2) How many people have been killed through modern transportation.
How many people died from simple infection in past times?

3) How many have died because of technology grown cancers.
Oh but science is finding ways to cure cancer

4) How many animals have gone extinct in the name of progress.
Hate to break it to you but before we were making cool gadgets we were hunting animals to extinction. MOOT point really

5) How often do you push things of God's away to watch TV or sit on the computer?
What things of God's are you talking about, wouldn't God give us the ability to use science to our adventage.

6) Science is killing our planet (God's beautiful creation) with pollution.
Killing? Mother Earth will always survive, Humans on the other hand...

How many people has science fed? It could feed all but enough is not enough for us.
So you blame science? How about world politics here, tptb rather keep third world in squalor so that me and you have our fancy roman-esque lifestyles

Bottom line is that Science is not of God and it serves the other. It makes humans believe in their own divinity and separates us from our source....from all that is good.
Not really, perhaps that's how you twist your view of the world and others, so by that I can say God makes people do horrible things, or well not God necessarily but what they pretend is God, whether they make it up all in their head or perhaps they are just insane and have an imbalance of chemicals in their brain

It is the Devils conspiracy to set us on this path, a path that leads to one thing...the death of God's creation.
What about technologies that better the earth that are eco friendly?

What do you think....should I see a Doctor?

Your call, but perhaps you should let God sort it all out for you, I mean he gave you the free will right?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
How many people has science fed? It could feed all but enough is not enough for us.
So you blame science? How about world politics here, tptb rather keep third world in squalor so that me and you have our fancy roman-esque lifestyles

But isn't this god/king like attitude the product the modern western technological lifestyle? I come first, others can starve because I want more.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

But isn't this god/king like attitude the product the modern western technological lifestyle? I come first, others can starve because I want more.

No, they are saying it is a non-sequitur for you to associate science with the poverty and famine in third world countries, if anything science has improved our sources of food through agriculture.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Jerry_Teps]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
LOL The only satan I believe there is are human beings. They do the evils in this world.

It is to bad you don't know the real truth how the world was created or the religion as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yeah that's probably true, it would be difficult to argue otherwise.

Though I know we could feed all the people of the world. So I ask myself why aren't we. Which leads to the answer that we are all too selfish. So I ask what makes us selfish..what supports and pushes this selfish attitude. To which I answer technology.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Re: EasternShadow

You wrote:

"Then you should know it would never work because you can't embrace faith by force. A 'force' religion only lead to rebellion and hatred instead of understanding, willingness and love. As I said no one can force you to believe. If you don't want to be a believer then you can never be one unless your heart/soul will for it."

Then what happened at the inquisition and Jesuit god-bothered South-america?

My contry had compulsory statechurch-going duty until a century or two ago, and indigenous and competing christian sects were forbidden.

If some ideology is hammered into you all life, and there's no alternative, it's called brainwashing. But surely 'christianity' would NEVER lower itself to such, and there are NO christian soldiers left. Except a few here on this forum, maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join