It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and Science, His Creation to Mislead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Hi kl, enjoyed your posts. Re Enoch...I thought I'd mention that when I see telescreen ads with lipstick as the featured item, I nearly get sick. Imagine that stuff being co-slathered amongst the normal....the normal.... I don't know what you call it. Love juices?

Science is being used for evil, just as steven hawking is being used by evil so he can stay popular among his colleagues. I focus on the use of digital technology as one of the mainstays of evil. It sounds horrible, and everyone loves it. But it's perverted uses are well beyond poor sound replication. It has placed 3 dimensional life under slavery to 2 dimensions. I am in no mood to drift toward what occupies my mind in more ways than you could imagine. Let's just say that it is there, ravenous, and pervasive. It is enough to make me sympathize with those guys in omega man who hate the wheel, and oil.

You should consider how free we would all be if the truth about science were offered. It ain't all bad. It is man who is to blame. They form systems, corporations, governments all revolving around the secrets of free energy etc, as to keep things their way: evil.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
stop blaming s# on the devil. the downfall of humankind is very much a product of human ignorance.

Exactly. The fanatically religious seem to see anything with which they disagree - or that which threatens their dogma - as a product of "Evil" or the Devil. Except when it provides good, of course...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by ben91069

Thanks for the reply.

If we weren't supposed to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil why is it okay to unravel God's creation through science?

Science and technology separates us from God.

Why should I not learn about this world just because of some made up story in a book written by idiots thousands of years ago, and still being pounded by useless slaves today?

Science and technology don't separate us from god, god doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I understand your feelings but disagree with the part that science is of the devil.

Why? The Holy Bible is clear on some things in the creation period.
Lets look;

Genesis 1:

[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God gave us dominion over the animals, which is true we have just about captured and subjected every creature known as either pets or in zoo's.
God said subdue the earth

Strongs Concordance
subdue 3533
1) to subject, subdue, force, keep under, bring into bondage

a) (Qal)

1) to bring into bondage, make subservient

2) to subdue, force, violate

3) to subdue, dominate, tread down

b) (Niphal) to be subdued

c) (Piel) to subdue

d) (Hiphil) to bring into bondage

Dominion 7287

1) to rule, have dominion, dominate, tread down

a) (Qal) to have dominion, rule, subjugate

b) (Hiphil) to cause to dominate

2) to scrape out

a) (Qal) to scrape, scrape out

Those two commands are telling us to use knowledge which is science to run the earth.

That is where the devil steps in he get men to destroy the earth not be a good steward.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I focus on the use of digital technology as one of the mainstays of evil. It sounds horrible, and everyone loves it. But it's perverted uses are well beyond poor sound replication. It has placed 3 dimensional life under slavery to 2 dimensions.

Well, then I guess those new 3d TVs will set us free again..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Maybe I shouldn't think in all or nothing terms. This is just a thought expariment, maybe some seed of truth will come from the discussion.

If the net total of something contributes more to evil than good shouldn't it be cast away?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If the net total of something contributes more to evil than good shouldn't it be cast away?

No. Because the net shouldn't be blamed for people who can't use their judgement wisely. It's that people who you should cast away and not the net. You imprison murderer and not the murderer weapon because there is no consciousness in the weapon.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

Great thought...starred.

I think it's the people that should be saved and the tool of evil or those things that contribute more to the negative that should be cast away. In most places there are restrictions or outright bans on certain types of weapons. We don't imprison the weapon but shouldn't their availability be limited and in some cases banned?

[edit on 9/5/2010 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We don't imprison the weapon but shouldn't their availability be limited and in some cases banned?
[edit on 9/5/2010 by kinglizard]

Hmmm... I have to be very careful with this. If the weapon, for example knife, benefit more than killing and which we do to help our daily routines, it should not be banned or limited because how do you expect people to do simple task such as cutting vegetables without knives?

In this case, we need net on daily basis not only for idea exchanges, which is far more important than doing bad things, it's also another alternative for communication.

Gun on other hand has limited beneficial and couldn't be used as daily tools, therefore I agree it should be banned or limited.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Probably a 'Poe', but this is what's wrong with religion, it detrimental to humanity.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow
If the weapon, for example knife, benefit more than killing, it should not be banned or limited because how do you expect people to do simple task such as cutting vegetables without knives?

Which knife?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb8b4cb88879.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you see a difference in the above?

So now I'm arguing against blanket bans...just thoughtful ones. If it contribute more to evil it needs to be cast away.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Probably a 'Poe', but this is what's wrong with religion, it detrimental to humanity.

How could analyzing how we live be a bad thing? We should always consider where we have been, are now and where we are headed in the future.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Matthew 5:29-30 (New International Version)

If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

How could analyzing how we live be a bad thing? We should always consider where we have been, are now and where we are headed in the future.

No, you are not analysing it, you are criticising it with a religious bias, you are implying that science is inherently evil (as you attribute science as the work of 'Satan').

Lets get rid of all scientific developments shall we? There goes the average life expectancy down to 30, there goes agriculture, there goes every single technology you depend on. Science has only progressed society.

Life would be miserable (as long as you can be with your sky god I guess).

Why don't we shift the focus onto religion? Lets see how much damage it has done to society of the recent millennia.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Leviticus 25:44-46

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps

I suppose my main focus is on those things that contribute more to evil than good. We just need to weigh the consequences of using certain technologies.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Judges 21:10-12

"And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.

And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man.

And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan."

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yeah old testament Jewish law.

We have a new covenant with God through the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Look to the NT.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Leviticus 25:44-46

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."

Excuse me. May I ask why do you expect this, something from God? Shouldn't God teach us all the good thing?

I'm Just curious...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I suppose my main focus is on those things that contribute more to evil than good. We just need to weigh the consequences of using certain technologies.

3) How many have died because of technology grown cancers.

How many have been saved by modern science where they would of had a 100% fatality rate in biblical times?

1) Knowledge and use of Science serves the Devil.
2) The more technological and "advanced" a society becomes the more likely they will turn from God to serve the other.
3) Science has killed more people than any other single thing.

Sure does seem like you are focusing on the bad parts.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join