It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and Science, His Creation to Mislead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
ok i had enough of religious drivel so here goes. Satan is an ancient name so old its predates christanity. Satan is a word taken from sanskrit. In sanskrit there are 5 primal sounds which are used in SERPENT mediation and they are Sa means birth (or infinity); Ta means life; Na means death; and Ma means rebirth. This describes the eternal circle of life: birth, life, death, rebirth. When put together you get SATANMA which literally means TRUTH.

So if SATAN is really about truth and science is all about finding the truth then that means the god of Islam christanity and Jews is in fact the devil....and looking at the world today I think he has a done a good job at fooling you all into thinking he is God

[edit on 5/9/2010 by loner007]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

The apocolypse is about Jesus overcoming satan, who was cast out at the beginning and rules in hell (according to the bible).

And also according to the bible a man lived inside a big fish, and yahwehe/jesus is unable to defeat chariots made of iron and the earth is a flat disc.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
ok i had enough of religious drivel so here goes. Satan is an ancient name so old its predates christanity. Satan is a word taken from sanskrit. In sanskrit there are 5 primal sounds which are used in SERPENT mediation and they are Sa means birth (or infinity); Ta means life; Na means death; and Ma means rebirth. This describes the eternal circle of life: birth, life, death, rebirth. When put together you get SATANMA which literally means TRUTH.

So if SATAN is really about truth and science is all about finding the truth then that means the god of Islam christanity and Jews is in fact the devil....and looking at the world today I think he has a done a good job at fooling you all into thinking he is God

[edit on 5/9/2010 by loner007]

Interesting. But what is truth?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

And your point is.....?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Its been said before in this thread but from your statements we should be living in caves with no language or writing if we were to disregard all science. Also from your own statements you must be a pawn of Satan because you are using a computer...

Try and think a little more critically before you post something like this. Science is not evil. This is like saying a rock that was used to bash some ones head in is inherently evil and not the person who did it.

I dont think I can be clear on this. Nor do I think I can I have a intelligent conversation on this topic because of the complete lack of objectivity of the origional hypothesis.
Now if you said something along the lines that Satan can 'use' science as a tool of progressing and expanding evil I might agree with you. In the same way a killer uses a knife, a surgeon can use the same knife to save a life. It was never the knife that was evil.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Re: EasternShadow

You wrote:

"Even so, if I'm not wrong, the scripture about Adam and Eve which account for devil first deception against humanity is not included in New Testament".

Maybe, maybe not. But the whole Pauline fallacy is build around it, meaning that all western 'christianity' will come crashing down, if the tree-of-knowledge and original-sin fantasies are disregarded. The resistance to knowledge, science and intellect would ofcourse be meaningless also.

In spite of several invitations, I have sofar not seen even an attempt to explain the obvious absurdities in the Eden myth. Something I can understand, as the task seems impossible. Better put the blinkers back on.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

In my point of view the thing is: you could - and, of course you should use science for the benefit of a l l people.
Everything mankind developed could be used both ways/purposes: for peace or for war. One example is the invention of nuclear power. But even the use of such a technology could damage people´s health.

In fact: SATAN is master of this world and his plan is to lead us astry. For this purpose and for his plan he uses the greed of people and their vanity.
To make things short: a playstation3 is useless in HELL.

Good thread! Thumb up!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

And your point is.....?

A thread based on an imaginary character from a book of imaginary characters, is as relevant as discussing Smurfs and their intention to mislead.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

OK, I hope a smurf saves you.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
One of Satan's policies :
' To Destroy the Bible without burning it thru the Theory of Evolution'...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Maybe, maybe not. But the whole Pauline fallacy is build around it,

Well you are wrong about Pauline fallacy and christianity. The concept of Satan/devil is known by ancient Hindus long before Judaism and Christianity. It's also written in Quran. This has nothing to do with Pauline fallacy.

that all western 'christianity' will come crashing down, if the tree-of-knowledge and original-sin fantasies are disregarded.The resistance to knowledge, science and intellect would ofcourse be meaningless also.

Does it matter? New Testament disregard the narative of Adam and Eve anyway but not Judaism Hebrew Aprocha and Islamic Quran. Hindu's the Rajasic and Tamasic Gunas of Maya consider Satan similar to the Abrahamic concept. I don't see why it could cause all western christianity to crash down as you claim it.

In spite of several invitations, I have sofar not seen even an attempt to explain the obvious absurdities in the Eden myth. Something I can understand, as the task seems impossible. Better put the blinkers back on.

Because not everyone is born and/or embrace with the idea of conflict between Adam and Satan. Because not everyone has Adam or Satan in their life concept. Because it's take thousand of years to understand gems, gravity, dark hole and everything that can not be seen or touch. And because there is no one going to force you to believe either. What other explanation do you wish to seek?

Edit: I don't like how you describe as resistance to science and knowledge because I don't see science as evil. I see Satan as evil not the tree-of-knowledge.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
The problem would be of WHAT is considered Science? Any discovery or invention of Humans? Is Language considered Science? Is Writing considered Science? The Invention of Paper? The discovery of the quill and ink? What about housing? Should people live in caves or is a house considered a part of Science?

Without paper and the printing press and writing methods there would exist no Bible. You would not even know of God nor Jesus. There would be no written record of their existence.

Summed it up so well, the devil & god are mans creations as are science housing words and weapons, we are our own worst nightmares and savours, good question from the OP and a good thread starter but in my opinion the above just kills it!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Also IF there is a god and he has a plan laid out, how could we possibly not go with the plan? You say you would have died twice if it was not for modern medicine and then you question "what if god had a different plan for me?" I say to you that was gods plan. To say that you can go against gods plan is to proove god false because then god would not be perfect. If gods plan is so specific that any small action you can take could disrupt that plan...then it would be such a fragile system that the first person to 'go against gods plan' would have messed it up for the rest of time.

Why cant bible thumpers see this obvious rational falacy? Oh sure you can use the age old saying "God works in myserious ways" and I can accept this but then dont go running around saying you know gods will...sorry rant over.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

What a messed up post, what is with people these days....

Im sorry....but I think its sick that you posted a picture of a starving child and blamed science for it (or pointed out that science isnt helping that child).

This has nothing to do with science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has to do with HU-MANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you get that??????????? Do you not understand this is a issue of greed, power, and selfishness??????????? COMPLETELY a HUMAN issue!

In fact, with the way we can plant crops in massive amounts in very short time now with machinery....store foods in massive amounts and keep it fresh for longer periods of time thanks to some understanding of the best ways to store quantities of food.....and the fact that we have WAY (THANKS TO SCIENCE) that we COULD fly as well as transport by ship food to other lands in shorts amounts of time....the FACT that NATURE (which is the very blueprint of SCIENCE-Gods perfect design) has helped us understand much more about the way things work, cause and effects, as well as OFFERS enough food and riches for the entire world...................the world has everything there is to offer to make this a better place, its the middle man (humans) that are causing the pain and separations. Science could aid mankind in making sure the riches of Earth were enough for every single person...its mans fault that we are not doing this.

ITS MANS FAULT.....that the SCIENCES are NOT being used right.

I think this is the most screwed up idea Ive have read yet.

If you dont see perfection in the blueprint of the creation of life and cycles and orders.....how in the world do YOU know God?

MAN is partly flesh and it is THIS flesh that causes man to think he/she is on their own, a true individual, without consequence in any after life. Many choose to live for the flesh (satan if you will) but Satan is not some outside individual.

If you dont understand that there cant NOT be life period, with out the offering of the life from the Holy Spirit of God...you do not know Thee....if you do not understand that no life can exist without the Holy Spirit....you will not see.

Be the example....

I would assume you are sending money or food or finding people right here in our country that are in need...I assume you are helping others with this issue? To post a picture like that...and not be helping yourself, I surely hope you would not do such a thing.

Its humans....its those that live more for flesh....each person decides how to use science for good or for not....its their choice. Each persons choice will fall back to them....each person will have to stand for their choice. Not only that, each nation and us as a planet will have to stand up for the things we have allowed to be. So what will our excuse be, as a planet, when we look into the Divine Eye and see that those children starved because of WHY? Are we all going to point fingers? And then what....when God wants to know why we didnt stand up and speak out....

Im sure God thinks there are plenty of things worth dying for.....even us little humans made of flesh.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by LeoVirgo]

Edit to edit out my anger....

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Can't blame human laziness and greed on science. Science like anything else is simply a tool that can be used for good or evil - however human beings decide.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Re: EasternShadow

Sure. Descriptions of evil in one form or another exists outside (and possibly earlier) than genesis.

What I was arguing about is the special constallation: Adam-Eve-adversary-'god'-original-sin.

In the early gnostic-christian sects, it was interpretated inverse to 'original sin'. In judeo-christianity the 'law' was considred more important and only in Paulinism was this constallation emphasized. It justifies the Pauline concept of redemption through faith only. Read acts and epistles, and you'll find, that the controversy between Paulus and the original disciples of Jesus was on 'faith' versus 'law' (or 'faith' versus deeds)

Take away the importance of 'original sin' and 'faith' as the way to redemption will be unimportant. Making Paulinism meaningless.

Maybe you don't see science as devilish, but the OP did. That's what I'm talking about.

On the point of 'forcing' me to believe, it's only a few years ago our local political 'christian' fundamentalists tried to re-introduce 'christianity' as part of obligatory teaching in public schools, and re-instating 'christian' values as basis of my rather liberal and secular country. Sometimes it's not at gunpoint; but it's invasion anyway, trying to establish a religious monopoly (they are only 5% of the population).

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKnave

You are right...

There are numerous stories in the Bible where God doesnt seen that almighty.

My favorite is the flood...that was to wipe the Earth clean and save the one good family that God could find.

Then after the story of the flood we read

"AND THERE WERE STILL GIANTS IN THE LAND IN THOSE DAYS"

forgive, paraphrase

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Unfortunately God told us to use Science and Technology, here:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I mean, we can't really subdue it if Tigers keep eating us, can we?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The metallurgy or the science which made our guns, swords, clubs, and various other weapons throughout history is not what did the killing though. The same way that guns do not kill, people do. When religious zealots claim that science is evil because it was used to make weapons and kill in the name of God, that is just a cover up for the Truth, which is that people committed the sin because they're intolerant of others' beliefs. Pointing the finger at an objective science is an excuse that should've been buried a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

But here comes the beauty of it.The greatest known historical hoax, Paulinism, has declared itself exempt from this responsibility. Earthly deeds don't count for them in any way of accounting, faith absolves them.

So while we poor heathen sinners in vain try to live up to our own ideals of ethics, Pauline fundamentalists can do whatever they please, .....and by Dog, haven't they used that opportunity

This is absolute rubbish, and you know it. There is nothing in Paul's epistles, or in the remainder of the New Testament, or in the general teachings of the Church, which says "do whatever you want, just pray for forgiveness and who cares?" If you wish to claim that there is, please cite the scripture.

On the contrary, Paul implored his churches to be faithful, to be moral, to care for and love one another. No church believes that forgiveness and salvation are complete without repentance. Go look up what that word means, because it is key to Christian faith, and it is the easiest argument against your ignorant claim.

Paul taught that we are not saved by our own works, which was the Jewish belief, but by our faith in Christ, and his argument is based on two things. First, no one (save Christ) is able to uphold the law. No one is that good. To claim that you "live up to our own ideals of ethics" means nothing, because you can just mould your "ideals of ethics" to be the things that you want to do.

Secondly, it renders the sacrifice of Christ, even the bare existence of him, null and void. Didn't need to happen, probably shouldn't have. In the light of that, and in the light of the fact that it did (from Paul's perspective,) he reasoned that acceptance of God's gift of grace was the key, not something that we do.

James supplements this (and clouds the issue a bit) in his epistle, saying that "Faith without works is dead", but his point is actually a simple refutation of your claim, by saying, in effect, "If you accept Christ, but go on living in a manner which is not in keeping with his teachings, you have not accepted him at all." In other words, your actions are not what save you, but they are the demonstration that you are saved.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join