It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and Science, His Creation to Mislead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Then get off the internet you are accessing with your computer.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
We are the infinite family of light and in school, learning love and equality.

Beautiful thought.

My worry is what we are being taught...or what the sciences are "teaching" us...beyond the obvious.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Do we worship what we learn from man or what we have learned from God? They are not the same....

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I would also encourage you to stop by this site:
www.thechronicleproject.org...

Very interesting. I have a thread on The Chronicle project, also, if you ever have time!

When my ISP is not acting like jack-hole, I'm gonna hook you up with their Sept. newsletter. It has a very interesting synopsis of salvation, stated in a way I've never even considered before.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I prefer my evil with a . . .

Touch of Satin

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
When I saw the thread title I thought the OP was actually on to something here, which he/she kind of is but... it's a little wacky. Actually, science has not been around (in our history) and kickin arse long enough to be called "largest killer of people". Sincerely, differing beliefs in God hold the title of biggest humanity killer.

But the pseudo-science we call science nowadays is evil. The connection being asserted by the OP just needs a little work.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by ben91069

Thanks for the reply.

If we weren't supposed to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil why is it okay to unravel God's creation through science?

Science and technology separates us from God.

Then why are you on the internet?
Shouldn't you be sitting in a mud hut somewhere with no electricity?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
When I saw the thread title I thought the OP was actually on to something here, which he/she kind of is but... it's a little wacky. Actually, science has not been around (in our history) and kickin arse long enough to be called "largest killer of people". Sincerely, differing beliefs in God hold the title of biggest humanity killer.

But the pseudo-science we call science nowadays is evil. The connection being asserted by the OP just needs a little work.

Didn't Yahweh commit a planet-wide genocide?
Science has yet to top Yahweh for the title of
biggest humanity killer.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Here is the link to the September newsletter I spoke of:

www....(nolink)/?bbnbu79gucd1ec2

I think that they have broken down the reason why we are in the situation we are in very succinctly. Take a look and let me know what you think! There are some other interesting tidbits on there, also! They make me see things from a completely new point of view.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

And yet here you are using science and technology to post this thread.hmmmmm.

Just to let everyone know that as a Christian i am not like this person and on the lighter side of things you guys are just mean lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
And yet here you are using science and technology to post this thread.hmmmmm.

I use far as the use of technology the internet is only one of many that dominate my life...How can you avoid it really. I'm just questioning our direction as a Christian.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Shouldn't you be sitting in a mud hut somewhere with no electricity?

It's possible that would be more pleasing to God. To live simply without ego.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
Actually, science has not been around (in our history) and kickin arse long enough to be called "largest killer of people". Sincerely, differing beliefs in God hold the title of biggest humanity killer.

Metallurgy is a science, it's how those people made swords to kill so efficiantly in the name of God.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Of course Satan misleads you! That his/her job! By misleading you, it can help you to find The Truth. Science is a tool to help you realize that you never really needed proof. It's but a mere crutch for 'faithless' fools.

mwhahahahahah!!!!!

Ok, seriously, Science RULEZ!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is sad really. Science is the one of the only truly wonderful things we have left. Your god, kinglizard, sounds like he would be much better served by a race of unquestioning machines.

We were designed to ask questions of the world around us in an effort to make our lives better. Sometimes this works out, sometimes it doesn't. That's the human condition.

Science is very different from faith, and I highly doubt they will ever really get along. You see, science has inherent boundaries that define what is logical and reasonable. It's that logic and reason that are the core of science. It's logical and reasonable for me to believe that a pin I drop will fall to the floor. Science fixes much more than it breaks, otherwise humanity wouldn't exist today.

Faith has no boundaries. It doesn't require logic or reason to operate. Because of this, any idiot with an IQ over 40 can use faith to justify the worst atrocities committed in history. It's not logical to burn people at the stake. It's not reasonable to fly aircraft into buildings because a book tells you to.

Science and faith will never get along because they're black and white. You can call science Satan, your invisible boogeyman who lives underground, but science doesn't fly men into buildings or start crusades/jihads.

Faith does.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
Science and faith will never get along because they're black and white. You can call science Satan, your invisible boogeyman who lives underground, but science doesn't fly men into buildings or start crusades/jihads.

To be a smart ass, there wouldn't be buildings or planes to fly into them without science. And weapons to carry out the jihad wouldn't exist either.

But I like science though.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Kinglizard is still another pathetic example of a fundamentalistic 'christianity' which can't sell itself honestly, because the product is so obviously unattractive, that only the weak, desperate or confused want it.

So instead such 'christians' try to cast suspicion on competitors, trying to create a monopol market. Science, other religions, political systems, intellect/knowledge, even OTHER 'christians' are targets. Open any fundamentalist 'christian' website, and you'll find a specific arch-enemy of theirs, ofcourse in league with the Devil, Satan, Lucifer or whatever is part of this confused conglomerate of anything not 'christian'.

Apart from what I consider the basic absurdity of 'christian' doctrines, the sales technique is also rotten, but for some inexplainable reason quite popular amongst most of the various types of fundamentalist 'christians'. Take some popular cause, ...ally yourself with it; find some atrocity nobody likes, ...and oppose it. Slyly weave 'christianity' into it as the good guy fighting evil and supporting good. Suggest that 'christianity' is the only viable way out of the mess.

All done with a lot of circle-argumentation, total disregard of 'christianity's' own severe shortcomings and conveniently forgetting other belief-systems, who pragmatically have demonstrated ability to handle life better (e.g. buddhism. And no, I'm not a buddhist).

At the individual level much hypocracy is manifested. It has already been pointed out, that kinglizard's communication is possible through the devilish device of a PC and internet. Whining about it: "What can I do?"

Ever heard about the Amish, kinglizard? (A christian group I admire very much). And if kinglizard after all, and in spite of his holy indignation, prefer to have his small comforts and luxuries, there are half-way amish groups, he can join.

Last year I found ANOTHER holy site, where a holy woman ranted about environmentalism being the work of Satan. Maybe kinglizard should save his energy here and first shoot it out with the other holies. Eventually discovering through 'christian' methods who really are Flash Gordon and Ming the Merciless.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

1) Knowledge and use of Science serves the Devil.

Knowledge and science leads to us having better and longer lives. It doesn't serve the devil because it helps to destroy ignorance and superstition in favor of reason and understanding. The Devil is not glorified or even seen to exist and is therefore not served.

2) The more technological and "advanced" a society becomes the more likely they will turn from God to serve the other.

The more we turn from superstition and faith the better. Instead of waiting for the supernatural to save us we can concentrate on the real world and how to make it better for us and future generations. Instead of concentrating on appeasing an invisible sky tyrant for fear of eternal punishment we can concentrate on living our lives to the fullest and being decent people simply because its the right thing to do. We need to be serving the other, after all was that not the lesson that Jesus left for us? Should we not be loving ourselves and our neighbors?

3) Science has killed more people than any other single thing.

Wrong. Science has done nothing wrong. That is not to say there are not human beings that have used Science to create weapons of war. Science is merely a TOOL to discover, it is those that use the tool unwisely who carry the blame for those that kill just as it is those who used Christ's teachings of love to carry out Inquisitions deserve the blame while the religion does not.

But was that God's plan?

You seem to laughably suggest that modern medicine has violated God's plan. I'm sorry but isn't this God guy supposed to be ALL POWERFUL? Well if he's all powerful than nothing can stand against his divine plan - he can steam roll it right through the petty plans of mice and men can't he? If he chooses to let us violate his plan than our violation is part of his plan.

By the way there are ten year old kids that get cancer. Are we to assume that this is part of God's plan. If it is than God is one sick and evil individual.

1) Science has built unimaginable killing technology from the gun to weaponized viruses.

Science did no such thing. Science is a method for discovery, it is up to US to use it responsibly. WE HUMANS have used science irresponsibly, the guilt lies squarely with those that chose to use science to create killing machines not with the science itself.

2) How many people have been killed through modern transportation.

How many died along the Oregon trail. How many human beings died on foot before transportation was invented? I fail to see your point.

3) How many have died because of technology grown cancers.

You mean radiation from cell phones? Not sure what you mean here. If you are talking cell phones the research is inconclusive at this stage. If you're talking something more serious like radiation from atomic weaponry than you have a point, such things are terrible but again the blame lies on those that chose to use science to develop them NOT on the scientific method itself.

4) How many animals have gone extinct in the name of progress.

How many species have come and gone before we even got here?

5) How often do you push things of God's away to watch TV or sit on the computer

I for one completely understand why people turn to things that actually exist, like their television sets, in favor of something for which there is no evidence, like their favorite imaginary being. Maybe if God had a TV show (and no I'm not counting those awful televangelists as God's TV show
)

6) Science is killing our planet (God's beautiful creation) with pollution.

What exactly do you hope to gain from this? You want to send us back to the dark ages? Like it or not science is here to stay and guess what, its tripled the average human lifespan in only a few centuries time.

Is there pollution? Sure there is and right now guess who is working to find solutions to that problem - SCIENCE. Guess who created that problem - INDUSTRY.

It could feed all but enough is not enough for us.

You have no idea what science is do you?

Human greed, economics, politics, climate, there are a myriad of factors effecting world hunger. Science is not responsible for world hunger, science is merely a method of discovery. Most of the countries where people are hungry are ones with very little science going on. I agree it would be nice if we had more people working to feed the hungry but blaming the scientific method is just plain stupid.

It is the Devils conspiracy to set us on this path, a path that leads to one thing...the death of God's creation.

The Death of God's creation? But if it does lead to the death of God's Creation isn't that part of God's plan? I mean it is GOD'S PLAN, it's not like he couldn't go through with it if we were mucking about with it.

Honestly I am not sure what to make of any of this. It just seems a load of superstitious ramblings about how bad science is simply because some people have misused it over the years to create weapons and further industry and medicine...

Science is the best method we have for finding out what is real and what is true about our world and you know what they say about the truth... it sets you free.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The core question here is: "What is Science?" and secondly "How much of what you are using is related to science and it's discoveries and where would you draw the line between what is good science and what is bad and what is too much. God decided not to give us any guidelines here so...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join