It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and Science, His Creation to Mislead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's easy to ignore all the good science has done aswell, eh?

link   
I think you definitely hit the the nail on the head with this one, bout the only thing I would argue would be where you talk about God's plan for your life. That you would have died 2 times with out modern medicine?

Makes me think of the story where you are trapped on your roof in a flood and you rely on God to help you, a boat comes by then a helicopter and you deny both saying God will save me, you drown and die and get to heaven, where you ask God, "why didn't you save me" and he replies, I sent you a boat and helicopter, but you didn't take it.

Also you might want to touch base on how there are so many versions of the bible, over 400 versions of the bible all a little different. You are right satan is attacking Gods creation and he is also trying to take away our only tool against him by confusing the word. And what happens when you confuse something? People lose interest. Then question one book vs another fight and whatever else.

I believe satans idea is he wants what God has, only in his own way. Since he was of God at one point and then thrown out of heaven he lost all that was of God. Where God can see he can not, therefore, satan uses us to create technology that benefits him allowing him to have a God like control over our world.

I really don't think technology is all bad though, it's just being used by evil and from evil comes evil "things" and not just in technology, but I think you're on the right track. I think this is a good start to a potentially deep subject with many avenues. I look forward to seeing what others may reveal to us with this post.

link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Is this different story is Science itself are Superscience or Science is paired with Spirituality?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
You can't complain when people put their views across as to the validity of your deity hypothesis, can you?

Nor did I. My issues, as stated is with attacks on my spell-checker, use of I vs we, avatar, ATS member tags for contributions....see the difference?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

. . . . . . . . ya do know, that doesn't actually help much, eh?

that's like me asking 'what do you mean by books?' and
you posting back a list of publishers.

honestly, how can science be good or bad? how can
you attribute morals to an abstract? Even religion can't
be good or evil as a concept, just by being.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

There was a time I would have disagreed with you but I was fortunate enough to work within a pre-clinical trial pharmacautical company at first as a Technologist then as a Scientist for a period.

During my time there I was doing cell culture and virology tests on various products that are now mainstream, some less known treatments for things such as smallpox, AIDS and so on that are not so mainstream.

I was submitting test results that were not as the clients expected (ie the treatments cannot mix with immune systems causing severe damage, can be manipulated by common infections etc) and in turn found out that these trials were reaching clinical stages despite my results. This means that you can be taking a tablet that you buy from a store that has severe side effects, be prescribed treatments that dont work or can even kill, that various people have hidden from you.

In short, anything that is backed by money is something that can, is and will be manipulated to serve profits regardless of results.

Science is nothing more than money backed opinion in my eyes now, from experience rather than opinon.

Your opinion only backs it up even more, good on you that you dont have to experience it but have the guidance to see with eyes.

However if we could somehow use science without money making agenda or bias then that would be something special.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ser Plum

that's like me asking 'what do you mean by books?' and
you posting back a list of publishers.

honestly, how can science be good or bad? how can
you attribute morals to an abstract? Even religion can't
be good or evil as a concept, just by being.

Did you not think this trough? We all know the difference between what's good and bad, unless you have some strange ability to ignore that somehow. Religion could be considered good or evil! All depends on which book you're reading. Are you a Christian or a Satanist? One would be good and one would be evil, can you discern this? Same goes for technology, can be used for good things or used for evil things, all depends on the use.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ser Plum

Sorry, thought it would.

The opening post is fairly clear...the thought anyways. You can attribute and file away all the things I mention into different Scientific Specialties. All those thing are born of the sciences.

See what I'm getting at?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

As a Christian, I see no inherent conflict between faith and science, as they are two aspects of the same thing -- the pursuit of truth. And one of my core beliefs is that God is the greatest scientist of all, and enjoys watching us learn more and more about this amazing universe of his.

However, I agree with your assessment of this world, and I would put to you that it is not science that has failed us, but the application of science. In a similar fashion, I am frequently arguing with people who claim that religion has done a lot of evil, with my perspective that it is not religion that is wrong, but the application of religion.

We can use science to improve the Earth, to feed the world, to explore other worlds, but we (generally) choose not to. The reasons for that are complex, but I don't think that you can put it in the lap of science, per se, any more than you can put the Spanish Inquisition in the lap of religion. In both cases, it's down to us, our choices, and our failings.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Nor did I. My issues, as stated is with attacks on my spell-checker...

I actually feel bad o kinglizard, no lie...normally I do not correct spelling, I like to pose as a gutter anti-elitist too much to be red-pencilling the people...I just got carried away by the comedy...I still feel all respect and kindness towards you, and I hope you can forgive me for being heedless and mean...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh gosh brother no biggie. I was just taking quite the hit initially. It shouldn't have bothered me, I do see the humor in it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I don't know if you have ever bothered with it, but the Book of Enoch hints at this same idea. The fallen ones came to earth to breed with the human women and proceeded to teach "heavenly secrets" to men. The things mentioned all sound like science to me. I have just started to look at Enoch, so I am no authority.

Here is a link, if you are interested:www.heaven.net.nz...

Sounds like what you are talking about, no?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trekkr33777

so, you're saying good and evil is subjective?

yep, and that means that it ain't good or evil. just a point of view.

I think that there are basic things in the world that
are good and evil. thinking of others, helping out
when it ain't to your advantage, not being a dick to
others just cause you can . . . then again, not.

I don't believe there is a god or a devil or anything there.
I can close my eyes and all I see it the back of my eyelids.

but that ain't right, there is evil. and it is nature, it is
human. but, it is never just the way things are.

Then again, tomorrow is another day, and for me,
evidence of divinity doesn't need to be empirical. I
don't know anything. But I know enough not to fear
what it is I do not know or understand, but to
embrace it, to know that it is always possible to
change my mind and embrace new way of thinking,
of believing.

gah, what I might be trying to say, in reply to kinglizard, is
that it is not science that is satan, it is not satan at all. the
devils, the gods, they're all in you. the things people do
in the name of religion ain't no better or worse then
they do for science.

It seems that these days all the temples are full of empty
rituals, churches, banks, universities, labs.

thinking that there is good or bad to something like science is
the same as saying 'humans are good and bad'.

I agree. just don't lay it on satan.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Err what? So let me get this right. God in it's infinite wisdom makes all creation including the angels who were hardwired to obey him nomatter what he said. Now mind you all this happens in 6 days because creation is hard work god needs to take a nana nap. Ok. So god then puts a tree of knowledge in Eden and tells the kids not to touch it. Everything in Eden is fair game BUT that tree. Yeah smart move god you obviously never baby sat kids. And then leaves his kids with the devil to babysit them. Sounds like somebody needs to read logic 101. What genius in their right mind leaves stupid and innocent kids with the freaking devil alone. Knowing full well what the devils plans were. Not to mention the fact that god knows the future. The complete stupidity of the genesis story blows my mind that people still belive it to be factual information.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Although as religious as I am, I don't feel science is wrong, and I don't think God intends for us to remain Neanderthals. Its mens misuse of science and the power with it that is killing the planet. That would be like saying guns kill people, well yes, but it takes a human to operate it. (most of them anyway)

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mattias

Don't these things in science mislead us. More than what they give us but how they make us think of ourselves. Don't they breed a God like syndrome in Man?

Science can explain how man evolved, we are not from God, he doesn't exist because we think we know with our human understanding how all things work.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Firstly, it was not "Science" but Governments that turned beneficial inventions into Weapons.

Secondly, Satan is not real and this can be proved by referring to the original texts that Genesis comes from...... the Sumerian Tablets history... for it is the Source material for the first book of the Bible and the Torah.. it is where your Belief in a physical God comes from. ANd no this is not from Stichin's books.. it is from my 80+ year old mentor who also translated those Tablets for the British Museum.

Reading it we learn that the OT God was a physical being.. not a God. He had a younger brother who manufactured us. The older brother was hate-filled, egotisitical, bloodthirsty and demanded Worship from humans... sound familiar? It should, it is the "God" of the OT.

He hated his younger brother too, so after a very long and detailed story we can read how how the Older Brother (Biblical God) went about insuring his little brother would be remembered by all humans as thr Bad One.. so he used half the Caducues from the House of Life to symbolise this little brother... and so it became the Snake in the Garden of Eden.. E.Din.. "The First Place".

Since the being represented now by that Snake was the one who manufactured us and who loved us.. as it is recorded... it shold make sense NOW as to why the Snake in the Garden told the Adamma Model.. The 'Adam' that God was Lying to them.

The hateful OT God was Lying to the humans and the Snake was trying to remind them of the fact.

If you believe your Religion, and it's "Genesis, then you must also Believe the Source for Genesis too.. otherwise one runs the risk of being a Hypocrite.

please excuse poor spelling today.. fingers are more dyslexic than normal.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Wow, interesting. I never read Enoch but this does relate to what I'm talking about.

And Azâzêl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways.

And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. And heal the earth which the angels have corrupted, and proclaim the healing of the earth, that they may heal the plague, and that all the children of men may not perish through all the secret things that the Watchers have disclosed and have taught their sons. And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azâzêl: to him ascribe all sin.'

www.heaven.net.nz...

I'm going to read a bit more tonight.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by kinglizard]

[edit on 9/4/2010 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Science is advancement. SATAN, SATURN/EL/ENKI/ENLIL/RA/OSIRIS/ISIS/ZEUS are the Draconian evil negative Eye of Horus, running this planet in ignorance, mainly through 3 judaic religions, including the one that has now sentenced the woman to death for adultery to 90 extra lashes for not wearing a scarf in a photo.

Science is freedom, except, we don't have the real mckoy, just the watered slave kind.

So take it and peddle it somewhere else, I am so fed up with this evil negative planet where billions of suffering and teh ugly twisted patriarchal murdering religions.

I'll give you something to think about. You're living in a holographic Universe/School, in a prison school at that, to learn love and equality. It doesnt matter what credo you have either. As long as your not fundamental and backwards and belive in punishing people with it.

Contemplate infinity. In infinity everything is infinite without beginning and ending. All souls are inifnite without beginning and ending and progress and are = to the infinity itself.

If you pluck a tiny portion of your infinite soul today and created a child, that soul would stretch endlessly without beginning or ending and be = to the infinity and = to the parent.

We are the infinite family of light and in school, learning love and equality.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Secondly, Satan is not real and this can be proved by referring to the original texts that Genesis comes from...... the Sumerian Tablets history... for it is the Source material for the first book of the Bible and the Torah.. it is where your Belief in a physical God comes from. ANd no this is not from Stichin's books.. it is from my 80+ year old mentor who also translated those Tablets for the British Museum.

While a case can be made for the similarities between Sumerian mythology and Genesis, the remaining four books of Torah are uniquely Jewish and one would be hard pressed to make the case that they are derivative of anything else. There are basic commonalities between all moral codes, but these may be attributed to recognition of an absolute morality, and that's about it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join