It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and Science, His Creation to Mislead

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
After rereading several of the replies, I finally figured out what the overall problem is with people.

It is fear.
Major Religions of the World
Ranked by Number of Adherents

Christianity: 2.1 billion, Islam: 1.5 billion, Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion, Hinduism: 900 million, Chinese traditional religion: 394 million, Buddhism: 376 million, primal-indigenous: 300 million, African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million, Sikhism: 23 million, Juche: 19 million, Spiritism: 15 million, Judaism: 14 million, Baha'i: 7 million, Jainism: 4.2 million, Shinto: 4 million, Cao Dai: 4 million, Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million, Tenrikyo: 2 million, Neo-Paganism: 1 million, Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand, Rastafarianism: 600 thousand, Scientology: 500 thousand

Christianity is the most celebrated religion, and it will keep growing well into the future. Sorry, I am not responsible for everyone's personal salvation. You have to make up your minds alone. The door is always open.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
From the perspective of an a-doctrinal platform, organised RELIGION is fear and often creates more fear.

From the perspective of liberal democracy, fascism (both religious and political) is fear and creates more fear.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Fascism is mostly connected to an atheistic movement to establish nationalism.
Religion has nothing to do with fascism. Two different philosophies.

Fascism = Liberalism (Anti-Religion)
Religion = Supernatural

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Save me from nitpicking diversionary maneuvers. They don't function on me.

Anybody can look up fascism and see the similarities to fundamentalistic 'christianity'. If it feels better, I could possibly use 'totalitarian' instead.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

At least in Europe, the belief in a god is actually decreasing every year...mostly because science is able to explain a lot of things attributed to a devine being before due to a lack of knowledge. It's just not that important anymore for a lot of people.

LINK

There's also a negative correlation between a belief in god and the level of education. In the US, Gallup did a study that found out only 48% of Americans were able to pick the right definition of evolution from a list. And a majority believes we have less than 50% of genes in common with monkeys...it's actually closer to 95-99%

Ignorance like that is holding back our society! You can't just act like the monkeys in the pic bellow and expect our population to make progress:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1e2710c4d6d.jpg[/atsimg]

If we did that, we wouldn't be able to fly planes, use medicine to save lives, or fly to the moon.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ There's also a negative correlation between a belief in god and the level of education. In the US, Gallup did a study that found out only 48% of Americans were able to pick the right definition of evolution from a list. And a majority believes we have less than 50% of genes in common with monkeys...it's actually closer to 95-99%

Don't tell anyone that I have two college degrees and two minors. We wouldn't want anyone to know that an educated person believes in god. Especially one who accepts and has studied science, psychology, world history, art, art history, literature, and philosophy. We wouldn't want anything like that to get out to the public.

Only a fool would think the world is black and white.

Originally posted by bogomil
Save me from nitpicking diversionary maneuvers. They don't function on me. Anybody can look up fascism and see the similarities to fundamentalistic 'christianity'. If it feels better, I could possibly use 'totalitarian' instead.

Fundamentalism and Christianity is how they are spelled. Second, you did react to the statements I made. If what I had said was not effective, you would not have posted a response to my query.

Trying to bend my faith will not work on me. Sure, you can get me engaged into an in-depth conversation; however, it will not change how I cognitively view the world around me. I have no desire to change anyone's personal opinion. All I am doing is responding to questions.

-----------------------------------------------------

It looks like some people miss the whole, 'God allows freewill so that people can be held responsible for their own actions.' God does not control anyone's actions. You do. Regardless about which road you choose to take, the consequences for any action taken is your responsibility, I don't really care if you guys believe in god or not. Why? I am not living your lives.

If you have a problem with the logic behind the existence of a creator, take it up with the creator in which you have a problem with.

Have a good day gentlemen. If you want to know more about my thoughts, you can read through this thread and discover my philosophies. Thank you for your time.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

"GOTT MIT UNS"
-the motto emblazoned on Nazi belt buckles, saying 'GOD IS WITH US' in German. Why? Because fascism has no preference for religion or irreligion, it simply goes with whatever is easier for it to be established.
Though technically fascism has a preference for traditional values, which tend to include religion.

However, totalitarianism is equal opportunity, we see it from every sort of outlook.

Religion: the only place where you're considered good for holding on to a position no matter what other people say, even if it makes more sense than what you believe.

Also, the point about the statistics is that the more religious people in the world are typically less educated, statistics don't put forth absolutes (if you'd really studied sciences you would know this).

On a related point, over 90% of the members National Academy of Sciences do not believe in a deity (over 70% outright reject while 20% are agnostic)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Obviously, the guy means that the more we progress with technology and science the closer we will come to destroying ourselves and the planet

Does anyone actually believe there will not be a WW3?

The same agenda has been on the table since the early 1900's and it is not over

Technology, once developed, has the ability to be used by both good and evil, hence making it dangerous to the overall

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
Obviously, the guy means that the more we progress with technology and science the closer we will come to destroying ourselves and the planet

No, this guy actually believes that science is a satanic temptation. I've been on here long enough to know the guy's MO and he's stated it outright.

Does anyone actually believe there will not be a WW3?

Ask again later.
It's impossible to say with certainty. I honestly doubt a global conflict will happen in a world where many nations own operation nuclear weapons unless those nations are all on the same side of the conflict, and that wouldn't be a world war so much as a global curb stomping....
But there could be a global nuclear war, we just wouldn't have a name for it because we couldn't survive it.

The same agenda has been on the table since the early 1900's and it is not over

This isn't really the area to talk about that, but global nuclear war isn't really on anyone's agenda, it wouldn't benefit anyone.

Technology, once developed, has the ability to be used by both good and evil, hence making it dangerous to the overall

But you fail to realize that there are more positive applications for science and technology than negative ones.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
No, this guy actually believes that science is a satanic temptation. I've been on here long enough to know the guy's MO...(snip)

No, you don't really know me because my 'MO' would lead nobody to believe I thought science was a satanic temptation. As I've stated this thread was the result of a brief thought one day. Has nothing to do with any 'MO'. I made the thought clear in the opening post for discussion sake. Yes I made statements to support the initial thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

A "brief thought'??

Forgive me....for "KingLizard", back when you were a 'mod' and I was a 'newbie', you helped me A LOT (with avatar sizing).....

I kept that same avatar for a long itme (stilll have it, of course...stored in "My Pictures).

Still.....all respect.....I cannot view this thread's premise, per its title, with any thing but distain.....sorry.

I mean no disrespect....but, surely in today's era.....a belief in the "supernatural" is somewhat outdated, yes?

edit on 12 September 2010 by weedwhacker because: Text, grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by bogomil

Fascism is mostly connected to an atheistic movement to establish nationalism.
Religion has nothing to do with fascism. Two different philosophies.

Fascism = Liberalism (Anti-Religion)
Religion = Supernatural

I would not say that, you can beilive without having a religion.
Fascism has it's supernatural beilifes behind closed doors.
You have everybody stating now and then, could it be that ....... I'm fascinated by this. Then someone comes and states you are just dreaming. So what is dreaming anyway. Yes you are making thoughts in your head like a hologram, wow how is that possible, it's science fiction.

Even the atheists will go and state could it be..... The left side is like a black hole, the connection to the uninet I call it

There is an internet, so there must be a uninet. The universe net.
The internet is really the same thing if you look at it, so the uninet is the other connection that we can't understand, programing languege of the universe, arhitect design.
The internet was designed so the uninet must have a designer, it's simple. We act like the creator.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Forgive me....for "KingLizard", back when you were a 'mod' and I was a 'newbie', you helped me A LOT (with avatar sizing).....

It was a pleasure, as it would be today. I am the same person.

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I mean no disrespect....but, surely in today's era.....a belief in the "supernatural" is somewhat outdated, yes?

Interesting you should put it in those terms as that was one of the premises of the opening post.

edit on 9/12/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
So Let's try this one for measure:

"Christian Fundamentalism and Sexual Perversion, Their Creation to Misuse"

1) Does knowledge and use of sexual perversion serve christian fundamentalism?

2) Is it true that the more sexually perverted a society becomes the more likely they will turn from common sense and decency and serve christian fundamentalism?

3) Has sexual perversion killed more people than any other single thing?

Sexual perversions breed a megalomania syndrom in man ........etc.etc.etc.

The identification of christian fundamentalism and sexual perversions can be 'proved' (in the kinglizard version of 'proof') through citations from christian scripture, history of christianity, theoretical and clinical psychiatry/psychology, daily-life observation of contemporary christianity, christian interference in socio-political aspects of sexuality........End..less...ly.

Sorry if some ears start bleeding, but is it REALLY more offensive to call people sexual perverts than to call them satanists? Am I less housebroken...according to what....?

And in any case, this is ofcourse just a whim I had today, to see what would happen. And I have, like kinglizard, ofcourse no hidden agenda of throwing dirt on an ideological competitor.

I would, in the same experimental spirit as kinglizard, be willing to champion the cause of "Christian fundamentalism is identical with sexual perversion", and naturally include the necessary amount of euphemisms, disregarding inconvenient data, using twisted logic etc.

And as kinglizard already has posted emotional support for his thesis in the form of a starving child, I won't need to resort to such. I'll just say, that this child suffers from HIV instead (a result of christian sexual attitudes).

This is tasteless? And not funny? But we're in a pie-throwing contest now, and I didn't make the rules.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I want to start off by asking ..
What the * has your God done for humanity recently .. or ever ?

I could reply in many different ways, I choose this one.

You are 40 years old and you think your imaginary friend's imaginary enemy put science of all thing on Earth to separate you from your imaginary friend, so you spend eternity in imaginary jail...

Yes, I think you should see a doctor.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

Died for our sins...made it possible for sinners to enter heaven. How's that for starters. lol

You don't have to agree...

Yes, I think you should see a doctor.

Are you really referring me to a man of science.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhackerI mean no disrespect....but, surely in today's era.....a belief in the "supernatural" is somewhat outdated, yes?

Even though I am an educated guy who believes in God, I think you bring up a very good and valid question. After I think about this a little more, I will reply in-depth in response to your query. You do present a psychological argument based upon social and individual progression.

How can a 'supernatural' concept still exist in a advance world, which science in many forms is relied on for the progression of a species? In order to get us started on that question, psychology does examine this phenomenon at length. We went from a metaphysical world -to- a physical world -to- a metaphysical-physical word. Hmmm...

Very interesting. Are we as advanced as we think? Or, has the 'supernatural' advanced with science? Or, has science advanced the 'supernatural'?

Have we hit a point in human history, which mankind has used the arguments of both science and religion to hinder both from progressing? Reverse Dark Ages?

edit on 14-9-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The concept of supernatural in itself implies that the phenomenon is outside of nature, and while there is something to be said for that (particularly in the case of a "creator", who, of necessity, must be outside of his creation,) it also implies a phenomenon which is simply not observable by current abilities.

We've seen "instantaneous communication over distances" within the quantum realm, and one can see that, at some point in the future, we may utilize such technology for remote viewing, telepathy and other things that are currently seen to be supernatural. Which then begs the question as to whether people who claim to be able to do such things now can, and are somehow able to manipulate reality in a way similar to quantum menchanics to accomplish it.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Died for our sins...made it possible for sinners to enter heaven. How's that for starters. lol

Wait .. what ? Why would it not be possible for "sinners" to get into heaven in the first place ? God is .. well you know god .. the whole omnipotent creator of everthing ? Seriously you are going to try to tell me "God" created everything. Humans acted naughty, this pissed the omnipotent creator right off but he loves us. Instead of just forgiving us, he felt it was necessary to reincarnate himself as his own son ... to be brutally murdered.

Looking at this it seems like one of the following 3 things has to be true.

1. The bible is not accurate.
2. God is stupid ... literary . Seriously he could not come up with a better way to "save us" .. Remember omnipotent !
3. God is a masochist.

I could likely come up with tons more, I think you get the point.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Sounds like you're channeling the late, great George Carlin, just a bit...

I won't post his video .... because people know how to find him IN any number of videos, in case there's someone out there who might not know what I'm talking about.

Still, although it might have been "only" an act, a "bit"....I found his rants to be pretty much spot on, in most instances. Not sure anyone else could convey it better, on many occasions.

Of course, referring here to the inconsistencies of "religion" in general (not all, but probably most).

It comes down to, really (it seems) the big difference between a "faith" (which is, or should be, purely personal) and the 'organized' versions that call themselves "faiths". It's too bad that such communal get-togethers can become so perverted, once humans get their grubby hands on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join