It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinny chicks: an Evil plot to dumb down the next generation?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

You realize that the OP and the study were about women with an hourglass figure and not 'fatties', yes?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
You realize that the OP and the study were about women with an hourglass figure and not 'fatties', yes?

There's a very thin line ( if you excuse my terminology ) between the traditional ''hourglass'' shape, and a woman carrying a few too many pounds.

If the depictions of the actress, Christina Hendricks, are a supposed example of being the desired ''hourglass'' shape, then I genuinely pity any woman that would be so stupid as to think that Ms. Hendrick's body is in any way worthy of replication.

She's an absolute porker !

The simple fact is that those that usually have an ''hourglass'' figure, are usually defined by their wide hips, and most could do with losing some fat elsewhere.

There are some lucky women, that have a nice, curvaceous, figure, and low body-fat. Sadly, these ladies are few, and far, between.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

So the answer is no. Sorry, I momentarily forgot your views on the majority of women. No worries, I remember now.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

So the answer is no.

LOL.

I'm guessing you typed this reply well in advance to reading my reply to your last post !

I already explained; most women who have wide hips, that contribute to an ''hourglass'' figure, also carry a few too many pounds on them.

Most women that one'd describe as ''wide-hipped'' are a little on the large side.

If some women are using Christina Hendrick's body as an example of this supposed ''hourglass'' shape, then I can only assume that they are trying to justify some weight issues, to themselves.

The simple fact is that most lasses with wide-hips, also carry a bit too much extra fat, so, me designating them ''fatties'', is not without reason.

Comprende ?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Nope. I read your post prior to composing my reply. I was just foolish enough to hope you hadn't actually read the OP and was basing your posts off the posters who can't comprehend the difference between having an hourglass figure and being morbidly obese. I see now that I was wrong.

From the pictures I've found of Christina Hendricks, she isn't fat. She's proportional and does indeed have an hourglass shape. That you keep calling her fat and demeaning anyone who looks like she does, or wants to for that matter, says more about you than it does about those women.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

How do you figure what sizes are natural for women? BMI is outdated and inaccurate.

many physically fit people are mistakenly classed as overweight. A kilogram of muscle weighs exactly the same as a kilogram of fat. What we should have said is that muscle is denser than fat.

According to BMI I am overweight but I do brazilion Jiu Jitsu and I have way more stamina and strength then my skinny counterparts

Now scientists from the renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester are questioning the accuracy and usefulness of the BMI. Reviewing data from 40 studies involving 250,000 people with heart disease, they found that while severely obese patients had a higher risk of death, overweight people had fewer heart problems than those with a normal BMI.

Jus' sayin'

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I was just foolish enough to hope you hadn't actually read the OP and was basing your posts off the posters who can't comprehend the difference between having an hourglass figure and being morbidly obese. I see now that I was wrong.

You are patently, and demonstrably, wrong here, because I initially replied to Fortanthem's OP, and my initial reply appeared on page 7... I have since gone through this thread, and ''corrected'' posts, that I deem to be worthy of being ''corrected''.

I'm sure that most ATSers can understand, and comprehend, the difference between an ''hourglass'' figure and being morbidly obese !

You are falling for all the old logical fallacies here, and I think ATS posters may be able to help you with that.

From the pictures I've found of Christina Hendricks, she isn't fat.

Oh, come on ! You cannot be serious ?!

Now, come back to me, and tell me seriously, that that isn't fat, when you see her.

She's proportional and does indeed have an hourglass shape.

She's proportional, I'm sure, in the same way that a beached whale has proportional dimensions to the beach that it's been washed up on.

Ok then, reconcile this picture ( on the front page of the most respected listings magazine in the UK ), with the actuality of Mrs Hendrick's appearance.

Now, please reconcile the fact that she appears to be a 25-30 year-old fitto with a tight body, on the front-page of the Radio Times, yet she looks like a haggard old 45-year-old, with a less than desirable body, in the other photo ?

What's going on there, eh ?

That you keep calling her fat and demeaning anyone who looks like she does, or wants to for that matter, says more about you than it does about those women.

With respect, that's bollocks.

That actress is fat.

I'm not demeaning anyone that looks like her, Au contraire, I think that Mrs Hendricks is a very beautiful looking lass.

I'm saying that she does carry a lot of pounds, so it's advisable for me to recommend that women do not try to emulate her porkyness, based on the character that she plays, in whatever tv show she stars in.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Is it possible that TPTB have been pushing those anorexic looking models on us for all those years in an effort to make men more attracted to skinny chicks with no brain building material in their trunks?

I don't believe it to be possible to make men more attracted to any particular sort of woman. Some guys like skinny ladies, some guys like curvy ladies, some guys like other guys, some guys like big, smelly feet...

You get the point.

What you end up attracted to develops pretty early on in life, at an age where media has little to no effect on you. It's an interesting theory, but I'm not buying it.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
If the omega 3 fatty acid is responsible for the difference, then it's more a nutrition issue rather than a body shape issue. I'd assume you could give the slimmer people omega 3s and there wouldn't be a difference in cognition if the theory is correct.

And Ghaleon wins the race ...

Star for this post, mate.

I can't believe this is so many pages

You hit the nail on the head the second the horses left the gates

I guess it's just between you and me and the one other person who flagged this post thus far who sees what we do, sage.

Now with omega 3 supplements, skinny chicks are all the rage

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
The media has been pushing skinnier and skinnier women on the public for years. Many have thought this was just the latest fads of the fashion industry but, is it possible that all of these skinny chicks have been part of the efforts by TPTB to dumb us down and turn us into good slave laborers?

A recent study seems to support this theory:

The Brain/Butt Theory

We hope the Nobel Prize committee didn't miss this week's release of a groundbreaking study titled, "Waist-hip ratio and cognitive ability: Is gluteofemoral fat a privileged store of neurodevelopmental resources?"

Translation, for the benefit of you size zeroes out there: Are fat-bottomed girls smarter? Answer: Yes. They also have smarter kids, according to researchers at the University of Pittsburgh and the University of California at Santa Barbara

The data on the brain/butt theory, though, is pretty convincing. In a study of more than 16,000 women, the curvy girls consistently outscored their slender counterparts on cognitive tests. Their kids outscored the skinny moms' kids too. But the researchers don't posit that bigger is automatically better. What matters is the size of the hips relative to the waist. That's because fat stored around the buttocks and thighs is high in omega-3 acids, which promote brain growth, while fat stored around the middle is loaded with omega-6 acids, which make your pants too tight.

Women with "pear" or "hourglass" shapes have greater reserves of omega-3, which nourishes their own brains and is essential to fetal brain development in the third trimester of pregnancy.

Tampa Bay Online

Here's a link to the study: Waist-hip ratio and cognitive ability: is gluteofemoral fat a privileged store of neurodevelopmental resources?

The study shows that fat bottomed girls tend to have higher intelligence than their skinny sisters and that they pass on this intelligence to their offspring through the brain-building fats they keep stored in their bottom and thighs.

Is it possible that TPTB have been pushing those anorexic looking models on us for all those years in an effort to make men more attracted to skinny chicks with no brain building material in their trunks? They're probably trying to dumb down future generations in order to breed the perfect slave population.

I say we all defy TPTB and start dating more fat bottomed girls in an effort to create a super smart generation capable of throwing off the chains of their oppression.

Let's hear it for those fat bottomed girls!

Anyway, this theory gives us men the perfect reply to one of the most terrifying questions our significant others can possibly ask us:

Does this dress make me look fat?

Now, guys can come back with the perfect (and, maybe for the 1st time honest) response:

No, honey, I think it makes you look SMART

[edit on 9/4/10 by FortAnthem]

Are you remotely serious?????????????????
Here we go again: it's womens' fault!!! No i haven't read this thread. No I have no intention of feeding your aingst by doing so. No I will not feed my anger by subjecting myself to this bull crap. K mods: ban me for saying crap yet allow this nutjob to post bull crap threads.

NO I am NOT a troll.

Unbelievable..................

[edit on 6-9-2010 by missvicky]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I remember Gilda Radner sang a song as Rhonda and the Rhonnettes, the song was called 'sacharin', one line said 'I'd rather be skinny with cancer'

Ironic that she passed away at 42 with cancer.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Fat bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round!

And a smarter world by the sounds of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I thought skinny people would be more inteligent as their brain has to consentrate less on moving a fat arse around leaving more brain resources for other ares for thinking about other things and not just about where the next big mc is comming from.

allso if the alien sightings and abduction reports are true, then there isnt no fat aliens.

plus it would be harder and cost more to send a fat person into space, so if we become a space traveling species, the fat guys might get left behind or pay for 2 tickets like on a plane.

and not only that but fat people have more health problems and if something is damaging to health and you still do it then how smart is that?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I have since gone through this thread, and ''corrected'' posts, that I deem to be worthy of being ''corrected''.

Oh, don't worry. It's rather obvious who's posts you "deem to be worthy of being corrected". A bit full of yourself, aren't you?

You are falling for all the old logical fallacies here, and I think ATS posters may be able to help you with that.

She's proportional, I'm sure, in the same way that a beached whale has proportional dimensions to the beach that it's been washed up on.

Again with the demeaning remarks.

It's fairly obvious that your first picture of her is airbrushed just like every magazine picture is. The second picture is the one that I looked at prior to making my last post, and I stand by my comment. It's attitudes such as yours that lead 15 year old girls to starving themselves because they're "too fat".

I'm not demeaning anyone that looks like her, Au contraire, I think that Mrs Hendricks is a very beautiful looking lass.

With all due respect, that's bollocks. Comparing her to a beached whale is demeaning. Calling her a fatty when she's not is demeaning. Calling her porky is demeaning. Talking down to any female who looks like her or wants to is demeaning. Keep telling yourself that it's not if it makes you feel better, frankly I just find it a little sad.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

With all due respect, that's bollocks. Comparing her to a beached whale is demeaning. Calling her a fatty when she's not is demeaning. Calling her porky is demeaning. Talking down to any female who looks like her or wants to is demeaning. Keep telling yourself that it's not if it makes you feel better, frankly I just find it a little sad.

He means to be demeaning because he knows you will react. The funny thing here is I've seen her IRL. She's not fat. Stacked to be sure, but not fat. The women probably weighs 150 max and she carries it well. I can't hate and it's not because I'm fat. I give credit where it's due and I'll call a fat woman when I see one.

The language the person you responded to used should tell you everything about how small their mind is. They probably know little about actual aesthetics let alone what actually constitutes fat in a medical sense. I suspect we have a troll in the dungeon.

I find it pointless to shame such people. They normally get back just what they put out. They'll whine about it too, but those who are discourteous deserve all the flack they get. As for the 15 year olds, I doubt any 15 year old with a brain takes that guy seriously.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by antonia]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
The language the person you responded to used should tell you everything about how small their mind is.

Oh, I know. I've been toying with the idea of just clicking ignore, but it's kinda like a car wreck. You don't want to look, you feel sorry for the people involved, but you just can't look away.

As for the 15 year olds, I doubt any 15 year old with a brain takes that guy seriously.

With all the 'role models' (and I use that term very loosely) for teenage girls being so skinny they look ill, society telling them that they have to be a certain size and weight, and idiots running around calling women fat when they aren't, it doesn't take much to screw with a 15-year-old's self-esteem. Most of them aren't mature enough yet to tell people to go take a flying leap when they get put down over their size, even if there's nothing wrong with them physically. Comments such as the ones above only perpetuate the idea that women are fat if they are an inch too big to fit into a size six.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I actually ran into the issue. IN my former life, I wanted to go into the army. At the time I was a weightlifter. I am a female. I was training with the hopes of being able to compete. I could bench 150 lbs. and leg press 1200. The army told me I was too heavy and needed to lose weight. I told them that I was very strong, in strenght and a weighlifter. They told me then I would have to get a doctors orders as an exception, on my own. I told them if they needed people so badly, they should of done it themselves. I never got a call back from them.

Their loss.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

being female and meeting the criteria you set for hourglass shapes to retain additional fat, i can tell you without a moment of flinching, that the red head you posted links to, is not fat. she's large breasted but not fat, and i'll tell you the clues to look for (cause i know first hand):

1. no double chin.
2. no fatty pockets on her underarms (below her biceps)
3. no fatty pockets over her eyes
4. slender hands as well, with tapering fingers.

what you are perceiving as fat, is her voluptuousness (what a word!).

(and that evening gown color doesn't compliment with her skin tones. it washes her out. had she worn a gown in the shade of lavendar she wore on the magazine cover, she'd look great. i'm guessing the designer considered her hair color but not her skin color, when selecting the color for her evening gown. see color theory.
)

[edit on 6-9-2010 by undo]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

It is womens fault. I am 38 now and have found thoughout my whole life that ALL women are evil. The ones that appear to be decent....you have to watch them the most. Yes, it IS ALL WOMEN'S FAULT! IF YOU ASK ME THE WHOLE WORLDS AILS AND THE DECLINE OF MOST EMPIRES STEM FROM WOMENS' VANITIES AND SELFISHNESS. Did you know that statistics prove that 100% of every death in the world is contributed to women in some form or fashion? Either the woman knows someone, or knows someone who knows someone, or has an aunt or uncle or father or mother who knows someone who has died?????? WOW! Isn't this a scary absolute fact? Women aren't even good in the kitchen anymore! Most women sell their children for crack. Sorry, these are the statistics from the Worldwide Oprah Manbashing and Emasculating Nazis or (W.O.M.E.N.) The ever increasing 'lack of need' for men makes women to be likewise obsolete to men. When men wake up to this reality, we can save our energies to be successful again and to take back what was once ours, our dignity, respect ,jobs and even our children (who quite frankly men are more responsible at raising anyway) and women can save themselves from 'street troubles', date troubles, and all other times where it would be nice to have a man to intervene. If women no longer need men, then men should no longer need them. Quite frankly, I think the world would be better off if women had to be monitored by the police and wear a house arrest ankle bracelet to keep them from destroying our beautiful world. You women should be ashamed of yourselves for what you are doing to our beautiful world! Lose some weight and stop eating men's souls!

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

hi. wrong thread.

second line. to go with the first line. cause i haven't got any other comment on your post. which is a good thing, methinks.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join