It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that either of these rig explosions are connected to 'Environmentlaists'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I keep seeing these comments popping up in threads making vague, sourceless accusations that these oil rigs are being destroyed by 'Environmentalists'. I was wondering what actual evidence any of you have to support these sentiments?

I mean, from what I can tell, we have an un-regulated oil industry that has almost complete control over our Congress and the former MMS who puts profit over safety of people and the environment. There is ample evidence supporting this theory i can supply at request if you are truly unfamiliar with the basic narrative that has unfolded over the last few months involving lax regulation, BP officials admitting to moving forward with a problem well, etc

So, are these folks claiming it's 'environmentalists' blowing up oil rigs accidentally or intentionally trying to shift blame from our elected officials and the corporations like BP?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I really don't understand why people are getting so excited about this.

Oil rig accidents happen quit often...

www.oilrigdisasters.co.uk...

Accidents happen in industry and they're not all conspiracies.

I doubt environmentalists would endanger Human life, or cause something that would be a problem for the inviroment.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
as I have stated before in other threads
there is a connection between these 2
events. The connection is

Apache

I think Apache is a CIA funded and controlled
company.

They were the ones who bought
BP's assets when threatening them
with bankruptcy or hostile takeover.

They were also in a deal to purchase
the 2nd platform when it exploded.

Apache is connected with both events.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Would environmentalist really destroy something that would cause more damage than good to their "environment"? I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

The OP is mistaken, what he keeps seeing, and what me and many other posters hypothesize is NOT that environmentalist would blow up oil rigs....

Why would environmentalist want oil rigs dumping huge amounts of oil into the ocean?

OUR hypothesis is that perhaps the government was involved, because of the loss of momentum in the global warming movement..

The Global Warming movement lost a lot of steam with the release of the emails that came out not too long ago. Not to mention the fact that so many scientist have come out against MAN MADE global warming and people in the space industry coming out with proof that what is going on in our solar system is also causing climate change on other planets......

Not to mention the proof that the earth goes through cycles and has for millions of years..........

The loss of potential income for the government and many other bodies in the Cap and Trade camp would be HUGE.....

Besides just money, they stand to lose vasts amount of power, because the cap and trade and "Go Green" agenda infiltrates everything in the economy and goods and services bought by Americans on a daily basis....

Once one understands what they would have to lose by having the man made global warming scam go under, its not too far fetched to think that they would do something drastic to further that agenda......

[edit on 4-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Environmentlists want to save the planet not destroy it - and they know what a mess it is when one of these rigs has oil flowing into the ocean.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i agree with all of your posts. And yet, none of those folks popping up in other threads blaming 'environmentalists' havent provided us with any evidence to investigate these claims.

Curious, that.

Come on, guys, NONE of you can give me some evidence of these 'environmentalists' sabatoging oil rigs so they can stop offshore drilling?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't blame the enviromentalists - though there is evidence of enviormentalists taking part in oil pipeline bombings.

There was a whole book written about it - The name is "Saboteurs: Wiebo Ludwig's war against big oil ".

It's not an opinion I share but you can't say there isn't evidence.

[edit on September 5th 2010 by Daughter2]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I don't blame the enviromentalists - though there is evidence of enviormentalists taking part in oil pipeline bombings.

There was a whole book written about it - The name is "Saboteurs: Wiebo Ludwig's war against big oil ".

It's not an opinion I share but you can't so there isn't evidence.

Is that evidence of environmentalists sabetaging these two specific wells?

Because thats the 'evidence' i am seeking.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
There are certain extreme environmental groups that might do something like this. Earth Liberation Front has carried out bombings in the past, most notably in my mind the fire bombings of a number of Hummer dealerships in California a few years ago. I don't think that these oil rig explosions were carried out by a group like that. At least, I hope they weren't.

I would caution people not to fall into the trap of thinking that environmental groups are above doing anything that you would accuse any other corporation of doing. Most of them are just that, corporations. Their bottom line depends on environmental issues and "green" products in the same way that oil companies depend on petrochem.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by soontide
There are certain extreme environmental groups that might do something like this. Earth Liberation Front has carried out bombings in the past, most notably in my mind the fire bombings of a number of Hummer dealerships in California a few years ago. I don't think that these oil rig explosions were carried out by a group like that. At least, I hope they weren't.

You seem to misunderstand the question. In addition, i am not asking about speculative motive. I am asking for even a shred of EVIDENCE, which you have not provided.

While certain environmental activist groups most certainly engage in sabotage (as has already been stated, and should be common knowledge), I am specifically referring to these two most recent rig explosion and the (In my opinion) industry meme that is permeating this forum making accusations about 'environmentalists' blowing up these rigs with ZERO EVIDENCE.

I would caution people not to fall into the trap of thinking that environmental groups are above doing anything that you would accuse any other corporation of doing. Most of them are just that, corporations. Their bottom line depends on environmental issues and "green" products in the same way that oil companies depend on petrochem.

Really? Earth First depends on 'green products' Earth First is a 'corporation'? What do they sell? Priuses? Organic carrots?

Can you name some of these 'environmental' groups who engage in sabotage who are a 'corporation' who "depend on Green products in the same way oil companies depend on petrochem." Because i havent heard of them yet.

My main thesis is there is quite a bit of evidence showing numerous possible culprits in this event, including BP, the MMS, the Dick Cheney's closed door energy meetings, and HAlliburton's involvement
in the explosion and their acquisition of Boots and Coots. ALL these are actually supported by more than just 'motive'. they have actual evidence tying them to the event, whers-as no 'environmental' group has been tied to anything even REMOTELY connected to these events, and, in my opinion, the desire to blame environmentalists is a distractionery tactic to distract us from the REAL culprits i just mentioned.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So.... NONE of you folks popping up in threads claiming this was done by 'environmentalists' have any evidence or anything?

I mean, i would think just ONE of you would be able to give me something. A picture of a greenpeace sub ramming the riser? Earth First graffitti on a rig?

Okay, well, if none of you have anything, i'm going to keep thinking its probably related tot he three companies involved and the total lack of oversight by the MMS.

Because your argument seems to be nothing other than pipe dreams and speculation.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

top topics

join