It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch breakthrough in biofuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Dutch breakthrough in biofuel

translate.google.com

Scientists from the University of Twente reporting a breakthrough in the production of biofuel. They have managed changing an agricultural waste oil into an oil that has the same properties as crude oil.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
nos.nl

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've heard about and seen this before. I believe it was in some documentary about free energy.
I'm curious how the rest of the world will react on this. Will they debunk it and discredit the scientists that worked on it?
I hope not.

The article is in Dutch and I let google translate it, the additional links are the original article and a direct link to google translate.

translate.google.com

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Cheers for posting.

Interesting stuff.

Hopefully the techniques can be refined (no pun) and we can all make our own fuels from garden and kitchen waste instead of it going to landfill.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Interesting Stuff
It just makes me wonder if we would ever use such a system. We have had a few successful Biofuels, but nothing has seems to be developed after.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
some folks would use it, others would say its too much hassle to actually make and have your own fuel for free.

Besides, you think that the oil sheiks are gonna let people make their own gas for free?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Interesting detail is that the artificial crude oil can be processed in a common refineries. They process organic waste into an oily substance by pyrolysis and add hydrogen to it and after that it can be treated in a refinery.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

I've heard about and seen this before. I believe it was in some documentary about free energy.
I'm curious how the rest of the world will react on this. Will they debunk it and discredit the scientists that worked on it?
I hope not.

The article is in Dutch and I let google translate it, the additional links are the original article and a direct link to google translate.

translate.google.com

Why would they hide it? Do you know how much a company could make with this technology if it were cost effective? TONS. Any of the fuel myths you've heard about the electric car, etc etc is total crap. None of them have worked as of yet because none of them are as cheap as oil for the consumer and the producer.

top topics

join