It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the pattern with UFO sightings ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is something which has intrigued me for a while.

I guess it's because I consider our ET visitors to be as intelligent, or more intelligent, than us. So if they're paying us visits, why do they visit where they do ? What's the pattern ?

I'd suggest a majority of sighting reports *seem* to come from the Northern hemisphere. Sightings of UFO's in the sky are common in both cities & rural areas, but it's invariably in the rural areas that 3rd kind occurrences happen. So our UFO chums aren't bothered if hundreds/thousands see them whizzing past ... but they're not keen on us seeing them up close. Why's that ?

And why mainly in the Northern hemisphere ? What's the great attraction ? There's plenty populated areas down south. A friend suggested once that there might be time travel involved and that the aliens are visiting those places which no longer exist in their own time ... maybe because the Northern Hemisphere's been destroyed in a nuclear war or some similar catastrophe.

Any idea about the pattern of UFO sightings ? Is there a pattern ? And if there is a pattern, what are the aliens up to ?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Lets just say that UFOs are ET for the purpose of this post. Any patterns discovered might be as a result of human behavior, as opposed to ET behavior. For instance, if they happen to be seen mor eoften in Arizona, as opposed to Maine, it just may be because humans happen to be outside and looking at the sky more often in Arizona. In otherwords, we don't have enough information or there are too many variables to discern what patterns, if any, are as a result of ET behavior.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

LeBombDiggity.....

You will find this very interesting thread by The Great Kandinsky (well.....I'm a fan!) looks into this in magnificent detail.

Stalking The UFOs

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

It seems like there might be a pattern to UFO sightings if we could distil all the sightings into one pure database. It's not gonna happen any time soon!

I think the biggest obstacle to targeting a pattern is us. Human nature is always subjective and the phenomena is elusive. The variables are too many to count and any signal is inevitably buried beneath our actions and interpretations.

I'm generally against people linking to their own threads (EGO!), but I'll swallow my pride and suggest you read a thread I posted...Stalking the UFOs. A lot of the responses made great points. The OP was my own thoughts, but the sources directly relate to your question. I posted a list of them...here.

The Massimo Teodarani should be required reading as an example of science being applied to the UFO phenomena...M. Teodorani. A Comparative Analytical and Observational Study of North American Databases on unidentified Aerial Phenomena ...

ETA: Cheers Maybe, you could have spared my ego if I was a quicker writer!

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky.....

I am just a humble grasshopper to your powerful kung fu.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

But in the southern hemisphere you have big cities such as Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Pretoria, Antanarivo, Christchurch, Wellington, etc, etc. Why don't we see more UFO reports from these places?
I live in Arizona, and I will concede that weeks could go by without seeing a single cloud in the sky. But I have never seen anything unusual in the skies.

Cheers...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

And why mainly in the Northern hemisphere ? What's the great attraction ? There's plenty populated areas down south.

There have been many UFO waves in the Southern Hemisphere, with South America being a hotspot on any UFO map. Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, all have many sightings, and according to a former internet paranormal podcast host are still in the middle of a big UFO wave. Mexico has also had major UFO flaps (it's just hard to weed out the serious stuff with Jaime M polluting the skies with videos of anything and everything from bugs to balloons)...

In South America UFO's are an accepted fact by a large percentage of the population (as are most paranormal occurrences), hence alot of the UFO events in SA go unreported, to them it's just business as usual...

You might want to check out the aforementioned podcasts, search out "A.J. Gevaerd" or Brazil on their site. Here's a start...

www.theparacast.com...

Also check out "Bill Chalker" a UFO researcher in Australia, anothe UFO hotspot...

EDIT:grammar, spelling, links, etc.....

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Toxicsurf]

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Toxicsurf]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks so much for those links. I don't know how I missed such a well presented thread, must have been the week I was moving and had no internet....

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
There seems to be an energy ley line system that exists on Planet Earth and the ufos travel on this system. In Britain there are many energy lines and you can dowse for them. There are different levels of strength, the main one over the UK is like a perfect triangle that has its apex at Arbor Low, it's bottom right point at East Mersea Island in Essex and the bottom left point near to Bristol. this main triangle/pyramid system is literally like a motorway for ufos.

These systems exist in all societies and are also connected with spirits. In Holland they call them the dead roads, in Ireland they are known as fairie paths.

Who laid this system over Planet Earth? Is it natural? Some say there are major deposits of implanted crystal at energy points all over the world. There certainly is a correlation between sightings and these energy lines, many of my sightings being near the apex of the pyramid Arbor Low, an ancient stone circle in the Derbyshire Dales.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
It seems like there might be a pattern to UFO sightings if we could distil all the sightings into one pure database. It's not gonna happen any time soon!

That's not true. Like with any database, all you need is a decent representative sampling of the data to discern patterns. And it's already been done a number of times. Old school UFO researcher Jacques Vallee was one of the first to do it, since his academic background was computer science. He came up with a number of very interesting patterns which led him to hypothesize that UFOs might represent some kind of teaching tool. The data tended to follow the same kind of curve that you would use to teach a rat to run in a maze, or something like that. So he hypothesized that UFOs might be used to "guide" us in some way. I personally don't think he's exactly right, but he did the data study.

I don't remember all the details of his results, but I seem to recall several points that he outlined. They can probably be tracked down somewhere. Maybe here:

UFO Data Study

But among the things found in the pattern were that UFOs:

* Tended to follow natural features such as rivers and mountain ranges, but also artificial features such as state lines. Why state lines? Maybe so police departments would have questions about jurisdiction.
* Were seen more often on Wednesdays, suggesting they were aware of human activity patterns, and avoided weekends when more people could be out at night.
* Were seen more often in October. October 13 was a particularly busy day for some reason.
* Tended to appear in somewhat recognizable shapes just slightly ahead of our own technology. Not thousands of years in advance.

Jacques Vallee on UFO Control System

Among others. The point is, it's been done. You just need to dig a little bit to find the results of the study. It's interesting. And suggests, as more detailed study generally does, that UFOs aren't necessarily about alien beings in space ships. But something a bit more subtle and mysterious.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Among others. The point is, it's been done. You just need to dig a little bit to find the results of the study. It's interesting. And suggests, as more detailed study generally does, that UFOs aren't necessarily about alien beings in space ships. But something a bit more subtle and mysterious.

Cheers. If you'd read past the first sentence you'd be know that I'm aware of the studies and have discussed them on ATS before.

Vallee found that the sightings reported in databases were sometimes repeated. In one case, 50 times. The databases represent an intriguing sample of reports, but can only be as accurate as the person making the report. Likewise the database can't be guaranteed free of hoaxes or repeated reports. Vallee's sample included reports from the late 19th century...

The paper you refer to is from the mid-70s. Vallee and others have written more extensively since. You should read the rest of my post, check the links, and certainly read the Teodarani paper.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

It could be due to something as simple as behavioral habits. People in the Southern hemosphere may not look up as often or may not be outside at the right times. It could however be that the sightings are of military craft, particularly US or 1st world craft, thus not near as many sightings. It also can be due to the "UFO culture here in the west, where people see what they want to see. For instance, when someone in Brazil sees a light in the sky, they may see just that, while someone in the US may see ET when they see a light in the sky. Of course it could be the dead opposite too, where ET has distinct patterns and the sightings here on Earth can parse those patterns. I just think it is more likely to be human patterns as opposed to UFO patterns.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join