It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why sre thrtr do msny og thrm...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The other night I apparently sent a message while asleep. I had fallen asleep at 1:30am and woke up at about noon. When I looked at my phone when I woke up I noticed I had sent a text message to a friend of mine at 4:04am.

The thing that is odd about this is not only that I sent a text message while I was asleep, but also what the text message said.

I'm shocked I was able to text while asleep because of how much navigation that has to be done on my phone in order to send a text message. I have a Blackberry Curve and the trackball recently fell out so I have to use shortcut keys. The phone was locked while I was asleep, so in order to have sent a text message I would have had to hit two buttons to unlock it, hit "m" or "enter" to access my messages, scroll down to the most recent message from my friend, hit "r" to reply, type my message, hit the "menu" key to bring up the options to send, hit "s" to highlight send, then hit "enter" to send.

Needless to say, it's quite difficult to text on my phone, especially while asleep.

The message read (exact spelling and grammar included):

Why sre thrtr do msny og thrm. Thryre s rdsn ig redfuvrf dtredd

I'm posting this to see if maybe someone can decode my gibberish or to see if someone has had a similar experience. I believe the first sentence is "why are there so many of them", but I have no clue what the second sentence is, nor do I know what the first sentence is even supposed to mean.

Before anyone says it, I am not claiming something supernatural occurred. I'm simply intrigued as to how this could have happened.

[edit on 9/4/10 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I went through this for awhile a few years ago. In fact one such text, sent by me, sticks in my memory... I texted my then wife the words:

"A flower is a stick that looks like a flower, squee"

It turns out that, in my case, the problem was the sleep aid I was using, Ambien - which is now widely known to cause sleepwalking problems.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
heh, never you mind

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Maybe the second phrase could be "They are as rain is..." (rest are at the moment pretty much unintelligble to me) Just maybe. You probably cannot remember any dreams during that night? Obviously you would've mentioned it...?

-v

[edit on 4-9-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I forgot to add that detail. I do not take any sleep aids. I don't take any prescription drugs or illegal drugs of any kind. I do not drink alcohol either. I had not taken any over the counter drugs that night.

The only thing out of the ordinary that night was that I was more tired than normal as I had only gotten about 9 hours of sleep combined the previous two nights.

As far as I know, this texting while sleeping has never happened to me before.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"Why are there so many of them.."

I don't know about that second part. Thats crazy... uh... I'll check back, lemme think

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

The first half would read "why are there so many of them" I'm working on the second half now.

BTW I have an advanced life degree in reading texts from drunks - not to say you were drunk, but the end results are very similar.

Do you have a history of sonmnambulsim? Sleep walking?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
second part is like.. "They are.." or "theres a .." "rdsn" could be "reason" , though that would mean you skipped the "o" completely. The rest is awkward

eta: ig is most likely "it" so like, "theres a reason it.."

"theresa red sign..red roof.." im off now

You should have written down any dream you may have had that night. or last night?

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is not all that unheard of. You were sleep walking. The reason your message was so jumbled is simply because you were asleep and were not looking at the keys.

My mom used to sleep walk actually. I have gotten similar messages from her on facebook.

It is nothing to worry about, unless it becomes a habit, if you will, in which case you may want to see your doctor, and let them know. People who are sleep walking can do dangerous things, such as go walking in the middle of the road.

My mom's sleep walking was pretty serious, but she just stopped one day. She told me that once she went to sleep and all of a sudden she woke up and she was at wal-mart in the middle of the night... In her night gown and everything... Which means that she actually drove there in her sleep!!!

Scary right?

She has also hung curtains, gone to walk the dog, and other such things. Like I said though, she has quit sleep walking.

As for what you wrote, there is probably no real meaning behind it but I will try to decipher as best I can

"Why sre thrtr do msny og thrm. Thryre s rdsn ig redfuvrf dtredd "

Why are there so many of them. They're a ____ __ ________ ______

[edit on 4-9-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You didn't have any strange scars on you this morning, do you?
That, would be strange. However, I would chalk it up to half asleep texting.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have no history of sleep walking. I was not drunk. I did not have any scars or any marks on me.

Also, I rarely dream. If I do dream, I don't remember it by the time I wake up. So as far as I know, I had no dream that night.

I know people can do some crazy things while they are asleep. Like I said, I'm not claiming anything supernatural occurred. This is just weird for me since it has not happened before.

[edit on 9/4/10 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
You didn't have any strange scars on you this morning, do you?
That, would be strange. However, I would chalk it up to half asleep texting.

You hurt someone last night TOE? haha.. jk

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'm posting this to see if maybe someone can decode my gibberish or to see if someone has had a similar experience.

i'm sorry, but what? you are asking others to translate your own text? this is worse than people that can't read their own handwriting.

but, ok. i'm game, let's play.
i'm sorry for this, but i can't resist....

"Thryre s rdsn ig redfuvrf dtredd"

thryre = There/their, s=is, rdsn = (is a well known abbreviation for) reptillian demonic shapeshifting nubururists, ig = intergalactic government(s'), redfuvrf = rectal experiment drill faster & uvrf is a typo for "hurt".

i'm not sure what the dtredd means.

so what we have so far is:
"Why are there so many of them there is reptillian demonic shapeshifters from nuburu from the intergalactic government performing rectal experiments with a drill, and faster hurts"

another possibility is that it was one of the aliens who made the text and sent it to your friend as a practical joke on you.

my interpretation may be off. if you don't like it, make up your own.

hope this helps,
et

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

All for the sake of science. Our species is dying, human genetic material is on high demand.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
i'm sorry, but what? you are asking others to translate your own text? this is worse than people that can't read their own handwriting.

I didn't ask your opinion on whether or not this thread should have been posted. If you have an issue with it you are free to ignore it and go elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

After staring at this and writing down possibilities I've come to the conclusion that the latter half - especially the last two "words" are just too ambiguous for me decipher.

N.O.M. Sorry about that! I did try!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The last word is definitely "stress". Just thought I'd point that one out. I'll try to decipher the others in a while.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

i never said it should not be posted. your inquires are legitimate. i just couldn't pass up on the chance to interject some humor, and i thought that was funny.

if i thought your thread had no place on our ATS, i would have used the alert button and told the mods why i thought it was against T&C. which i certainly did not.

i thought that response of mine was little witty, and perhaps other people will interpret the meaning of that text message some other way.

but for now, not even the person who made the text knows what the text means, so it is open game on the possibilities of the cryptic meaning of the text.

i enjoyed reading this thread and the responses. and i'm sorry about what the reptilians may have done to you, and can fully understand the emotional trauma it may have caused you, and defensive mechanisms within you that suppress the memories of that experience. i don't mean to come across as insensitive. sorry.

thanks,
et

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
btw, I'd say it was your left hand that sorta didn't wanna "sleep text". assuming you would have used both hands to text.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm wondering if "Thryre s rdsn ig" is "theres a team of"

I looked at rdsn on a normal keyboard (I'm assuming your phone has a QWERTY keyboard) and "team" seems pretty close to "rdsn"

"Thryre" definitely seems like "They're," "There" or "There's" minus the apostrophe.

And dtredd does look like stress. Have you been under a lot of stress very lately?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'll have a crack at it.

why are there so many of them. they are seen if reading stress.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join