It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French town's UFO landing pad welcomes first visitor!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Unfortunately it was a visitor very much from this world.

A small town in France that built the country's only council-funded UFO landing pad has received its first craft after a 34 year wait.

Arès, near Bordeaux, southwestern France, has decided to try and attract Martians to its triangular "UFOport" with its very own fake Martian craft.

Made by a local artist, the man-made UFO "landed" on the strip yesterday and, it is hoped, will entice any hesitant extraterrestrials in search of a runway. A plaque reads: "Reserved for voyagers of the universe".

I think it's cool that people actually have taken it upon themselves to build these sites, and there are many in existence globally. If there are any aliens watching us maybe they will see we aren't all bad. Either that or they will view it as weakness. Morbo Agrees!

My favourite part;

The local mayor liked the idea and decreed that extraterrestrial visitors would be exempt from airport tax and could take part in any local boules or mud-skating competitions.

The original article;

www.telegraph.co.uk...

MOD EDIT: Add proper EX tags to external material
Please read: Posting work written by others.

[edit on September 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good. The last part was funny. Now let's wait and see how the voting in Denver goes about...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thank you for that story! It made me smile and think about how great towns can be.

Yes. Cheers and thanks a lot.
Gris Gris

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
sounds like a big waste of money to me. what if the ship is a lot bigger than the landing pad? what if aliens finally do show up but they are only three inches tall and we find out that earth creatures are insanely huge compared to all other life in the universe? do you think the human race would feel self conscious about being so big? if aliens did land, i have the feeling they would look a lot like models you see on tv and in magazines. basically freakishly skinny with sunken in eyes and a substance abuse problem. speaking of that, can you imagine being taken up into a space craft by extraterrestrial beings only to find out that they have been abducting us to party and the reason abductees can't remember their experience is because they got too wasted and forgot. go ahead and laugh at my little theories here but the fact is that they are just as plausible as all of the other garbage people make up on here about aliens, their looks, and their agenda. if you truly believe others have been abducted and given information or contacted in any way by aliens and given information then you must be stupid enough to believe just about anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Well that may be the case, however the site has generated revenue for the local town as it has become somewhat of a tourist destination. They also have the option of having a UFO festival at any time they choose ,which could attract yet more tourists to the area improving the local infrastructure etc.

can you imagine being taken up into a space craft by extraterrestrial beings only to find out that they have been abducting us to party and the reason abductees can't remember their experience is because they got too wasted and forgot.

We can only hope...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Do ufos even need landing pads? I always thought they just hovered and come straight down.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
sounds like a big waste of money to me. what if the ship is a lot bigger than the landing pad? what if aliens finally do show up but they are only three inches tall and we find out that earth creatures are insanely huge... Cut

It's just for us earthlings to enjoy.

That is until "They" set down.

new topics

top topics

join