It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lying to our children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
While I understand both sides of the argument here, I must interject. I was brought up believing in Father Christmas, The Easter Bunny, and yes (gulp) The Tooth Fairy. While it added a sense of anticipation and joy for theiir appropriate events, I would hardly say it scarred me emotionally. When I grew old enough, my mother told me, and it stunk for the next holiday season. I never in any way regretted believing - it was a wonderful experience in every way while I truly believed. The night before Christmas when I couldn't sleep, and I swore that I heard Santa landing on the roof - precious memories I wouldn't trade for the world. I guess in the context of this thread that since these all are indeed premeditated "lies", that it is lying to your children. I for one though will treasure until I draw my last breath the days before our Holiday, and the look on my childrens face as they come down to see what SANTA has brought them

Yes I also was raised like this, honestly I can say it has no effect on me, as far as I can tell..... as far as I can tell... what if I were raised being told I can achieve anything, raised to fear no man, nor beast, raised being told I can heal, or control my physical self... or that I can improve myself constantly, raised to seek understanding, instead of raised to chase after falsehoods and the make believe raised to examine every moment for what it is, actual evolution, actually living... growing, evolving, elevating constantly.. instead those energies are taken and forced unwillingly.. creating potential occurances for energy sparks and unreason and unrest.... We are moving so quickly .. as if we have a need for improvement.. and like we have to speed towards a goal that can't be reached...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
what if I were raised being told I can achieve anything, raised to fear no man, nor beast, raised being told I can heal, or control my physical self... or that I can improve myself constantly, raised to seek understanding...

In that case, I believe, you would open your own company at the age of 16, become a millionaire by 20, then put it all aside by 25, start seeking for the "truth" and by ___ find it.

But if your parents did not rise you like that, you can always start riseing yourself that way.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

In that case, I believe, you would open your own company at the age of 16, become a millionaire by 20, then put it all aside by 25, start seeking for the "truth" and by ___ find it.

Right on Bratok!

I can only hope that most parents would raise their children with those beliefs.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Great thing about my parents is they kinda did let me raise myself.. they were always open to being wrong .. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join