It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Animals Predict Natural Disasters?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well my dog went into hiding last night and this morning once again for no explainable reason. I went away for a short while and came back. I turn on the news to find out that an automobile factory had exploded about five miles from my home. 9 people died.

This could have been what the dog was sensing. Could be possible.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

maybe
is ur doggy still stressed out
or is he back to normal?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

He's under the bed sleeping. I'm just letting him relax under there, not trying to bother him too much.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Last night, before he went into hiding, he was running around frantically trying to find a place to hide. He was even trying to get behind the t.v. and was knocking stuff over in the process. I've never seen him act like that before. Not to that extreme.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

First of all, I firmly believe that animals can detect unusual events. A few months ago we had an earthquake which is an unusual event here. A few minutes before the event my cat ran into the bedroom, pawed at me to wake up, and cuddled in my arms so I was holding him when the earthquake struck.

Having said that...I have a lot of dog knowledge. What your dog is doing and for how long the event is happening is pretty unusual. I would encourage you to think about a vet appointment just to rule anything out. It is often natural instinct to hide when an animal is sick.

Also, dogs between the ages of 7 weeks and 18 months old often go through what are known as "fear periods" and they exhibit behavior showing varying degrees of fear often to every day normal things they have known their whole lives. It is normal and may run the gambit from just being a little shy of something to running away or urinating in fear. If this is your dog's problem he is probably developed a fear of something in the house that is sending him to the closet. It could be anything and it doesn't have to be something new to the environment. Put your dog on a leash held loosely, and walk him around the house and see if something he sees sends him running for the closet. It doesn't hurt to lightly pat things and talk in a happy, upbeat voice to show him there is nothing to be afraid of. If this is the problem he should grow out of it.

Another thought is check for gas leaks if you have gas. He may be able to hear a very faint hissing sound you cannot pick up.

Oh, good luck. Sometimes we never solve the mystery but that is part of the fun of having canine companions!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My cat developed a behavior like that, and we took him to the vet...He had a disease, that would have killed him the next day if we 'd wait a one day more, it would have been too late...
I suggest taking him to the vet now... Just to check up

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Yeah, I see what you are saying, I will certainly keep an eye on him. He seems fine today.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Gas leak could be a good reason. I never though of that one, I will certainly look into it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
I wasn't sure where to post this, so move it, if you wish.

My dog has been acting strange lately. He continually hides in closets and won't come out on his own, not even to eat. When we do make him come out to go outside, he will tuck his tail under his legs and hide under chairs.

I have heard that dogs and other animals can predict natural disasters and googled it. Sure enough, they do exhibt this kind of behavior. So I was wondering what you all think about this? I can't think of any other reason he might be doing this. He appears to be in good health.

RE: As i have stated i have telepathic powers and am star child alien/human hybrid. Did you know aliens can communicate with animals telepathically? Animals have their own instincts and ways of communication than man, but sometimes when animals and man are together they can bond a special type of relationship and animals can sense when a human or other animal becomes injured or sick. The Chinese say dogs have healing powers, a just a few years ago it was discovered that people who own pets live healthier lives.
The blood of dogs was used to treat wounded soldiers in the Civil War to prevent infectious disease.

Can animals predict natural disaster? They do and they can which by acting out in certain ways they are trying to tell us something is wrong or danger is near. Deer's are like telepathic as well as the dolphins are and they have a special telepathic way of communicating their own breeds when danger is near. Birds have been know to fly away whenever a earthquake is about to happen. Animals of the wild will run together in groups whenever a forest fire is near. And as far as your dog, it may be lonely and need another dog friend. Have you recently moved? Sometimes moving to a different location can trigger this lonely effect. Sometimes the dog will go into some type of shelter when it becomes ill; this is their natural and way of telling you they are sick and need healing.

Can animals or dogs sense good from evil? Yes, they can, and whenever a evil presense is around they will act strangely or become to a attacking defense to warn all others there is danger around.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Celestian Falcon

You brought up an interesting point. Maybe dogs can sense when humans are sick. I have been very sick since he started going into hiding and now I'm getting better and my dog isn't hiding anymore. There could be something to that.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
this man would be more than happy to have a chat with u Op

top topics

<< 1   >>

join