It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair pelted with eggs and shoes at book signing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Tony Blair pelted with eggs and shoes at book signing

www.guardian.co.uk

Violent skirmishes broke out between protesters and police at the first public signing for Tony Blair's memoirs, with shoes and eggs hurled at the former prime minister.

Former prime minister attacked by anti-war protesters in Dublin as he promotes memoirs

Protesters shouted "Whose cops? Blair's cops!" as they taunted the gardai while Blair remained inside the bookshop. They also shouted: "Hey hey Tony hey, how many kids have you killed today?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Haha! poor Tony!

As much as I dislike the lying, conniving and manipulative SOB - I can't really say that I feel any more sorry for him that I already do.

The guy really thinks he's a Messiah and was delusional enough to also think that he would be President of the EU.

Thank God that didn't happen though!...yet!

He also in his own words say this from his memoir-book:

Tony Blair: Diana was a manipulator like me

When Diana, the 'People's Princess' died, Tony Blair felt a duty to 'protect the monarchy from itself'.

“We were both, in our own way, manipulators” — good at grasping the feelings of others and instinctively playing on them.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Yeah! this messiah also saved the British Monarchy!

Yeah! and thanks Tony you manipulator, you warmongering megalomaniac for all those 100.000's Iraqi refugees who came to our Scandinavian & other European countries from the war that you and your best pal GW said to be: "A mission from God"

How many refugees were helped by England and the US - how many did you take in from the illegal Iraq invasion/war?

This lying SOB belong in the Hague War Crime Tribunal together with the rest of the NeoConCabal of Megalomaniacs.

But It's now good to hear that he finally has some shoes and eggs thrown at him!

Yes! sorry to say this...but this delusional man deserves all the eggs and shoes in the world to be thrown at him.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Many pictures from this crazy event today, available now at: Belfast Telegraph:

Belfast Telegraph

PROTEST AT TONY BLAIR BOOK SIGNING IN DUBLIN

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I guess as far as eggs and shoes go, People in Iraq could only wish they were as lucky as Tony.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I saw this was already posted - sorry!

This is happening because the Breaking news fire-hose is gone i think?

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I saw the BBC coverage of his arrival at his book signing while I was having lunch, sandwhiched neatly between the New Zealand earthquake and the scandal over the match fixing in the cricket recently.
I have to say when I saw that he had been targeted by shoes eggs and similar projectiles, I was very happy about it, although I have to say that the fact that he was unscathed after the incident is a testament to the hippy patheticism of the protestors rather than to the skill of his security cordon.
Further , every single security agent, police man , and others who were there to support Blair ought to be ashamed of themselves. If the people wish a man to be covered in egg, let them be. The security services ought to be glad that no one who SERIOUSLY wanted his head was around.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Haha, that's great and you included the video! The protesters despised Blair so much that they even stood in the rain for a chance to beam him in the head, or is that how it always looks in England? Lucky.
I wonder if Blair actually got hit or dodged the shoes like Bush did in Iraq?

From article.

Activist Kate O'Sullivan, from Cork, attempted to make a citizen's arrest during the signing before Blair's security team dragged her away.

"I went up to him and I said 'Mr Blair, I'm here to make a citizen's arrest for the war crimes that you've committed'," said O'Sullivan, 24, a member of the Irish Palestine Solidarity Movement.

THAT'S SO AWESOME! I think the police should take citizen's arrests more seriously. After all, the police are people/citizens from the same country, and were mugged and lied to by Blair just like the rest of you. I think out of every country only the U.K./England could have stood up to halt our War on Terror.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Haha!
Thanks for this, that has just made my day
S+F

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

anyone else disapointed the real IRA didnt turn up with their gift packets for blair?

basterd was lucky it was just eggs and shoes

top topics

join