It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog saves allergic 9-year old from bees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Pinky,an 18 week old puppy,saves a little boy from a swarm of bees.
The boy had noticed the bees and the puppy attracted the bees away
from the boy.The boy was able to get inside away from the swarm.
At that time the boy didn't know that he was allergic to bees.The puppy,
was stung numerous times and both are doing well.

We have had so many threads about animal abuse,I thought this
story could brighten someone's day.If this has already been posted,
please delete.

news.yahoo.com...

There is a commercial before the video!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Awesome post! I wish everyone could experience the bond between dog and person.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

I have cats and they are like children to me.
Animals can really be a help to people.I really
liked the video and wanted to share it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Historically this is how Man began to value Dogs for hunting for they have much more acute hearing and smell than we do.

This puppy apparently heard the bees long before the boy did AND acted instinctively to get away from them !

This is exactly how animals survive in the wild and don't become another addition to the extinct species list.

It's also how they display their loyalty and appreciation to their owners.

Unfortunately, People don't give animals their due. They aren't necessarily dumb and stupid. Animals are all about existing and survival. They simply aren't motivated by money and materialism as we are, to do the things that we do.

Good post OP !

Go Buckeyes !

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ok people to inject a little reality into this the bees came started stinging the kid and puppy the puppy ran first most of the bees follow the puppy.
the kid im sure ran into the house screaming MOMMY .
now mom was on the job and noticed his reaction to the stings was sever and got him help quickly thous saving her kid.
Now I love giving credit were its due but in this case the only none who should get it is MOM as it was her quick action that saved the boy .
the puppy may have drawn off a few making the boy get stung less but when a person is allergic it only takes one sting to be a life and death thing .
Ps if you have a problem with this always carry benidril as it may very well save your life.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that Pinky is a Pit Bull. Unfortunately, the news service couldn't be bothered to mention this. Pinky isn't the only Pit Bull hero out there though. Positive Pit Bull Press

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i agree with xxcalbier on this one. I think the puppy was just getting the hell out of there rather than trying to save anyone. He was probably running for his life barking, "p*"s off! sting the boy, sting the bloody kid" !!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Maybe the bees went for the puppy as it was either moving faster,or giving of a bigger "fear signature."
I notice the folks who seem to get stung are those who freak out and start flapping about when a bee or wasp goes near them-If you remain calm and fearless,they won't hurt you.(unless you disturb a nest of course.)

Oh well nice hear a good bit of news for a change.
On a side note,my collie cross stuck his noz into a wasp nest when he was a curious pup-multiple stings and squels ensued,and the poor chap spent the afteroon looking like a pit bull his noz swelled that much.

Learned a lesson though.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Years ago I made a trip to the local rescue facility and brought home the most adorable brindle boxer/dob you could imagine. He had a white star on his chest so we named him Star. The apartment we lived in was infested with those awful wolf spiders and spiders are my one morbid fear. Anyone who knows wolf spiders knows they jump! Anyway, he was just three months old and I was standing at the sink doing dishes when a wolf spider came out of the bottom cupboard and I screamed. This puppy pounced on that spider and killed it! From that day on he was a spider killing machine.

A few years later my son and my husband's son were playing in the woods where they didn't belong. Star was with us just outside the woods. All of a sudden he took off like a shot to where the boys were and chased them out of the woods. Seems they'd dislodged a hornet's nest. Star got stung (guessing here) over 500 times but neither boy suffered a single sting. They were 6 and 7 years old. Star got taken to the vet and recovered well. To this day I'm convinced he heard the swarm and went to defend "his" boys! I miss that dog!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Man,.... that was heartwarming.

I wasn't sure what that sensation was, as my heart has been believed to be dead for quite some time.

... yup, it's there. well done.

.... u bastard.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Easily mans best friend. Probably always will be too.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great story and the unconditional love from a dog or any pet is many times the lifeblood for humans. Couldn't live without one ! My boxer is the love of my family and he also protects all of us . Nice to read a positive word of the dreded pit bull. I personally have known many different dogs and some of the pits are really good dogs. THEY ARE A DIRECT REFLECTION OF THIER MASTERS! Live to let live.
edit on 8-11-2010 by thorg because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by thorg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join