It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's snowing in Ontario.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I am here in Southern Ontario. And just for a moment, it started to snow. Its pretty cold, way colder than usual this time of year.

Anybody else feeling the cold? Are seasons a little off this year?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
what town?? In Windsor, London, Toronto, Collingwood, and Sarnia are around 15c (60's F). Thats in southern Ontario.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteblack

Kitchener. A large cloud passed through and it had freezing rain for the most part, but a bit of snow as well. Really small cloud, but it made it really windy and cold.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's absolutely freezing here too, in Helsinki, Finland. I was out picking berries yesterday and there was a fine drizzle coming down, but it was just too cold. It's as if the air has an extra coldness to it that doesn't usually appear for at least another month or so.

Things are changing fast.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
same here i live 20 miles north of syracuse ny. it has beer really warm here since march. we had a day hit 70 in march. its normally 30. its been hot all summer and now its not even over and we are getting wicked cold already. i too had a small black cloud come over and as soon as it did the temp doped from 85 to 70 ans started getting really windy. been a crazy year and its not over yet. i live in the lake snow belt too. it comes on worse than a blizzard. total white out and feet of snow over night. cant wait too see what this winter brings. its going to be good.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I just checked with Kitcheners' weather. It is 14c (58F) and party cloud 4:00am in Kitchener. Very odd that you saw snow there.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by whiteblack

Kitchener. A large cloud passed through and it had freezing rain for the most part, but a bit of snow as well. Really small cloud, but it made it really windy and cold.

How is it snowing/freezing rain when it's 55F / 13C ?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
we have had frost the last couple nights this week by edmonton alberta and the have been forcast for possible snow in September, thats not at all unusual for us. It would be unusualy if that snow stayed on the ground for the entire winter. The snow doesn't usually stick till October or November

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Plenty hot here in Florida. Painful during the day. I swear it at least cools down more at night more than the past several years, yet it's said that the summer this year is the hottest on record in South Florida. This is mid-Florida, but who knows. Maybe it's just been less humidity.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I am very pleased to say that in the UK we had a lovely hot and sunny day yesterday and although it is cooler today as it is cloudy it is still warm enough for t'shirts.

I think this is pretty normal for this time of year. We do seem to have an indian summer when the schools go back, although the nights are drawing in again and getting cooler. It has also been quite humid recently which makes it feel warmer.

I think people forget that summer starts on the 21 June (the summer solstice) when the sun is furthest from the celestial equator. Really the summer holidays should be in July here as we always seem to have hotter and sunnier weather in July than we do in August which is usually wetter.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by YarlanZey]

[edit on 4-9-2010 by YarlanZey]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
See? Al Gore was right when he said that cold weather proves that the planet is warming up.
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm in Toronto, and everything seems seasonal. I just came back from a weekend at Wasaga Beach in the worst wind I've experienced on Saturday. A guy running the store said he wouldn't be surprised if we saw some snow. Thanksfully, it didn't.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

no summer in santa barbara
second line.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm a little west of Kitchener and was at a BBQ last night. We were either huddled around a campfire or soaking in a hot tub because it was really cold last night.

Seeing how gandi posted the OP @ 2:46 AM, I wouldn't be surprised at all that it DID snow a little. There were lots of areas that got rained on overnight and this morning, so the precipitation was there. Also, Kitchener is at a fairly high elevation compared to the rest of the province (Dundalk being the highest), so cooler air would be normal.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I was in Qikiqtarjuaq, Nunavut, Canada in August 2010 and the weather started to get cold there very fast.
Keep in mind that this village is above the Arctic circle. 67*N
One day it was 12*C and the next there was a light snow.
Right now it is winter there with a couple feet of snow and they have little daylight with the sun rising late and setting very early; like around 3pm.

new topics

top topics

join