It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones victim of attack piece on ABC Nightline news last night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is sooooooooooo much propaganda in this video. It's the most biased "journalism" I've ever seen. They freakin even used a fat lens on AJ so he looked heavier.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow
There is sooooooooooo much propaganda in this video. It's the most biased "journalism" I've ever seen.

So Jones gets some of his own medicine back, and his acolytes have a whine about it!

As to the "fat lense" just have a look at www.google.com.au...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw= 1280&bih=834

He is that fat....

[edit on 3/9/10 by dereks]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I guess that he thought that making himself available to MSM would some how get more viewers, and now its back fired. I'm wondering how he didn't see that coming.

If we are to believe what he says, then why would he make himself an easy target, this IMO is helping people to think that people who care about the issues are crazy.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If they used a "fat lens" then Dan Harris must be anorexic.

While it was extremely biased, I did like the part where he brought up the article that Jones referenced in regards to a one child policy. I just wish we got to see Alex's real answer - there was an obvious edit at that part.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by DirtyPete]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Jones is no dummy. He gets the same treatment every time he does a MSM interview. This works to his advantage, because it proves everything he says about them, giving him credibility with his listeners, and gives him exposure to a new audience, who may check out his site out of curiosity. As they say in the biz, "any press is good press."

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
lets be real ... most of the things he reports are kind of happening, but most of the things are overrated too ... he puts a lot more spice in things

I dont know if it does because he is stupid, because he is crazy, or to get more viewers

the truth is that, he is still needed, since most people are clueless, and he gives hints to where they can start researching

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
To the world... Dont like something dont watch it ! dont listen to it ! This man has a belief many do follow. If you dont follow the belief turn the channel. If you want to stay in your matrix good for you. Remember the world is flat isnt it...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Christ, I thought Alex looked great...he must have choked down some chill pills so as not get hissy...HE WAS SERENE AND RADIANT...He could run for President on the basis of that "hit piece", they never laid a glove on him...

Go Alex, Go Alex, Go Go Go Alex ...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I actually think he comported himself quite well, and earned a bit of credit with me by admitting that he has "overstated" his case upon occasion in the past. I've always hated that aspect of his show. It makes the important things he's talking about seem less credible. He got a lot of important points made in a few minutes that many people may have not heard before. Nightline came off as dismissive and smug, which often works (neuro-linguistic programming) but I feel did not in this instance.

edit for grammar

[edit on 4-9-2010 by joechip]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yes, I seen him on National tv.
I have even watched some of his videos on utube.
Untill till he realized who controls the universe.
I'll give him NO credit.
My opinion, does he know that God is in control.
Does he think my father is asleep.
I know better.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

Really, Alex Jones is a fst ass. lol

The camera adds 10 pounds and Jones, well, he added his own 50 pounds himself.

Alex Jones. Oh, noes!! Robert Rodriguez was making a movie about illegsl Mexicans slicing up white people with machetes! Yikes!

There's going to be a horrible rsce war!

Just saw "Machete" today in the local theater. It was just a cool movie, and actually spoke out about the corruption in Mexico, and how it "might" spill over into the U.S.

Alex Jones attacks anyone he wants to. And gets away with it. Suddenly he should be sheided from other people's attacks?

Not even.

Alex Jones is getting "fat" off his particular brand of propaganda. I consider him as being on the same level as the fat Al Gore.

Nobody telling me, a slim person just getting by, while I do whatever I can to support my grown children and their kids, and they are just barely making it, just like me, can tell me I must do more! Take your fat ass out of here! Before I cut off a bit of that fat so I can fry up a bit of zuccini.

Just saying...............Alex Jones........heh heh heh

OH, the movie, Machete! It's going to cause race wars! Heh. It's just a movie. It's not real, folks. AJ railed against this movie! But if it causes some people to make a stand against the elitists, well, is that bad?

Alex Jones trashed. He does it to himself. He's a usefull idiot.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Did you guys notice that Jones was gettin close up video shots to his eyes? hummmm! this makes me wounder if they do that to show that he is not a hybrid, ha ha ha Alex I know your watching this and you will read my comment, we know what you are and we know what your agenda is, like you so proclaim your self to have.

People Alex Jones is right in your face and most of you don't wake up to the Big Bad Wolf or should I say HYBRID!

[edit on 4-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't know If it was that bias, if you think about what he says it is pretty fantastical. I'm not saying he is wrong or right in his accusations, but the reporter seems more skeptical then bias.

Any press is good press.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Machete was all a propaganda stunt on behalf of Alex Jones, how many times Alex brags about how many listeners does he gets a day in his radio show? tens of thousand or maybe millions right, so guess what! who are the first sheeps watching the movie Machete? Ohhh now you see.

I told you people Alex Jones is a con artist, a wolf in sheep skin (((WAKE UP )))

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
so they couldn't make him look like a kook... that crazy kook who wants "the bankers put in jail, the federal government made smaller and all corrupt wars ended." We need more kooks like Jones... he should be thanking ABC for the plug.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

So what is it exactly about AJ that you disagree with?
Can you list a couple of examples of deceit by this man you claim
is a wolf in sheeps clothing?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Go back to my post "Faces of Death" here on ATS I have all your answers there, happy reading and research.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This isn't a hit piece.

It's "Free Advertisement"!

No publicity is bad publicity!

Remember that!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Spencer Pratt? Really? Everyone in the US has heard that guy talk at least one time or another while watching tv, and I find it hard to believe that anyone who takes their cause seriously would invite someone like him to speak on behalf of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Spencer Pratt? Really? Everyone in the US has heard that guy talk at least one time or another while watching tv, and I find it hard to believe that anyone who takes their cause seriously would invite someone like him to speak on behalf of it.

True. The same thing can be said about his use of a celebrity like Charlie Sheen. Then there's Jesse Ventura......

There aren't any other celebrities or high-profile individuals with a respected name and reputation that have offered to align themselves with Alex Jones for a cause of this magnitude? Charlie, Jesse, and this Pratt guy? That leads me to believe that there may be a general consensus among such celebrity crowds that Jones doesn't represent the conspiracy causes in a manner that can be taken seriously. Just my opinion.

I will say, however, that Alex didn't come off as hardcore as he usually does, which didn't lend to the impact that the news program probably was shooting for with respect to making conspiracy theorists out to be idiots.

I disagree with some other members, however, on the issue of "Any publicity is good publicity." I don't think that's true with conspiracy theories and I cite Jesse Ventura's program as my example of this. I think that show made a mockery out of these topics and that the facts and the seriousness of the issues they covered were lost in all the overdramatization.

Overall, though, don't think this "hit pieceL did anything but prove the bias the media has over these topics. I do, however, question why Jones would put himself in a position of being a contributor to a hit piece when the person they're targeting for the hit is him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join