It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Rally Was Large, Vague, Moist & Undirected...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It was a party of white pity, with a few token, self-hating blacks trotted before the cameras to try and deflect such criticism.

At least now, we can make valid comparisons of Beck's rally to those held in Nazi Germany and he can't complain and point to the rallies that were held for Obama.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think this video shows an average slice of America, there are millions of people who agree with the sentiments espoused upon it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
people probably showed up because the want to do something. You culd have had anyone giving a speech. If it was about protecting freedom and saving America, people would have showed up. I can't imagine hundreds of thousands showed up for Glenn. Ughg... I may have to call out of work all next week now.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
people probably showed up because the want to do something. You culd have had anyone giving a speech. If it was about protecting freedom and saving America, people would have showed up. I can't imagine hundreds of thousands showed up for Glenn. Ughg... I may have to call out of work all next week now.

I just find it amusing these people claim they want "America back." Back to what? I'm sorry, but I want my country progress forward...not go back to the time of Bush or before.

These idiots can't handle any kind of change....they want the government out of their lives unless it benefits THEM...Then they're ok with governmental interference.

Hypocrisy and moronic behavior is what the Restoring Honor rallying was about.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
But, Glenn Beck himself is on tape saying he is/was "reclaiming the civil rights movement". you can witness Glenn Beck himself saying this the weeks leading up to the 8-28 rally in Jon Stewart's the Daily Show link in one of my above posts, i believe.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

Do you have a link for that Esoteric Teacher? I was unable to locate it, so I can't really formulate an opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I want my country progress forward...not go back to the time of Bush or before.

We all do. The problem is defining progress, and then consulting the Constitution as to how government can participate and to what degree.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

I want my country progress forward...not go back to the time of Bush or before.

We all do. The problem is defining progress, and then consulting the Constitution as to how government can participate and to what degree.

I 100% agree.

Although, the Constitution is a bit outdated on certain issues, we must still abide by it and not let any governmental figure manipulate or violate it. That includes the few Conservatives who want to change the 14th Amendment.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
One thing that I have a problem with is that people feel that only a black person has the right to lead a rally on the anniversary of the great MLK "I have a dream" speech. The whole point of that speech was the desire for a nation where people were not judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character. So, please stop the "white-pity" crap. That, more than any rally, dishonors the memory of that event. If you have a problem with specifics of what was said, and I can come up with a few myself, then address those. Don't cast a broad net over the people who attended and then imply that the reason for the chosen date was racist. I would hazard a guess that the racial diversity for the Beck rally was more inclusive than the counter rally held on the same day.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by soontide]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by soontide
One thing that I have a problem with is that people feel that only a black person has the right to lead a rally on the anniversary of the great MLK "I have a dream" speech.

how many people can say this out loud with an honest expression on their face?

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck

something about it just sounds wrong to me.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It seems like the Glenn Beck fans really want to compare themselves to the Blacks during the Civil Rights movement. Why? Because they feel the government is against them.

Instead back in reality, they are a minority that no one cares about. They belong in the same boat as...let's say Jim Jones' camp.

I can't wait until they drink the kool aid. Just let me know when it's time to celebrate.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Instead back in reality, they are a minority that no one cares about. They belong in the same boat as...let's say Jim Jones' camp.

For a group nobody cares about, an awful lot of people seem rather preoccupied with them. That we're even talking about them is testimony to that fact.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is doing his job - to derail and discredit the legitimate grass roots citizenry who are tired of the warfare/welfare state. Our present federal government is lawless and must be reigned in or we will all suffer the consequences. The two parties are two heads of one beast and the federal reserve system is its heart. Kill the Fed!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Taking America Back.

They want America Back.

Back by definition implies not forward, not front.

So what these people are in essence saying is, we do not want Amnerica Forward, We do not want America Front. They do not want America forward, they do not want to take America front.

Linguistics will shed some light on most any topic.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think that the Hitchens article is spot on, and all the evidence you need is on ATS. White Americans (not all, but an unpleasantly large proportion) are afraid of losing their privileged demographic majority. They rail against illegal immigrants, and yet they do not discriminate between legal and illegal Hispanic residents of the US; look at how the Arizona law subjects citizens to a humiliating identity check just because they look foreign. They rail against Muslims undermining American values, but as the videos above show, they are absolutely ignorant about Muslim values - how do they know that they are incompatible with Christian and Secular America? All the evidence suggests that racists are piggybacking the Tea Party movement to make their irrational, knee-jerk reactionary xenophobia appear more credible.

Now, I know what apologists will say, as I've seen it all before. "There are [brown people] supporting our movement! We must not be racist if we allow [brown people] into our club!" That is not a proof that Tea Partiers are not racist. It just shows that the racist ones can tolerate brown people as long as they are an insignificant minority, easily disenfranchised and prevented from imposing their own prejudices on the majority. Remember Jim Crow? Racist, segregationist White Americans LOVE black people - as long as they are rendered harmless, politically useful tokens; Sambos.

Racists have learned to hide their despicable views underneath many layers of obfuscating false rhetoric. Why has this changed? Because racists have media personalities like Glenn Beck to feed them talking points that skirt around outright racial remarks by using flowery euphemisms instead. Whenever someone pokes holes in this veil of bull, they resort to denial - "No sir, I'm not a racist! I just want my country to stay the way it was when I was a kid [and you didn't see or hear black people, 'Mexicans,' or Chinese, and there were no Muslims]."

What else could these baby boomers mean by their appeal to nostalgia? "I want people to honour American again, like when I was a kid and we recited the pledge of allegiance." Do they want empty ritual, is that it? Do they want unflagging patriotism installed in children by state indoctrination? Their other arguments would have you believe that they are against indoctrination, but as has been pointed out so often, they love the things they claim to hate, as long as it privileges themselves.

When they say "Why do Muslims need another mosque?" aren't they really saying that they wouldn't mind demolishing one? Or two? Or three dozen?

When they say "Obama was born in Kenya" aren't they really saying that they don't want to serve a black man?

When they say "Multiculturalism doesn't work" aren't they really saying that the races shouldn't mix?

When they say "We should shoot and kill illegal immigrants on sight" aren't they really saying that 'Mexicans' aren't human beings?

Now, I could go on and on about how they have been trained to obscure their latent White Nationalism, but instead I want to get to the point. The point is that racists have been re-trained, re-educated, indoctrinated by men like Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter* so that they become 'secret agents' of White Nationalism. Their desire for a White, Protestant American Theocracy has been translated into the language of the Tea Partiers by these demagogues (more importantly, by their scripters and ghostwriters), who happily feed it back into the Movement.

What most Tea Partiers don't understand (I am trying to be generous here) is that these racial values have been woven into their movement by the pundits that have seized it for their own purposes. Tea Partiers that do not consider themselves racists are now spewing coded racism! They just don't realize it because it has been so well hidden; they are mnemonic triggers meant to send White Nationalists and latent racists into a frothing rage.

*zing!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

"...aren't they really saying..."

Excuse me for saying so,but it sounds like something a paranoid schizophrenic would say! Imagining "racism" behind every statement!

Wow!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join