It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interdimensional Telephone possibilities!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

"someone could devise a machine that lets one universe communicate with another."

Source

Yes, I am aware that the multi-verse concept is not new. I am aware that the "recent" proof of multiple dimensions proven by quantum physicists at the University of California are not actually that "recent". So instead of focusing on mult-verse or time travel, I'd rather focus on the above quote from the article.

The fact that they have already proven multiple dimensions possible is shocking enough, but to imagine a device to communicate with another realm, in the words of an actual physicist, is just unbelievable!

I don't know a whole lot about physics, and I have just a recent interest in it, and have begun to do a little research (i/e physics for dummies type stuff) but I would love to hear any input from someone with a little experience in the subject.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

my mind just went into backflips trying to figure out if we could even be able to communicate with something from a different reality at all. Could it be possible without a common frame of reference?
Love the idea tho, imagine the pizza from a different multiverse!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well I try to believe anything is possible, although not always probable, and has always been my life long motto.

But just think 100 years ago, some of the things we have now that no one could even begin to imagine!

I think the discovery of the possibility of multi-verses is a huge step in the right direction!

Even if the first communication is a ringing piece of needle! Can you imagine what that must have looked like on the other dimension where a random piece of metal started shaking out of nowhere?!

And even more, if we already made that discovery a few years ago, I wonder what kind of secretive government progress has been made and not talked about!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just imagine the possibilities..

I can call myself on another dimension...ask him if should I get pizza or not!..xD

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

secret government stuff, for all we know they've been doing it for years. Maybe all the disappeared people have really been dumped into another planet just so they can see what would happen, hell the possibility's are endless, especially if the public hasn't known so they've had no moral compass forced onto them, then again maybe this is all new to them to!
hey I could sneak through and swapped my old kombi for when she was made!!!!!!! brilliant!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Uhhh, I hate to burst FoxNews' bubble, but that experiment most certainly did NOT prove the existence of multiple dimensions. It proved the concept of supersymmetry, where objects can simultaneously exist in multiple states. These states all exist in our universe however - that's the weirdness of quantum physics. When you go to a small enough scale, the very fabric of matter and energy becomes more a haze of potential wavestates rather than a strict matrix of solid objects.

It's ludicrous to think that this even hints at parallel dimensions. If the object was vibrating in a parallel dimension, how do you suppose they detected that? Rhetorical question - they didn't.

edited to elaborate a bit.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
Uhhh, I hate to burst FoxNews' bubble, but that experiment most certainly did NOT prove the existence of multiple dimensions. It proved the concept of supersymmetry, where objects can simultaneously exist in multiple states. These states all exist in our universe however - that's the weirdness of quantum physics. When you go to a small enough scale, the very fabric of matter and energy becomes more a haze of potential wavestates rather than a strict matrix of solid objects.

It's ludicrous to think that this even hints at parallel dimensions. If the object was vibrating in a parallel dimension, how do you suppose they detected that? Rhetorical question - they didn't.

edited to elaborate a bit.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Son of Will]

Wow...way to be a Debbie Downer...I bet Santa Clause never stopped by your place as a kid!

And to be honest it's not, as you put it, a "Fox News bubble". That is just one of many reports of the experiments at the University of California.

It's ludicrous to think that this even hints at parallel dimensions.

And are you kidding me? It may not directly prove the existence of multiple dimensions, but it certainly does hint at parallel dimensions!

A phenomenon called time dilation is the key here. Time passes more slowly the closer you approach the speed of light -- an unbreakable cosmic speed limit. As such, the hands of a clock in a speeding train would move more slowly than those in a stationary clock. The difference would not be humanly noticeable, but when the train pulled back into the station, the two clocks would be off by billionths of a second. If such a train could attain 99.999 percent light speed, only 1 year would pass on board for every 223 years back at the train station.

Source

but as one physicist put it:

Although direct experimental testing of String Theory involves grand explorations and development in engineering, there are several indirect experiments that may prove partial truth to String Theory.

I don't believe I ever said it was proven, but it was a possibility

And as easily as you can say there is no proof that time travel or multidimensions exist, I can say prove that it doesn't.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, I dunno about the OP's theory but there is the story about Steve Fossett being excited by the discovery of another dimension and supposedly calling his wife from there after he went missing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
An interdimensional communication device?
Someone better call Water Bishop and Agent Dunham.
On second thoughts-maybe thats a BAD idea.

new topics

top topics

join