It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Gun Shops Should Cease Selling To Hispanics Immediately

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pivilu

That story is unrelated to the OP story, which you obviously did not listen to considering it took place in Texas.

As for the charge of racism, you are a racist bigot for calling me a racist bigot.

If you didn't hate white people, you wouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that I am a racist.

Considering that my best friend and god daughter are both Hispanic, I can only assume you are a bigot.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
post by mnemeth1

I do concede that my post was incorrect. I edited the original post, to no avail. However, here goes nothing.

www.590klbj.com...

It states that Mr. Copeland is an independent firearm dealer, which probably means he didn't have a FFL. Again, he can have a second and third day in court. God bless the judicial system.

You are equating "Hispanic" with being brown. That is racist. Describing your actions, doesn't make me a racist. I am being descriptive, not insulting.

BTW, I'm white.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pivilu
post by mnemeth1

I do concede that my post was incorrect. I edited the original post, to no avail. However, here goes nothing.

www.590klbj.com...

It states that Mr. Copeland is an independent firearm dealer, which probably means he didn't have a FFL. Again, he can have a second and third day in court. God bless the judicial system.

You are equating "Hispanic" with being brown. That is racist. Describing your actions, doesn't make me a racist. I am being descriptive, not insulting.

BTW, I'm white.

Again, I am not equating being Hispanic with being brown, the federal government is equating being Hispanic with being brown.

Specifically they are equating being brown with being an illegal Mexican, and as such, have sent an innocent man to prison because of this.

Your logic fails.

And you can be white and hate white people. Most statists I know are white and are loaded with self-hate.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In my opinion,

they should stop selling guns altogether. But, the gun crisis here in America is so out of control, there's no point.

Logic has been thrown out the window a very long time ago.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
In my opinion,

they should stop selling guns altogether. But, the gun crisis here in America is so out of control, there's no point.

Logic has been thrown out the window a very long time ago.

I think the best place to start is with the police and military.

Once we disarm the police and military, we can then start to talk about disarming civilians.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I say we prohibit the sale of guns to people with the tendencies of the OP here.

Otherwise there'll be a whole lot of dead minorities.

At least you showed us your true colors, finally, OP.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
For what it is worth, every poster who has called the OP racist has, in my estimation, decreased their own reputation by playing to a fallacy of the lowest order.

Thumbs down, people. Find a mirror and take a long hard look.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If you dont have a FFL you should use great care in selling a firearm to anyone. period...period..PERIOD. Without a liscence you dont have the ability to have the purchaser fill out a yellow sheet and have the sale approved.

It is legal to sell to anyone of age but ignorance is no excuse .

If I sell a firearm to someone that turns out to be a felon, I could face charges for it. Even if they told me they were legal beagle.

If someone breaks into your house and steals your gun and commits a crime with it, you could possibly face charges. It sounds crazy , but what doesnt?

This vet your talking about obviously wasnt a dealer, and also he obviously didnt know this fellow well enough to know he was an illegal, this shows irresponsibility on the part of the vet. And irresponsibility + firearms = bad shi#.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
For what it is worth, every poster who has called the OP racist has, in my estimation, decreased their own reputation by playing to a fallacy of the lowest order.

Thumbs down, people. Find a mirror and take a long hard look.

I kind of did this as a little social experiment.

Like yourself, I am able to draw some logical conclusions about the cognitive abilities of the people who frequent the forum here.

Right now, we are at a ratio of 4.1 to 1

That is to say, only 1 out of every 4.1 persons that frequents this board has the cognitive ability to logically process the information provided and arrive at a rational conclusion based on that information.

I really do think society is regressing.

It will not be long now before the English language is reduced to grunting and facial expressions.

The internet will have to be modified to accommodate the future devolution of Americans in this regard.

Perhaps keyboards with shiny pictures replacing letters and microphones that can process grunting noises into pictographs.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45

If you dont have a FFL you should use great care in selling a firearm to anyone. period...period..PERIOD. Without a liscence you dont have the ability to have the purchaser fill out a yellow sheet and have the sale approved.

It is legal to sell to anyone of age but ignorance is no excuse .

If I sell a firearm to someone that turns out to be a felon, I could face charges for it. Even if they told me they were legal beagle.

If someone breaks into your house and steals your gun and commits a crime with it, you could possibly face charges. It sounds crazy , but what doesnt?

This vet your talking about obviously wasnt a dealer, and also he obviously didnt know this fellow well enough to know he was an illegal, this shows irresponsibility on the part of the vet. And irresponsibility + firearms = bad shi#.

In this case, an FFL would not have protected him.

Since he was conducting a private sale outside of a gun shop, the feds would have still won a conviction based on the fact the illegal that bought the weapon was brown.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

If he had an FFL and was doing off the books sales he should have been more careful who he was selling to. Why would a reputeable dealer sell to someone he or she didnt know without conducting a background check? Unless there was something shady going on. Like trying to avoid sales tax or the like. I dont see where color had anything to do with this.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If he had an FFL and was doing off the books sales he should have been more careful who he was selling to. Why would a reputeable dealer sell to someone he or she didnt know without conducting a background check? Unless there was something shady going on. Like trying to avoid sales tax or the like. I dont see where color had anything to do with this.

You don't see why color has something to do with this for one of two reasons:

1. You didn't listen to the case study presented by the attorney in the video that was posted in the OP.

2. You are simply not capable of processing the information provided.

If the answer is one, the simple remedy for this situation is to watch the video.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I think you're right. In spite of many people, yourself included, explaining exactly what you were doing in your OP, most are too stubborn to admit wrong and continue arguing their completely ill-founded opinions. I find that an even poorer indicator of people's mentality than simply jumping to the incorrect conclusion.

Knee jerk reactions are why the wrong thing happens. Like the "whittler" in Seattle that was killed, and partially deaf, bad things can happen to good people when others don't invest the time to find out what's REALLY going on.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Why would an illegal alien have a valid license? Since license are only supposed to be given to citizens... what was the first thing to break down here?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

I think you're right. In spite of many people, yourself included, explaining exactly what you were doing in your OP, most are too stubborn to admit wrong and continue arguing their completely ill-founded opinions. I find that an even poorer indicator of people's mentality than simply jumping to the incorrect conclusion.

Knee jerk reactions are why the wrong thing happens. Like the "whittler" in Seattle that was killed, and partially deaf, bad things can happen to good people when others don't invest the time to find out what's REALLY going on.

Yeah, it takes several logical steps to arrive at the correct conclusion based on just the words I posted.

The words I posted in the OP presented everything a person with the ability to logically process information would need to know in order to have a general understanding of what's going on.

They would know, even without watching the video, that the federal government sent a person to prison for selling a gun to an illegal immigrant, even though that illegal had presented a valid license to the dealer.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So the lawyers used ethnicity to convince the jury that he should have known this was an ilegal. So what? Thats what lawyers do...whatever they have to. And yes I watched the video, and Im running for the pepto as we speak. Bottom line, this guy made a poor judgement and paid for it. Alot of people have done the same thing without consequence. Maybe this will wake the weekend gun dealers up to the fact that they indeed have responsibility when transferring firearms, and they will be held accountable for thier greed.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

even though that illegal had presented a valid license to the dealer.

you said yourself that the guy wasnt a dealer,. Which is it?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So the lawyers used ethnicity to convince the jury that he should have known this was an ilegal. So what? Thats what lawyers do...whatever they have to. And yes I watched the video, and Im running for the pepto as we speak. Bottom line, this guy made a poor judgement and paid for it. Alot of people have done the same thing without consequence. Maybe this will wake the weekend gun dealers up to the fact that they indeed have responsibility when transferring firearms, and they will be held accountable for thier greed.

Ummm so you're saying the guy should be locked up, even though he was presented a valid state ID by the illegal, for selling a weapon to an illegal, simply because the illegal was brown?

Yet in the same breath you call me a racist?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

even though that illegal had presented a valid license to the dealer.

you said yourself that the guy wasnt a dealer,. Which is it?

Anyone that sells anything can be considered a "dealer".

The word "dealer" and having an FFL are not synonymous.

As I pointed out previously, having an FFL wouldn't have made one bit of difference in this case since it was a private sale.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Yet in the same breath you call me a racist?

Sho-Me where I have called you anything but sir or mam? You cant.

This person sold a firearm to someone who turned out to be ineligible for firearms ownership in the USA. A drivers liscense is not enough to determine this for the average citezen.

The gentleman should have been more careful about who he sold a firearm to.

A person who is not a FFL holder IMHO should never buy or sell weapons to ANYONE they dont know personally. I understand it happens all the time, but that is no excuse, its just to big of a risk. There are elements to this story that are absent, such as type and price of firearm, where the two met, where the transaction took place, what other firearms this guy had in his possession...I mean come on SIR or MAM.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join