It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Gun Shops Should Cease Selling To Hispanics Immediately

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Completely off-topic, but Canadians have accents?

Yeah, you know, "aboot" and "eh" and all that? hahahaha

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Juries don't care about Canadians, and neither do the Feds.

How do you NOT see the racism in what you are saying??? The point is that the gun was sold to an illegal immigrant, are there not illegal immigrants from Canada as well?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

How do you NOT see the racism in what you are saying??? The point is that the gun was sold to an illegal immigrant, are there not illegal immigrants from Canada as well?

Ummm, I'm not the one that is sending people to prison for selling to brown people with valid state licenses that speak English.

I think you are confused as to who the racists are.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As much as I detest guns and see no reason for anyone except cops to have handguns, I fail to see how the ATF won this conviction. The illegal alien admitted to ICE that he was illegal, before he bought the gun. Somehow ICE let him go and after he testified against the guy who sold him the gun, he was allowed to walk out of the courtroom. Seems to me the justice system has its priorities all mixed up.

As for this thread, refusing to sell legal guns to anyone based on his or her ethnicity would get one in real hot water.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
People calling Menmeth a racist need to take a break off the internet and maybe read a difficult book. Or take an English class. Or do something, just stop sucking at reading comprehension and establishing the context to what is being said.

He's saying that, due to the fact that a man was arrested on absolutely no fault of his own, the precaution necessary would be to stop selling to Hispanics.

Beyond that, what Mnemeth is ACTUALLY saying due to the tongue-in-cheek nature of what he said and how he said it, he's criticizing the bureaucracy involved in this arrest as prove positive such an overwhelming system is not in the interest of justice what so ever.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
As much as I detest guns and see no reason for anyone except cops to have handguns, I fail to see how the ATF won this conviction. The illegal alien admitted to ICE that he was illegal, before he bought the gun. Somehow ICE let him go and after he testified against the guy who sold him the gun, he was allowed to walk out of the courtroom. Seems to me the justice system has its priorities all mixed up.

As for this thread, refusing to sell legal guns to anyone based on his or her ethnicity would get one in real hot water.

Refusal to sell based on race will not result in a 6 month federal prison sentence.

Hence, it is safer to not sell to a Hispanic than to take the chance and sell.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Are you saying that you personally believe gun shops should stop selling to Hispanics, or are you making a satiric post? Because it sure sounds to me like you are saying you believe gun owners should not sell guns to Hispanic people simply because they are brown, or am I misunderstanding your entire point? If that is your point, and you don't see the racism in it, I don't know what to say to you.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That would not be fair for me.
I'm 100% Mexican, but I'm a legal citizen of the United States. And I would really like to own a couple of guns for sport and the accompanying badass stats.
Plus, I'm a GIRL.
I'm not that dangerous... Heh! XD

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Ummm, I'm not the one that is sending people to prison for selling to brown people with valid state licenses that speak English.

I think you are confused as to who the racists are.

What about other "brown people", Native American? South Asian? etc etc etc

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Jesus christ.

Can someone sticky this thread for proof positive 75% of the people who post on this site don't know how to read?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Are you saying that you personally believe gun shops should stop selling to Hispanics, or are you making a satiric post? Because it sure sounds to me like you are saying you believe gun owners should not sell guns to Hispanic people simply because they are brown, or am I misunderstanding your entire point? If that is your point, and you don't see the racism in it, I don't know what to say to you.

I'm saying that if you sell to a Hispanic looking person that presents a valid state license and speaks English, you could go to federal prison for 6 months.

That is what I am saying.

link   
reply to post by Whyhi

well, it all depends on what part of the country, or world you live in
i went to visit my dads family in arkansas, and i was the one with the silly accent!

to the OP, there are ways to find out if someone is in america illegally.. how would the store owner get caught if there wasnt any way to check this information?

SeekerofTruth- that outline seems very plausible. we better stock up on guns and ammo while we still can!

link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Jesus christ.

Can someone sticky this thread for proof positive 75% of the people who post on this site don't know how to read?

I figured I'd get this kind of response.

I blame public schools for this.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

If that is your point

PROTIP: That isn't his point.

Try reading the thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal

What about other "brown people", Native American? South Asian? etc etc etc

You shouldn't sell to Native Americans because many Hispanics look like Indians.

Asians, you should be OK if they don't have an accent.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

In the other posters' defence, you did not post any article to accompany your OP. Had you done so, people might have realized you were being facetious

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

In the other posters' defence, you did not post any article to accompany your OP. Had you done so, people might have realized you were being facetious

I'm not being facetious in the slightest.

If you sell to a Hispanic looking person that presents a valid state license and speaks English, you could go to federal prison for 6 months.

I'm being ENTIRELY SERIOUS - YOU SHOULD NOT SELL TO THEM.

SELL TO THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.

link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Jesus christ.

I figured I'd get this kind of response.

I blame public schools for this.

It's true.

I came out of that system recently. The concepts of critical thinking, reading comprehension, and logic weren't heavily touched upon.

Actually, I don't think we ever used those words.

link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I understand what is trying to be said. I am also pointing out the racism in it.

In that, the OP assumes that all illegal immigrants are brown. Therefore, decides to 'take precaution' and not sell to brown people since they are brown. That is racist. I can see how it is a dig on the bureaucracy, doesn't change the fact that advocating not selling guns to people just because they are a certain color is racist.

link   
What an interesting social experiment this is turning out to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join