It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Gun Shops Should Cease Selling To Hispanics Immediately

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
so if you didnt get it.

it was compleate and total bull excrement what i said.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

I often get denied buying firearms because they think Im a Taliban

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i love this guys threads haha.. HELP AN OLD LADY CROSS THE STREET = GET BURNT TO DEATH WITH NAPALM!! GO TO THE GROCERY STORE = GET KICKED REPEATEDLY IN THE NUT$ BY POLICE OFFICERS!!! MAIL A LETTER TO YOUR AUNT = GET BEATEN THEN STRANGLED TO DEATH

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
and what of the hispanic firearmers dealers?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by mnemeth1

5th, for proving that we SHOULD have limits to rights of certain people. For all people that believe that rights should be licensed or whatever, THEY should have ONLY privileges. They are too dangerous to give rights to.

There is a certain kind of mental illness that is intentionally left untreated in the West because it is politically useful to have those so afflicted participating in society; they always want more cameras pointed at them, more rules to follow, more rulers to lead them, they want to be dominated by men who take their pay from the government and they can be used to limit the freedoms of all by lending their voice to the false consensus.

When you hear someone on TV saying "I've got nothing to hide, I don't mind the scanners"... you know you are dealing with one of the afflicted.

I hope one day a treatment can be devised for these people. A pill or talk-therapy or something, because they are helping to facilitate the police state and are a threat to us all.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
and what of the hispanic firearmers dealers?

They shouldn't sell to any Hispanic that's not a family member.

The reason why a gun dealer can't sell to a Hispanic is because he has no way to verify that the Hispanic is in the country legally.

Since the feds just proved that state issued identification doesn't matter, there is no way for them to know with certainty that the Hispanic isn't a Mexican national.

If the feds say a drivers license isn't good enough, then nothing is good enough.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Erm... how about the government would stop to sell guns like candy to anyone AT ALL? I mean, hispanic or not, a lunatic with a gun will always be a lunatic, and yet people discuss "oh no go, he's arabic, or hispanic, or whatsoever". You're like jealous kids: all the toys have to be yours or else...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Faustian Spirit

If you are American, please read the 2nd Amendment. If you are not American, still read the 2nd Amendment.

Then, once informed, come back to discuss. If, for some reason, it is not more clear to you at such a point, I will refer you to Exhuberant1's post above.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I read most of this thread, and would like to point out, if not already done, one of the key items that seems to have been missed. It is one simple word.

Gunshow.

Correct me if I am wrong about Texas, but in my state, there are no background checks required for purchasing handguns or any other weapons, including fully automatics.

And here is a link to the introduction of a bill about non-performance of background checks at gunshows, not yet passed:

usgoGun... Show Background Check Bill Introduced

Would extend Brady Act criminal checks to gun showsvinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa050401a.htm

On April 24, 2001, Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI) introduced bill S. 767 - The Gun Show Background Check Act of 2001. The bill is intended to prevent persons with criminal backgrounds now prohibited from buying firearms in stores from doing so at guns shows, flea markets, and other organized events. The Republican cosponsor of the bill is Sen. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island.

(snip)

In introducing the bill, Sen. Reed stated, "I am introducing this legislation today to renew the process we started two years ago of bringing some common sense to our gun laws by closing a loophole that has allowed -- and even encouraged -- criminals to buy firearms at gun shows."

So, as far as I am able to understand, he was not legally bound, under the current gun show laws, to perform any background check as say a dealer in a shop is required to do.

Many people use this loophole to buy handguns/pistols without having to go through the background check system in my state, which is exactly the premise of the propoed bill I quoted above.

Also, from further reading, it looks like they do stings at these shows, simply to harrass and prosecute people nefariously.

Instead of not selling to people that "look illegal", I think the best advice would have been "to not sell at gunshows".

But, that's just IMO.

Unless there is more evidence, his attorney clearly sucked, and the courts loose.

www.gunshowundercover.org...
[edit on 6-9-2010 by Libertygal]

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

If you are American, please read the 2nd Amendment. If you are not American, still read the 2nd Amendment.

Then, once informed, come back to discuss. If, for some reason, it is not more clear to you at such a point, I will refer you to Exhuberant1's post above.

I happen to know your constitution, and I'm not debating that you don't have the right to own a gun (you do in deed according to the second amendment), what I'm saying is that you create stupid rules (er... like allowing almost any citizen to own a gun), and then you arrest citizens because they sold a gun to a hispanic citizen? I mean... was the hispanic citizen a legalized american citizen as also or an illegal one? I'm just trying to say your constitution should be changed, that's all. Compare the number of deaths per year due to fire arms in the U.S. and in the rest of the world and you'll see what I mean. Peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
And I answered my own question:

Presently, 17 states regulate private firearm sales at gun shows on their own. Seven states require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows (California, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Oregon, New York, Illinois and Colorado). Four states (Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) require background checks on all handgun, but not long gun, purchasers at gun shows. Five states require individuals to obtain a permit to purchase handguns that involves a background check (Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Iowa, Nebraska). Certain counties in Florida require background checks on all private sales of handguns at gun shows. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of firearms at gun shows in any manner.[15][16].

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems the "looking illegal" part was the only way they were able to nab him. So the OP stands, as far as I am concerned, just a difference of opnions as to the advice is all.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faustian Spirit

Compare the number of deaths per year due to fire arms in the U.S. and in the rest of the world and you'll see what I mean. Peace.

Gun are supposed to kill people and animals.

People use them for self-defence and hunting and even to kill themselves when they get back from Europe.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Faustian Spirit

Compare the number of deaths per year due to fire arms in the U.S. and in the rest of the world and you'll see what I mean. Peace.

Gun are supposed to kill people and animals.

People use them for self-defence and hunting and even to kill themselves when they get back from Europe.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Exuberant1]

Wrong. Stupid people are supposed to kill humans with weapons, as for animals depends on the situation. There's only one exception in killing a human being with a weapon: when your own life depends on it, and even still it depends a lot. Other than that, it's just poor thinking, which some americans excel at, like you. As for killing yourselves when you return from europe, well, better kill yourselves in your country than in ours.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Gun ownership is a right, not a privilege.

And, being a right given to us by our Creator, should not be limited to just US citizens.

So our 'creator' gave us the right to own firearms? This is just wrong on so many levels.

So...What if I dont believe in your 'creator'? Man that statement is just scary. Very scary. Some invisible hoodoovoodoo man said "I hereby bestow upon you the right to own a firearm" HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45

And, being a right given to us by our Creator, should not be limited to just US citizens.

So our 'creator' gave us the right to own firearms? This is just wrong on so many levels.

So...What if I dont believe in your 'creator'? Man that statement is just scary. Very scary. Some invisible hoodoovoodoo man said "I hereby bestow upon you the right to own a firearm" HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

So you don't have a right to defend yourself?

Of course you do, you just think you have a right to defend yourself with a baseball bat instead of a firearm.

Logically, this makes no sense.

There is no difference between hands, a baseball bat, or a firearm

None.

The use of hands puts the elderly and the weak at a disadvantage, as does the use of a baseball bat.

The only true force equalizer is a firearm.

Therefore, if one believes they have a right to defend themselves, one ultimately must believe in the right to carry a gun if one is to be logically consistent.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm a little uneasy with the blatant racism that this act was based on really.

I mean, don't sell to hispanics cause some schmuck fed might have a quota to fill out for the month?

That's just silly.

Why didn't the gun shop owner check the driver's license? Isn't there a checks and balance system in place with all the gun control laws in order to see if you are legal or not.

And how is it the owner's fault if the Hispanic actually provided a VALID driver's license? How does an illegal go abou GETTING a VALID driver's licence?

All of this is ridiculous.

But end result is the same in this case, it is certainly a racist practice, even if you are afraid of going to jail. You should not punish the Hispanic, you should be venting your anger at the people who created the system.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Please take the time to answer ALL the questions in the quote you are responding to.
If you happen to be responding to a quote that asks multiple questions and only answer one of them, please verify that the question(s) you are ignoring are not intrinsically related to the one you are answering.

So again...
Why would an illegal alien have a valid license? Since license are only supposed to be given to citizens... what was the first thing to break down here?

[edit on 9/5/2010 by abecedarian]

Answer to question 1.

The gentleman had no way of knowing wether the liscense was 'valid' or not. So an illegal alien would not have a 'valid' liscense

Answer to question 2

The first thing to break down was the assumption on the offenders part that what he was shown was indeed a 'valid' liscense.

laters

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

he did check the drivers licence.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You are taking it to a context that allows you to mock the statement.

I am supported by the Constitution. Laugh all you want.

Now, I am going to refer you to a prior post, on the same page as the one you quoted:

Whatever Creator you see fit to call "Creator". Me personally? I am a Deist, if you could put an "ist" on my personal viewpoints. I will leave it to you to decide who your Creator is, personally, be it God, Allah, or simple physics. You were created to be able to live. To live you must be able to defend. Natural law, Common law...lets not parse to far here on this matter.

You are given the right to defend yourself. If you wish to acquiesce this right on a personal level, then by all means...

...otherwise, you need not try to impart a reign of tyranny by removing the ability of the people to defend themselves.

I do not mean to be terse, but your tact frustrates me. There is nothing in your post that I have not already addressed.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Such an ignorant view of the context of the word creator in the nature of the document.

We exist, therefore we have these rights. End of discussion. Regardless of whether you believe you were molded from magic clay, descended from the molecules of the big bang or are nothing more than the day dream of an alien.

If you exist, you have these rights.

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join