It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Gun Shops Should Cease Selling To Hispanics Immediately

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by psyko45
reply to post by mnemeth1

[edit on 4-9-2010 by psyko45]

Why would an illegal alien have a valid license? Since license are only supposed to be given to citizens... what was the first thing to break down here?

Because liscenses are almost as easy to obtain as a firearm.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why would an illegal alien have a valid license? Since license are only supposed to be given to citizens... what was the first thing to break down here?

[I'll venture so far as to say the "governmental" system broke down.]

Please take the time to answer ALL the questions in the quote you are responding to.
If you happen to be responding to a quote that asks multiple questions and only answer one of them, please verify that the question(s) you are ignoring are not intrinsically related to the one you are answering.

So again...

Thank you for respecting the criteria relevant to rational thought.

Good day.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighinfinite
I don't know about you guys, but flame-bait threads like this one don't really help promote intelligent discussions, and feel a bit too "marketed" if you know what I mean.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by nighinfinite]

Flame bait? Do you mean like lighting a fire and watching the mosquitos come?

So instead of responding to the OP either in the affirmative or negative, you choose to call the OP a flame baiter?

A bit off-topic, and ad-hominem as well, no?

[edit on 9/5/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

reply to post by abecedarian

I understand the rules. I also understand common sense and caution, which is what every responsible gun owner must excercise in order to maintain his or her PRIVELAGE to keep and bear arms. This guy did not do that, and this is precisely how guns end up in the hands of criminals. This is a "use your head issue".

Gun ownership is a right, not a privilege.

And, being a right given to us by our Creator, should not be limited to just US citizens.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
For what it is worth, every poster who has called the OP racist has, in my estimation, decreased their own reputation by playing to a fallacy of the lowest order.

Thumbs down, people. Find a mirror and take a long hard look.

that's amazing to me, that you could conjure up such rubbish.

The OP openly comes out and says it's okay to racially discriminate just because the government apparently does.

If you openly endorse racism, then you ARE a racist, regardless of your intentions.

Thumbs down to you - for pandering for stars my man. There really is a better way.

That is a myopic view of what makes a person a racist. And it is a big reason why i view the term "racism" as a joke. It is sad that such a serious matter could be turned into such a cliche'.

The OP did not condone racism. The OP warns you that if you sell to an illegal, even if that illegal can "prove" they are legal, you could go to jail. The way he put it is in his typical "shock factor" sort of manner.

Now, I can understand how someone may be obtuse enough, either intentionally or not, to miss such a unsubtle nuance. But to continue to try to promote the fallacy, after several pages which clarified the issue, is purely dishonest.

Me? I don't care for the OP one way or the other. They make valid points occassionally, but are often a little more extreme in the delivery than I care for. Regardless of my personal feelings fo their political views, there is no reason for me to try to propagate a lie in an attempt at a smear campaign.

RE: stars, flags, etc. I do not care about such. You should get to know more about me before trying to ascribe motives to my actions. That statement alone makes it painfully obvious that you either are reaching for straws, or know nothing about me. In either case, the utterance issues forth from a position of ignorance, which I have now hopefully denied for you.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And, being a right given to us by our Creator, should not be limited to just US citizens.

What creator is that then?

And it's not just limited to US citizens, last time I checked.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Quaght

In Texas it's only for handguns. For rifles and shotguns you have to wait for the cashier to ring you up.

Well that puts a giant hole in this supposed story doesn't it?

If it's not against a federal law to buy a rifle then it's a state issue and the OP is way off by posting that the feds will come get you!

I was only answering to the waiting period. You still have to have proof of citizenship to buy any firearm.

/Q

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry

What creator is that then?

And it's not just limited to US citizens, last time I checked.

Whatever Creator you see fit to call "Creator". Me personally? I am a Deist, if you could put an "ist" on my personal viewpoints. I will leave it to you to decide who your Creator is, personally, be it God, Allah, or simple physics. You were created to be able to live. To live you must be able to defend. Natural law, Common law...lets not parse to far here on this matter.

If it were not limited to just US citizens, then perhaps this conversation would not be happening? It seems that is the crux of this thread, no?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quaght

I was only answering to the waiting period. You still have to have proof of citizenship to buy any firearm.

/Q

I quote this only to illustrate to the poster I responded to previously that you may need to be a US citizen for the government to observe your "unalienable right" to bear arms.

The reason I find this important is because of things like Gitmo, where it is supposed that those people had some other set of rights that are different from our own.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Race should never be an issue for somebody trying to own a firearm. This is pritty disgusting, that hispanics are being racially discrimminated and blocked from owning a fire arm.

Where do you stand on the issue Mnemeth? Do you think this is wrong or justified? Because thus far I've found your posts deceptive as to where you stand. One would figure that when you post a thread you would make your views clear on the issues. And no, sarcasm is not as obvious on the internet as it is in person.

I don't think this is acceptable at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Uh-oh!

This is unfortunate indeed.

Well not really if we go back to the United States constitution:

all provisions of state constitutions must comply with the U.S. Constitution. For example, a state constitution cannot deny accused criminals the right to a trial by jury, as assured by the U.S. Constitution's 6th Amendment.

usgovinfo.about.com...

If there is a conflict between the US and state constitutionals on fundamental issues, the US constitution supercedes the state constitution.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Race should never be an issue for somebody trying to own a firearm. This is pritty disgusting, that hispanics are being racially discrimminated and blocked from owning a fire arm.

Where do you stand on the issue Mnemeth? Do you think this is wrong or justified? Because thus far I've found your posts deceptive as to where you stand. One would figure that when you post a thread you would make your views clear on the issues. And no, sarcasm is not as obvious on the internet as it is in person.

I don't think this is acceptable at all.

Actually, I find you to be fairly deceptive as well. I can't tell where you stand on most issues. On some issues you seem to side with liberty and on others you want tyranny.

At least I am consistent with my philosophy in every post I make. All victimless crime must be abolished.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ok, so you refuse to tell me where you stand on the issue and instead you attack me of being deceptive? Hypocritical is it not?

I will ask you again. Do you agree with the title and OP of your thread or not? Simple question.

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Actually, I find you to be fairly deceptive as well.

Once you've answered the question above, I will gladly address your claims about me being deceptive. I'll need examples of the issues I've been 'deceptive' in mind you.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Ok, so you refuse to tell me where you stand on the issue and instead you attack me of being deceptive? Hypocritical is it not?

I will ask you again. Do you agree with the title and OP of your thread or not? Simple question.

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Actually, I find you to be fairly deceptive as well.

Once you've answered the question above, I will gladly address your claims about me being deceptive. I'll need examples of the issues I've been 'deceptive' in mind you.

What kind of a dumb question is that?

Did I not write it?

Did I not repeat myself a dozen times?

If you don't agree with the OP, then you have to explain TO ME why you want innocent people to be sent to a federal prison.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
gun shop and gun show 2 big big differences.

at a gun shop the required background check would have showed that guy as illegal or would it? no.

fake drivers licenses are rampant in the us but the feds glady give drivers licenses to illegals all the time.

so carding is ineffective, but as a gun dealer they do have the right to refuse to sell to anyone that they deem as a potential threat to society.- derranged persons mentally unbalanced. you know someone who would actually walk into the shop and say" i need a good gun so i can go shoot someone."

giving people are not allowed to ask immigrant status this is the biggest bunch of bs i have ever seen.

gun shows tho are big and big for a reason of better prices theres no way anyone buying or selling will even get to know if someone is illegal.

setup-sting yeah pretty clear.

profiling- not selling to a person that doesnt speak english and "looks" hispanic isnt racism its saving your azz.

living today in american you sure dont want to be white anymore

be either muslim or hispanic or illegal and the left will be your best freinds and you will get away with breaking the laws you could have never done as being white.

that is the fact of life in american today and ITS NOT RIGHT!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No, there are no differences.

The NICS check does not check to see if a person is here illegally.

In this case, the man purchasing the weapon would have been cleared through the NICS system, since the system only checks to see if criminal records exist.

The illegal making the purchase is not required to present a social security number. As long as he doesn't have a felony record, he should be cleared through the system.

FFL gun dealers are at high risk of prosecution if they sell to Hispanics.

www.nraila.org...

"How does NICS actually work?

Once a dealer and buyer are prepared to conclude a transfer, a retailer who does NICS checks by contacting the FBI system directly by phone will do the following:
1) Call a NICS operator by toll-free number and confirm his identity with his FFL number and dealer-selected password.
2) Provide the operator with the name, date-of-birth, sex and race of the potential buyer and the type of transfer--handgun or long gun. A buyer with a common name may, at his option, provide his Social Security number to help speed the check."

[edit on 5-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quaght

/Q

No you don't.

Dealer's have forms to fill out and things to report, common people selling a gun to some other person in the state of Texas do not have forms to fill and thus don't have to ascertain citizenship.

Read the laws, please.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yet again, please answer the question.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

S&F for several thing mnemeth.

First for the story, we both know the feds are racist, tyrants and all around assholes.

Second, for exposing the reading comprehension of some of the members.

Third, for exposing the cognitive dissonance that exists within several members minds.

4th, for showing that the liberal progressives were pretty much the entirety of numbers 2 & 3.

5th, for proving that we SHOULD have limits to rights of certain people. For all people that believe that rights should be licensed or whatever, THEY should have ONLY privileges. They are too dangerous to give rights to.

6th and not the last, for getting whatukno to AGAIN stick his big foot in his AMPLE mouth. For that, you get a golf clap.
I really enjoyed seeing him back pedal and attempt to obfuscate his idiocy. QUITE refreshing.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Personally, i think we should stop selling firearms to the lower states. this would include Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, and Southern California.

We should also include anyone that owns a truck, or has ever worn overalls in the list. Anyone who has ever carried a pitchfork, or thinks Jeff Foxworthy is funny, along with the brown folks.

We should also remove the guns from the police force in these states as well. We can outfit them with riot shield, rubber ball guns, and air soft guns.

We should only sell guns to the upper states, seeing as they are more civilized and cultured. Also include a test with a gun purchase. With having to show your government issued ID, you should take an ASVAB type test to make sure you are smart enough to make said purchase.

We also need to include a DNA repository with a gun purchase. If you want to buy a gun lets say its a 7 day waiting period. In this time you can get your test done, and deposit a blood and hair sample with your gun purchase. This way your gun is permanently linked to you.

Im with you mnemeth1 but im adding some points to your argument.

~G~

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join