It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infared Detects UFO's (with official Military backing!!!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Source

According to Reuters, the government confirmed the video was shot by the air force on March 5 over the eastern coastal state of Campeche as the aircraft looked for drug traffickers near the Gulf of Mexico.

If this story isn't exciting enough, there are MULTIPLE accounts, video evidence, and most importantly, Its been verified by the government!

I read a story not to long ago about a man in the U.S. who would set up multiple video cameras with infrared and had hundreds of video footage of UFO's not visible to the naked eye, but couldn't find it anywhere recently when I looked, and then I came across this!

I would love to get everyone's opinion!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nice find

I expect to see a lot more of these reports in the near future. Hopefully the floodgates will open and the truth will finally get out there.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
Nice find

I expect to see a lot more of these reports in the near future. Hopefully the floodgates will open and the truth will finally get out there.

Ya its so funny that this, even with political backing still hasn't made the news! I wish I could say that I'm surprised....

I'm still looking for the guy who independently films this stuff here in the US!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This story is from 2004...

It's made the rounds and the footage has even been on some UFO shows if memory serves correctly.

Pz.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
This story is from 2004...

It's made the rounds and the footage has even been on some UFO shows if memory serves correctly.

Pz.

Sad...So why hasn't there been any follow up? That is ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The MSM has covered this:

Fox News

Wikipedia

BBC

Sad...So why hasn't there been any follow up? That is ridiculous!

Just google "mexican military ufo" or any other reasonable search criteria and you will find a wealth of repetitive information and analysis.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

DevilJonah.....

With reference to your article:

Unfortunately.....

As much as I "clung on" to that one for a long time, it has been proven to be oil drilling platforms filmed from above.

Even more unfortunately.....

Maussan the appalling con man & hoaxer continues to push it as "real".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

DevilJonah.....

I'm still looking for the guy who independently films this stuff here in the US!

I'm not certain as to what you are referring.

Are you referring to night vision filming?

If so, are your refering to Grimsley?

If so, Grimsley's work is relentlessly low quality, showing things such as satellites, planes, birds, bugs, etc...

Having viewed a great deal of night vision footage, here is some work I posted regarding the only case of a night vision "unknown" that stands up to any level of scrutiny.

I note that despite Grimsley's attempts to take credit for this film, it was actually filmed by a different gentleman, who has been kind enough to join our discussion in-thread.

UFO in In Night Vision Video

What is the Identity of the Delta-Shaped Craft in this Video?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

If so, Grimsley's work is relentlessly low quality, showing things such as satellites, planes, birds, bugs, etc...

I think you're right, I just must have got confused, but that would explain why I couldn't find it anywhere!

It feels like every time I find something that excites me it somehow gets debunked!

For something "verified" by a government, that sure did burst into flames.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah

I think you're right, I just must have got confused, but that would explain why I couldn't find it anywhere!
It feels like every time I find something that excites me it somehow gets debunked!
For something "verified" by a government, that sure did burst into flames.

DevilJonah.....

Hey.....

This UFO area is pretty tough!

Keep your chin up mate!

In case you're interested, here's a case that fascinates me:

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

it has been proven to be oil drilling platforms filmed from above.

No, I don't believe it was "proven". That was just another hypothesis that itself has been "proven" wrong...

I usually trust your intuitions MMN, but jumping on that bandwagon oil derrick explanation? Naw, not this time.....

When I find the time I'll find the links that "prove" it can't possibly be oil derricks. I forget all the reasons off the top of my head, but for starters, I believe the angles were all wrong...

The only thing in this crazy fields that ever gets "proven" is that usually there are many other possibilities than the ETH, or paranormal...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
Source

According to Reuters, the government confirmed the video was shot by the air force on March 5 over the eastern coastal state of Campeche as the aircraft looked for drug traffickers near the Gulf of Mexico.

If this story isn't exciting enough, there are MULTIPLE accounts, video evidence, and most importantly, Its been verified by the government!

I read a story not to long ago about a man in the U.S. who would set up multiple video cameras with infrared and had hundreds of video footage of UFO's not visible to the naked eye, but couldn't find it anywhere recently when I looked, and then I came across this!

I would love to get everyone's opinion!!!

I went into that link and ctrl+F'd the words "alien" and "extra" and I didn't find anything, absolutely nothing in that link says that Aliens exist.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Even if it was proven to be a hoax of some kind, what is the explanation for the government backing of the footage?

And is so hard to believe that such concrete evidence could be made to look like a hoax by an entity that didn't want that information disclosed?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

it has been proven to be oil drilling platforms filmed from above.

No, I don't believe it was "proven". That was just another hypothesis that itself has been "proven" wrong...
I usually trust your intuitions MMN, but jumping on that bandwagon oil derrick explanation? Naw, not this time.....
When I find the time I'll find the links that "prove" it can't possibly be oil derricks. I forget all the reasons off the top of my head, but for starters, I believe the angles were all wrong...

Toxicsurf.....

I argued "for" this one again not so long back, but I re-read some of the material & discussed it with a couple of very knowledgeable members of ATS.

I'll go find the report that swayed me.

It might take me a little while because I haven't established a seperate file on this case.

I would love to be talked back into this one.....but I doubt that's going to happen.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

DevilJonah.....

Even if it was proven to be a hoax of some kind, what is the explanation for the government backing of the footage?

Was there really "government backing of the footage"?

Or.....did the Mexican Air Force simply release a report in their own right, regarding which the Mexican government was equivocal?

And is so hard to believe that such concrete evidence could be made to look like a hoax by an entity that didn't want that information disclosed?

Hmmm.....

We're back to the ol' "disinfo" counter argument against any debunking.

That line of argument can simply turn into frustrating "feedback loop".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I would love to be talked back into this one.....but I doubt that's going to happen.

I think it was Ecker on an older Paracast show that swayed my back away from the oil derricks with a good argument. Or I could be totally wrong and it was someone else...

I'll look after I get some rest...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

I think it was Ecker on an older Paracast show that swayed my back away from the oil derricks with a good argument. Or I could be totally wrong and it was someone else...
I'll look after I get some rest...

Toxicsurf.....

I'm just re-drafting this post.

I'll include some more info for you & then re-post it in sequence with the thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for the link, I'll check it tomorrow. I can't even comprehend that page in my current state. I've been at work since Tuesday morning, bouncing back and forth between two jobs, 16 hour shifts at one and 6 hour shifts at the other. Just got home for the first time since Monday night. I did get a couple breaks to go to class at the local CC...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Toxicsurf.....

I hope you enjoy working through all that.

Don't knock yourself around to much!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Unfortunately.....

As much as I "clung on" to that one for a long time, it has been proven to be oil drilling platforms filmed from above.

Even more unfortunately.....

Maussan the appalling con man & hoaxer continues to push it as "real".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

MMN,

With all due respect to your integrity in UFO research, the infrared footage taken by the Mexican Air Force in April 20, 2004 does not show oil drilling platforms.

The whole 'oil platform' debunking of this case (started by a certain Alejandro Franz, who may be a fictive identity) is pathetic at best, since it ignores facts and basic data, and assumes that the Mexican Air Force and all the personnel involved to be incompetent and wrong.

The 11 objects captured by the Mexican Air Force infra red surveillance equipment were moving (!) at an approximate level of 11,500 feet and were also picked up by radar.

What are the debunker's take on this? Vehicles moving on a Yucatan highway...

Believe what you like.

As to Jaime Maussan, who has become the pet target for ATS debunkers, he's a reporter, not a UFO investigator. He's using his celebrity status to popularize the UFO phenomenon, which makes some UFO researchers anxious and professional debunkers see red. A few hoaxes have apparently fooled him, fair enough. Some had me fooled too. I dare say that every reporter or journalist has at one point or another worked faulty information, in spite of investigative fact checking and source verification. It happens. So should we therefore mock the entire world press and media, and believe nothing that they say?

Only if the credibility-bar has been raised as high as it has with the UFO phenomenon in particular. In fact, we keep on raising it every time new convincing UFO evidence appears, so now even military infra red and radar observations won't do it ("The poor standards of the Mexican Air Force, they don't even know how to work their equipment, therefore it isn't proof, therefore it was probably just oil wells, case closed."). That way, we don't need to deal with the implications of accepting the (incredible) evidence...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join