It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann found by 4chan?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
\It scared me, I thought I was witnessing a breakthrough that could be credited to 4chan solving an widely publicized case and then a cover-up in progress as the thread was 404'd. Although I understand the need to remove a rule 34 violation, we're talking about potentially missing/exploited kids who need more eyes out for them.

It likely 404'ed because it reached page 16. Most threads don't last more than one hour, many only live a few minutes.

If only we had the suck to actually do something about this, stuff like pedophiles having the run of the land, this wouldn't happen too often.

Knowing how 4chan works, they probably would have done something had they actually known where the girl was - not to save the girl, but to ruin someone's life and though in this case whoever did this does deserve hell raining down on him/her, this is not actually a good thing. Last 'big' thing they did was bully an 11 year old girl and family because of a comment she made on a youtube video, they were quite proud of their achievement.

There were so many people who seem to have been tricked, what with the stunned wats and wuts that followed.

the wats and wuts are trolls. A common 'meme'

I wonder how efficient IP tracking is... If you had the means, could you be completely anonymous or would they be able to track you down, because, why would you post something like that freaky pic unless you were completely sure that you wouldn't be tracked down and followed up on by the police for posting a picture of a girl tied up in some basement.

Whoever posted that picture likely saved it from earlier. If it was original content that thread would have probably been archived (and if the first one was indeed, good luck finding it on the archive).

If this is found to be a pointless thread and that this girl in the picture is like some sick meme, then this thread should be deleted

I believe ATS has a no delete policy, but lesson is, never trust anything you see on 4chan (in fact, read the disclaimer at the very top of the /b/ board)

[edit on 4-9-2010 by daniel_g]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by veryinteresting
Kidnapping and abuse of children is a sick thing to joke about IMHO.

But it's perfectly acceptable to stage it for entertainment purposes on television.

I still think she's trying to win the hide and seek world championships.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

I believe ATS has a no delete policy, but lesson is, never trust anything you see on 4chan (in fact, read the disclaimer at the very top of the /b/ board)

Meh, thats fine, at least maybe if this pic pops up somewhere again it's documented here at least.

:

[edit on 4-9-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Closing pending Admin Review

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join