It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US envoy Oren warns: Hizbullah has 15,000 rockets on border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

US envoy Oren warns: Hizbullah has 15,000 rockets on border

www.jpost.com

Ambassador says Islamist group amassing arsenal in southern Lebanon with long enough range to hit Eilat; missiles now hidden beneath hospitals, homes and schools to avoid Israeli Air Force strikes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 9/3/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say at this point, Lebanon and Israel will soon be in military conflict once again (but I'm sure most of us knew that). I doubt the IDF will just allow Hizbullah to mass rockets on their boarder, putting all Israeli towns in dire jeopardy. They even say they have rockets capable of reaching the southern most city of Eilat.

According to the article, missiles are being hidden under hospitals, schools and homes. With that being said, I'm sure the IDF could care less if they were under a child's sandbox. Things are really heating up in Lebanon. The wheels are a rollin

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
And when the "ALWAYS RIGHTEOUS" Jews kill the supposedley innocent jihadists, the rest of the planet will be in a furor?
fOR WHAT AND TO WHAT MEANS?
tooo lazy to add/delete caps

[edit on 9/3/2010 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
sounds like the standard sabre rattling thats been going on for decades frankly...veiled threat here, veiled threat there, etc...

But, if things do suddenly get hot, your right...if there is a bullet hidden in a baby's carriage, they will bomb the carriage with no moment of hesitation and no regret...

Israeli's have turned into some of the worlds most hardened warriors...a debate could be made on if this is out of necessity.

Can we move israel to florida already?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

According to the article, missiles are being hidden under hospitals, schools and homes. With that being said, I'm sure the IDF could care less if they were under a child's sandbox. Things are really heating up in Lebanon. The wheels are a rollin

Lebanon will loose. End of Story. It is very arrogant of Hezbollah to threaten Israel, and put their own peoples lives at risk.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Well not so fast. Hizbullah is backed by Iran. Also, its not as if Hizbullah will be alone. I'm sure the Muslim worlds armies are well aware of Jewish tactics (see Egyptian slaughter during 6 day war
I bet Egypt won't let themselves be caught off guard ever again). After fighting an enemy for so many years, you get to know them. I'd like to quote one of my favorite authors;

if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

-Sun Tzu

Perfect examples, Vietnam and Afghanistan.

Was it arrogant for George Washington to put the colonial people at risk? I'm sure standing up for the innocent people that have died in Lebanon is more heroic then standing up to taxation without representation...Plus Hizbullah has give many social services to the poverty stricken people of Lebanon (including schools, hospitals, homes and more). Arrogant, they are not.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Well not so fast. Hizbullah is backed by Iran.

No crap..

Where do you think they got these 15,000 rockets? Walmart?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I wouldn't be surprised

I bet Iran will (or has already) deploy Revolutionary Guardsmen to assist hizbullah to repel an Israeli invasion. The Syrians have already bunker themselves in pretty nicely in Lebanon, just waiting for Israel.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

Wouldn't be surprising if the article is claiming where these missiles are placed just so the IDF can refer back to it after burning more Lebanese infrastructure if criticized for their indiscriminate bombings.

American ambassadors claimed all this? Probably the same ones who supply Israel with their weapons. It wouldn't be as profitable if the terrorist enemy was reported as fighting away from civilians like they probably do

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

you can just about get anything there

anyhow on topic
israel are *****ed and Amin to that

maybe if these countries have the capacity hit Israel hard the next time it launches its attacks and emposes sea bloakades it will get a bigger bloody nose then it did during the last conflict,

at the end of the day if these people have the means to fight back israel will stay away.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think these missiles will be used against the Dimona reactor once they start the conflict. At that point the gloves will come off and I think we'll see Damascus go away. From there it'll really get dicey.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
How much armament does Israel have aimed at Lebanon? Quite a lot i'm sure! Israel always becomes concerned when one of their neighbors has the weapons to protect themselves or the ability to respond to Israeli aggression.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

There's no way they will target Dimona. That would be counter productive for both sides and suicide for Lebanon and Israel. Saying that, accidents do happen............

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
How long til israel attacks?will they have a preeptive strike or wait til the missiles fly?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Damn those nasty Lebanese and their capability to hit back if attacked!

Despite all the Israeli and US propaganda such as this piece of garbage, the fact remains that Lebanon and it's Hezbollah militia are only trying to protect themselves from Israeli land grabs and aggression.
Hezbollah is not intent on invading / attacking Israel as an Iranian proxy and any missiles it does have aimed at Israel are there as a retaliation measure.
Israeli claims thatthose missiles are hidden under hospitals, schools and civilian homes etc, is just an excuse for more of their indiscriminate killing in any planned attack. As always, they offer no proof to back up any of their claims, after all, they are the righteous people, gods chosen and perpetual victims.... right?

Perhaps if they finally declared fixed borders and stayed within them, instead of constantly threatening it's neighbours and coveting their land and, more importantly in Lebanons case, it's freshwater supplies, they just might get along fine.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

There's no way they will target Dimona. That would be counter productive for both sides and suicide for Lebanon and Israel. Saying that, accidents do happen............

This official source, who spoke to Asharq Al Awsat on the condition of anonymity, because he is not authorized to speak to the media, said that the vital facilities in Israel will be bombarded, primarily the Dimona nuclear reactor. He added: "Israel and the United States want to wage war on Iran; yet Iran has multiple options of retaliation." He pointed out that his country's strategy of "retaliation against aggression" is " to reach every area that will affect the enemy, regardless of its proximity or remoteness from the Iranian territories."
www.asharq-e.com...

Iran has stated many times recently that it intends to go after Dimona if it's attacked. Iran, Syria, Hezbollah are all the same thing. That's where they got these missiles in the first place. The rhetoric out of Iran is non stop 'wipe the zionists off the map'. Which is aggressive behaviour IMO. If Iran was moving thousands of missiles into Mexico and Canada and screaming death to america everyday then we'd be a bit uptight I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Of course, because the Israeli's cannot afford to have their enemies nuclear capable [or any kind of capable for that matter]. Regardless of which 'side' your on, it would be the inevitable demise of Israel when one of their neighbors announces it has nuclear capabilities.. Your overall objective in war is to keep the enemy down and disabled until he dies or surrenders, and Israel is doing a good job at it. Not that I endorse Israel's actions, but I do respect their military mind. And vise versa for the guerrilla style fighting insurgents.

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
If Iran was moving thousands of missiles into Mexico and Canada and screaming death to america everyday then we'd be a bit uptight I'm sure.

lol reminds me of America putting missiles in Turkey, and USSR putting theirs in Cuba. Nothing better then the smell of good ole cold war in the morning. . . But there's nothing funny about that...we almost destroyed the world that day

[edit on 5-9-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I feel really bad for the Israeli children.

Can you imagine the psychological impact this is creating on the children? It must seem like everyone hates them when just about every neighboring country wants them destroyed and/ or is working to destroy Israel. Imagine them having to live with the reality that one day, they might loose their parents in a missile strike fueled by what must seem to some of them like legitimate hate. These children have done nothing, and yet, they are on the front lines of this conflict. On both sides, but even more so on the Israeli side due to these randomly targeted rockets.

It infuriates me to the very core how senseless human beings can be when they warped by fear. Show some respect, if not for the leaders, the citizens of Israel in these barbaric times.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by sliceNodice]

top topics

join